G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

05 6MT for invoice & I walked out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 6MT for invoice & I walked out!

Well, as some of you know, I was waiting on a 05 6MT. I got Jerked at my choice of Dealers (Atlantic Infiniti in Lynbrook NY) and went in for my deposit back... Long story short.... customer service was the worst I ever been through.... went and bought the car I wanted the same day 15 miles away. For the price I wanted to pay!

Before leaving the first showroom... they were begging for my business & offered the car at invoice price... Also said they wanted to make me a VIP member...No clue what that was / didn't care... I was soo pissed with the lack of service! They were trying to do everything for me to stay with them and buy it through them ... I said Screw the money and went with Customer Service and respect.
Paid 200.00 over invoice for a loaded 6MT and I'll be driving in a few days ... SOOOOOO glad I didn't give into those jacka$$'s for a few bucks...

I think the second dealer wanted to stick it to the other dealer and make the sale so they looked like the better place to buy. I don't care what they were thinking ... I was treated like a king!

Will be taking delivery Monday night or Tuesday morning. (Shooting for the AM so I can give the car a good walk around)... You get what you pay for.... I paid more ....And im happy

Old 04-08-2005, 02:52 AM
Good for you! All things being equal, customer service is the key. Now get out there and have fun driving.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Theres something to be said about good service. I remeber when I was looking to trade in my 350z for my G. One dealer wouldn't pay off my loan even though the car was in excellent condition. Long story made short, I got a good deal from a dealer 20 miles away. Loan paid in full and an excellent price for my G. It was priceless the look I got when I pulled up to the first dealer I went to in my G. I went there to pick up some splash guards. I put the box in the car and waived goodby not only to there snobby looks but also their cut from a deal that never got taken seriously.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:36 AM
J-Z
I could tell you horror storys about their service departments service and treatment of me, bottom line is I tell everyone who asks to stay away from atlantic, go competition or massapequa.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:05 AM
And you know those dealers live and die on the questionairs you fill out.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:49 AM
when you guy say paid over the invoice does that mean you actually paid more then MSRP ? if so i've seen lots of people did that when they buy 05, i dont know is it that hard for US to get 05 ? i bought mine(canada) 8th of march and i bought it with 3500cdn (around 2400USD)dicount plus free oem winter matts.
so basically i got my Nav for free. i dont know about US tho

Old 04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
mrb
Experienced the same treatment at a local dealer. Glad you found one that worked for you.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by mrb
Experienced the same treatment at a local dealer. Glad you found one that worked for you.
Same here. The dealership I walked out on called me 3 times a day later. They even had the manager call and left a message for me to come back.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by gettaluvr
when you guy say paid over the invoice does that mean you actually paid more then MSRP ? if so i've seen lots of people did that when they buy 05, i dont know is it that hard for US to get 05 ? i bought mine(canada) 8th of march and i bought it with 3500cdn (around 2400USD)dicount plus free oem winter matts.
so basically i got my Nav for free. i dont know about US tho
FYI Invoice price is the dealer price supposedly, although if that were true selling at invoice price means they don't make money but invoice is significantly lower than the MSRP which is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price... nowadays you should not be paying MSRP for a 2005 coupe or sedan...

and yea Atlantic's sales department sucks *****!! I originally planned to buy an 04 back in october 2003 but their sales manager was such an ******* i ended up cancelling my order. He basically treated me like I was stupid or something and acted like he was giving me the best deal in the world by selling the car to me at MSRP. Would not recommend that dealer to anyone at all!!! their service department is ok I guess but last time i went there i had to wait 3 hours for an oil change...

bought my 05 over at massapequa and they gave me the best deal right off the bat with no hassles... when i picked up the car it was raining so they kept it in the garage all clean and the paperwork process went by very fast. I recently looked them up on Infiniti.com and they actually got a quality award for 2005... I would go there for sales, but for service i've heard horror stories also... i'm trying them out my next oil change...

I wish they had a better dealer selection here in NY though...

Old 04-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Coupe or Sedan

Was this a coupe or sedan?

Old 04-08-2005, 11:38 AM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by G35Vision
Well, as some of you know, I was waiting on a 05 6MT. I got Jerked at my choice of Dealers (Atlantic Infiniti in Lynbrook NY) and went in for my deposit back... Long story short.... customer service was the worst I ever been through.... went and bought the car I wanted the same day 15 miles away. For the price I wanted to pay!

Before leaving the first showroom... they were begging for my business & offered the car at invoice price... Also said they wanted to make me a VIP member...No clue what that was / didn't care... I was soo pissed with the lack of service! They were trying to do everything for me to stay with them and buy it through them ... I said Screw the money and went with Customer Service and respect.
Paid 200.00 over invoice for a loaded 6MT and I'll be driving in a few days ... SOOOOOO glad I didn't give into those jacka$$'s for a few bucks...

I think the second dealer wanted to stick it to the other dealer and make the sale so they looked like the better place to buy. I don't care what they were thinking ... I was treated like a king!

Will be taking delivery Monday night or Tuesday morning. (Shooting for the AM so I can give the car a good walk around)... You get what you pay for.... I paid more ....And im happy
you should have told them you were with ny g-squad......not for nothing they are one of our sponsors and im sure they would have made it a little sweeter ....but u got what u were looking for good luck and congrats

Old 04-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Thumbs up

Good job!!

I am sure it feels good sticking one to the dealer
and ya congrats on the car and N-joy.

Old 04-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks guys .....
Yeah the sale over in Massapequa was a breeze .. I told them I just dropped my deal with Atlantic .. And I'm about 30 minutes away from going to buy a 05 Cov't Vett!

I Bashed Atlanic and the G for a few minutes .. Telling them .. It's a soupped up Nissian for god sakes .. You would think I'm buying a Enzo with the Crap I'm going through to get what I want.... They were like ... oh comon .. it's a Beautiful car, my reply, so is a Vett ... I told Massapequa Take this offer to your desk ... come back with Yes or No .. No bullsh!t or i'm heading over to a chevy Dealer ... He came back in 5 minutes and said ok the car is yours

Old 04-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Questions

1. Was document processing fees or administraion fees added to the $200 over invoice you paid?

2. Was this a coupe or a sedan?

Old 04-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Coupe, no fee's .. I never pay that crap for any car I buy .... Just $10 for an inspection & I'll pay for the plates when I go in and pick up the car