G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

those of you who got their Gs from JBA infiniti @ ellicot city MD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those of you who got their Gs from JBA infiniti @ ellicot city MD

(this thread was on this forum earlier but i felt that this thread might bring closer attention. i need the replies asap.)

wnt1bd told me that JBA offers low price on G so i called him yesterday

now today i called him back since he couldnt find what i want, which wasnt right since he was looking for 6MT not 5AT

so here it is...

Rex, the general manager, misunderstood that i was looking for 6MT and he said he could find none around this area.

so i told him i want 5AT. he said he will call me back 2 mins later.

then i got the call from him that he can get me one from another dealer (750 over invoice) with 25~26 miles on it. i was like "thats bit too much"

then he said he cant do any better than that since he is offering 750 over invoice.

my question is, those people got their G from JBA infiniti, which sent by wnt1bd, with over 750 over invoice...you all got those Gs with those high miles on it?

am i missing something or what?

i was looking for the G thats "right off the truck"

money is not the issue...i am willing to pay 1000 over invoice if they can get me the "right one"

i said i am going to call him, Rex, tomorrow

thank you;

Old 04-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Hmmmm. I would jsut go up there. Last time I was there they had tons of 05s on the lot.

Also, the experience that I had there was great--they bent over backwards to get my business.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:22 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
25 miles aint that much. I'd get it. The 5at doesn't have a clutch to really abuse so 25 miles is really nothing.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't cry over 25 miles... and $750 over invoice isn't a bad deal at all.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
WTF? What is it a few miles on the car breaks your deal? If the car has 25-30 miles on it, so what? If you are afraid the car will break, then it's not the kind you want to buy anyway.

I have been driving Mercedes for the last 15 years, and I have paid big bucks for cars that had over 12K miles. Guess what, they drove like new.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:04 PM
i had some bad (or maybe the worst) experiences with cars that had over 10 miles.
it is hard for people to understand it unless they had a painful experience.
it was the nissan AT car btw...i wont say any more but i am gonna have some time to look around my area before i go to MD
sry for all of you who thought that it was the dumbest thread
however, i took it seriously
thanks

Old 04-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
It is not a dumb thread. But if you think a car has 0 mile on the clock will not give you trouble, then you should re-think. I would rather see some miles on the clock because you know the dealer would have fixed whatever problem the car has than losing a deal because something happens to the car while a potential cusotmer is test driving.

OTH, it is understandable that you think the car may be abused by potential buyer while test driving. The chance of that is also very low, it is the Salesman's responsibility to make sure no one abuses company assets. That is why dealer never let you take the car out yourself, especailly performance cars. And they always make you go to a certain route because they know the area well that no one can hot rod the engine. Have you noticed no test drive ever occur on highways?

The car is under warranty, and you can always apply the lemon law if the dealer won't fix the problem.

If you are that paranoid, then you must be one of those people that will abuse a machine while test driving just to see what the car can do. That's why you stay away from cars that have been driven.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by elau
Have you noticed no test drive ever occur on highways?
I completely disagree with you. I just test drove a car today on the I-5. Ran it all the way to the top of 1st through 3rd then half of 4th. If your gonna test drive a car, you best test drive the damn thing. Afterall your spending your hard earned money on it.

Infact everytime I've test driven a sports car it has been the dealers mission to put a smile on my face... They want the consumer to wring the car around a turn and gun it on the straight. They want you to want the car.

A local sales person here has even crashed a Z himself trying to impress a customer.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang, you'll swing form 6MT to 5AT that easily?!? Make sure you buy what YOU really want the first time around...or else I am sensing a buyer's remorse thread real soon

Old 04-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my G from Ellicot City and it had 90 miles on it...Only at a thousand miles will it be considered a demo. BTW my car is still flawless after 17k miles and it's a 6MT.

Old 04-13-2005, 07:39 AM
If it really bothers you that much Go up to timonium and get the car at Nationwide Auto Infinifi. Thats where I got my car. I got it from a guy named neil, It was about 200-300 over invoice at the time

Old 04-13-2005, 08:15 AM
From my understanding these cars come "off the truck" with 5-7 miles on them already from being track tested at the factory. So you're really looking at 18-21 miles tops of customer test drives. You can figure each test drive could be anywhere from 3-6 miles, or roughly 3-7 test drives on that car. That's nothing. The car is performance car and has been made to handle high-spirited driving. Unless the car already had a latent defect, there should be no deterioration in its quality. BTW, $750 over invoice is pretty darn good especially with spring already here. Just my $0.02.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:00 AM
This thread would be a great place to post in the new NationalGClub forum

Old 04-13-2005, 09:20 AM
You have to remember that these miles (~20) came from a dealer trade and not a test drive. Ask Rex to get your sales person to drive it from dealer to dealer. I picked up my 6mt there 4/9 and it had 14 miles on it. I went for a test drive before doing the paperwork and the car ended up having ~20 mile when I owned it. If it's a local trade, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a trade from another state, I'd be worried more about rock chips than the car itself since it's an auto but again, you're paying for a new car. If the mileage is too high for you, it's up to you to wait or find another deal. Autos are pretty common on the lots. If you're not picky about colors, I would push for $500 over invoice.

Old 04-13-2005, 02:42 PM
i see i see...so most of you all think that it isnt a big of deal.
Rex...i wont say many words about him but i felt pretty bad when i said the "low mileage deal" to him. he was like go to other dealer and deal with other sales person.
well too bad, i live in NoVA and i basically talked to him on the phone. (not face to face)
from that point with Rex, i'd rather pay more bucks to get what i want.

btw for people who think that there are "very few" who drive abusively with the car, i've seen quite few that who do drive abusively. bottom line is that you never know what happened. so like i said before, i will take some time. i will *revisit* the Rosenthal Infiniti and alexandria as well this weekend

thanks for the comments (once again )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: those of you who got their Gs from JBA infiniti @ ellicot city MD