G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Gawking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same story here...always get compliments and head-turns even from those driving in the opposite direction. I especially love when you catch someone looking at your ride at a red light and when you turn to look at them they immediately turn away as if to say "na, I wasn't looking". Or, when another person in a stock G sees your modded ride and it makes them feel a little bit unconfortable driving next to you...maybe that was just me before I got wheels

Gotta love it!

eddie

Old 04-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
Now please don't be offended (a friend tells you you have pizza on your face, an enemy says nothing). I could be mistaken, but for the original poster, I can't remember such an animal as an F350. After the 328 came the 348 (designation from displacement then #cyl). Following that, pretty sure it was the F355 (displacement then #valves per cyl), 360 (displacement), and now the 430 (big change in displacement due to the Gallardo and GT upping the ante).
Thought you might like to know.

Cheers,
Derek

Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Lots of looks so far and I am sure many more to come. Just one example, I came out of the grocery store store with my girl and this guy was bent over looking at the rims/tires. I said this is going to be awkward to my girl. Dude was like sorry and ran back to his grocery getter, made me laugh.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:46 PM
I appreciate the people looking.. but i do find it rather uncomfortable if i'm at a restaurant sitting by the window lookin at my car and then seeing like 15 guys surrounding it outside... sure they might be checking it out.. but still!

Old 04-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I just bought my 05 black G yesterday...traded in a extremely modded WRX sliver (not rice) haha...and I can not get over the looks I get in this thing?!! Worth EVERY PENNY!!

Old 04-07-2005, 12:21 AM
one time when i was driving my girlfriend home from my parents place around 1 or 2 am, i signal for a left turn as i came to a stop at a red light. i started talking to my girlfriend and i notice this dude from the opposite direction gawking at the G. I continue talking to my gf and until i saw the "DONT WALK" sign starts blinking.

I looked at the direction that i will turn into, and i notice this dudes car starts rolling forward. By the time the lights turned green, more than half of his car was already in the middle of the intersection. the lights are green for 5 seconds, he is still gawking and rolling forward.

The car behind him honked and he finally woked up, probably from one of those car commercials where people dream about driving what the advertised car is. My gf and i just started laughing and talking about this incident.

It could of been one of two things why he was rolling to the middle of the intersection:
1) he had a dream while he was gawking or
2) he was thinking that i would speed off once it hit green and make the turn, so he didn't want me to go before him

anyways, luckily no cars was going down that street when he was in the middle of the intersection.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:26 AM
If you live in socal, seeing a g35c isnt too big of a deal, unless it is heavily modded on the exterior. There are so many of them here!!

Old 04-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Our G's get a lot of looks, but have you ever been driving and caught someone GAWKING like it was a Ferrari F350 or something?
Yeah, it happened to me tonight on the way home from work. These 3 "hoodlum" looking guys in a 2K SUV, with 9K rims, went across the intersection while I was waiting my turn to go. The driver just about fell out of his seat as he continued to go by right to left. After 2 1/2 years later, I still get the "gawking." I just hope the **** wasn't Gay. LOL!

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/XM/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged

Old 04-07-2005, 12:28 AM
mrb
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
I appreciate the people looking.. but i do find it rather uncomfortable if i'm at a restaurant sitting by the window lookin at my car and then seeing like 15 guys surrounding it outside... sure they might be checking it out.. but still!
That is what the panic feature on an alarm is for

Old 04-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Had a guy with a brand new Porsche Boxster (Still had temp plates) gawking over my ride at a stoplight last night. I thought that was pretty funny.
You sure he is not gay? Maybe he is looking at you

Old 04-07-2005, 12:33 AM
I just still can't get over what this thing looks like while in motion...When I see another G coupe on the road or when I get lucky enough to drive past an office building with Mirror windows I can't help but stare...10 months in and I still do the look back after I park my car...Now thats getting your moneys worth...I love this friggin car ...

Old 04-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmm, I've posted about this before. I've had the car for a couple of weeks, and not one major look. I've had some noses turned up at me almost in disgust it seems. I always take a glance to the cars next to me at lights, and nothing, not a look, not even a smile. There are many, many g35s in this area (Boston), so that may be one reason. Oh well, I didn't buy the car to get looks. Oh, I did have one person ask me, "Hey, how do you like your Toyota? How much are those, about $23,000?" Ha, whatever!

Old 04-07-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
when I get lucky enough to drive past an office building with Mirror windows I can't help but stare... ...

HAHAHA. I do the same thing.... These stories are great, keep em coming.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
I get gawkers all the time...then again I drive naked.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by 6-Sigma G35
You have to understand that I live in Indiana. Indiana is a land filled with corn fields and V8's.

Having a CB blue colored car alone would get you noticed in this state. Having a CB G35 Coupe...well, talk about a neck twisting, gawking, drooling, staring, girls yelling/waving, little kids pointing, and boyfriends angry at their girlfriends for looking car!

In the parking lots I always have people looking at my G. Since I debadged it (only the front and rear Infiniti emblems are on) it REALLY confuses people. Mt. Fuji isn't well known around here.

Hmmmm....maybe being here isn't too bad. G35's are rare here. I like it like that.
haha, my friend is from INdiana. He moved here to Hawaii though. He'd always crack jokes about how girls would be long farm fields away so....options weren't abundant but then again, you look across the dinner table and.... haha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gawking