G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

most popular / nicest color combo for g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking r-i-g-h-t

Originally Posted by Nicholas GQ
My favorite is Ivory Pearl/Graphite and Laser Red/Graphite. Everytime i see either of those colors, it makes me really wish i had either over my Diamond Graphite/Graphite.

Least favorite is Carribean Blue, in my opinion that color is awful looking.
Well, from the panty dropping reactions to the jaw dropping, puddles of drool and eyes full of envy that I've had since my proud ownership of my CB G35, I'd have to disagree with your statement.

But I can see how CB might how not appeal to EVERYONE. It's one of those exotic colors that demands attention-sometimes not positive. It's as eye catching as LR, but without the COP magnet feature.

I love it! I was at the Infiniti dealership looking at new G's when I bought my 03. I asked the sales guys,"hey, I don't see that hot blue in this brochure or on your lot! What gives!?" He told me that CB was no longer offered. I said "Carribean Blue? Is that what it was called?" Then he walked me over to a VERY gently used CB coupe and said, "This is Carribean Blue." I said, "Whatever it is, it's MINE!" The rest is history.....I love my coupe.

gspotter,
Don't you love the fact that even though you have a G, which is already pretty rare on the streets (here they are), having a CB G sets you apart from the other cars on the road?! BTW, your pics of your car inspired me! I installed that nose spoiler after seeing your beautiful car. Our cars could be twins now.

Oh.....which color do I like the best!? Well, I like to be different, so CB and Pearl!

Thanks,
Larry

Old 04-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
I concur I just forgot to add it to my list. Nicholas GQ sounds like that guy from the Mercury News that said that even "that ghastly shade called CB turned heads" well no wonder haha. It's just too loud a color for some people's corporate lifestyle I guess, but to me it's the true Skyline color.
LOL

It's not that it's too "loud" for my tastes at all. I just don't like CB for some reason. Ever since the first time i saw it. It just looks....dare i say cheap? in my opinion. Reminds me of my girlfriend's Ford Focus in blue that looks all too familar.

But to each their own, i'm glad to hear that you and the other guys love your CB. And as a whole, i'm sure we are thankful of the different colors to choose from in this car. I mean, i own a DG which is the most popular color but i still love my car.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:31 AM
G SQUAD
the best combo is tb/willow for the '04

Old 04-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by 6-Sigma G35
Don't you love the fact that even though you have a G, which is already pretty rare on the streets (here they are),

maybe that's because you live in backwoods, Indiatucky?

I saw 4 G's pull out the same time as I did this past Saturday morning.

btw - I love my IP/wheat, it's the combo I wanted, and that's all that matters to me.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:48 AM
ip/graphite or tb/willow. nice contrast there.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:07 AM
no doubt... definately IP w/ either black/willow

Old 04-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 6-Sigma G35
gspotter,
Don't you love the fact that even though you have a G, which is already pretty rare on the streets (here they are), having a CB G sets you apart from the other cars on the road?! BTW, your pics of your car inspired me! I installed that nose spoiler after seeing your beautiful car. Our cars could be twins now.

Oh.....which color do I like the best!? Well, I like to be different, so CB and Pearl!

Thanks,
Larry

Larry, great to hear that about your G! Congrats on getting the spoiler! Show those Hoosiers what a real car looks like!

Old 04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
i think DG is a nice color, but it's *everywhere* right now. it's a fad color. it's dates your car immediately. think back to the 80s and think about some color like royal blue, or some of those pale pasty colors, or that weird 70s wood paneling stuff. you never saw a car then that was DG! think about the 90s when silver was the hot "in" color. and now every make and model has a dark charcoal gray. *boring* *yawn* talk about looking like everyone else on the road.

personally, i only believe cars should be in classic colors. your primary colors. none of this gray silver stuff, not any of that ugly burnt orange Z thing that i saw once, nothing that will ever say, hey, this car was made in this decade! obviously few people drive their cars for 10 years, but why choose a "fad" color?

again, personally, i like to be the loudest color on the road - mine is red/graphite. screw the cops, just be careful and don't speed excessively. my preference probably comes from sport bikes, where i definitely like to be the most colorful and loudest thing on the road, lol...i am that guy who would drive a yellow car...so to each his own

Last edited by dropshadow; 04-04-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Diamond Graphite is absolutely beautiful. It shines like nothing else. It stands out from regular old silver, and it has the nicest shine in either the sun or at night with light reflecting off it. I think DG/Black interior looks best.

Either that or the Black looks nice too. I also really like the dark blue and white (if kept clean) I went for the DG since it looks nicest, and doesent show scratches/dirt.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I have Black/Graphite....

but wish I would have gotten IP/Stone... why oh why didnt i get that.... oh yeah now i remember ... wifey was choosing the color!

Old 04-04-2005, 05:01 PM
And here you are saying dont get a color that matches every other model on the road, red definitely does that my friend. To me the classiest colors for men who have sophistication are DG and BS. You can also add the classy black but thats about it. Holla Back

Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Gangster Member
damn people really love the Ivory Pearl, I would of got it if they had in Graphite Interior. I love my BLK/BLK on tho

Old 04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DG/STONE looks awesome. The two tone door pannels/interior look very classy and stylish. The grey goes extremely well with the aluminum and black.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by TheGest
damn people really love the Ivory Pearl, I would of got it if they had in Graphite Interior. I love my BLK/BLK on tho
I went for IP/Stone, thinking I was "settling" for Stone since I really wanted Graphite...but after having it for a couple of months now, I *really* like the stone interior.

The majority of comments I've gotten are along the lines of "The white makes it look VERY classy, while still showing off the sleek lines...it looks fast, but not 'ricey' or overdone".

My friends w/ their own sports cars (S2k's, Evo MR's, STi's, 350z's) all call it the "Grown up" sports car...and a couple of them are actually considering trading theirs in.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:23 PM
w/out maintence into consideration, i would say bk/bk. it gives out that extra classy appearence

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: most popular / nicest color combo for g35