G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I need instructions to ANY grounding kits.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need instructions to ANY grounding kits.

I was wondering if anyone would email me or post pdf files of the instructions that came with their grounding kits. And I mean ANY kits from the NISMO to the STILLEN to the one made by one of our own forum members.

I have done searches on both this forum and the 350Z forum but have yet to see a REALLY good thread with detailed instructions.

I work in the automotive industry and am going to shoot these instructions to an electrical guru in my company to help me determine which kit is the best to purchase after taking a peak at my G.

Thanks in advance to everyone who shoots me instructions. I really apprecaite it.

Larry
vr4_larry@yahoo.com

Old 04-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Well I don't have links to instructions.

As to which to get it is pretty simple, The GroundingGear is far better.
As it ties all the grounds together. Most of the kit out there are 5 or 6 wire sets.
The high end from GroundingGear (In your case the 5AT Performance 10 wire) is the only good option.

It improves an AT in a monterous fashion. None of the other kits even approach the issue of the AT

Old 04-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Those grounding kits really work? they only seem to work until the ECU memorizes
its environment. after that, it's all in your head kind of mod (?)...

Old 04-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Florida G35 Club
Larry
Like Sickone said. The Grounding gear is the way to go!! I have a 6mt and I will tell you its a very nice mod for a nice price. I can fax you over the install sheets. PM me.
Dennis

Old 04-17-2005, 10:40 PM
kenchan: the ECU adapting to your driving has nothing to do with what the grounding can/will do for you. If you have an AT the advantage is much greater.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Can someone with a kit measure from connection points with a multimeter both with and without the wire in place and compare the resistances given?

Old 04-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Threeve, it is far more complicated than the resitance... really the impedance...
You'd barely be scratching the surface of the issue. You need at least a scope to really 'see' anything.

A lot would come down to signal quality, noise, current paths, etc on the sensors, feedback loops, and controls.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Actually it's not more complicated. Impedance only exists in AC systems since it is a quantity that varies with frequency. In a DC system, such as a car electrical system, the frequency is 0 Hz, which causes the reactance (imaginary part) to disappear. Inside the alternator 3 phase AC is present but this is rectified with diodes to DC before leaving. What comes out of the alternator is pretty low quality DC, and nothing you can do to the grounding scheme can change this very much. I would guess that they use small voltage regulator IC's on the PCB of any important device in the car, if they didn't, anyone with aftermarket subs and amps would cause major problems with sensors. This would happen when the bass transient hits, drawing a ton of current simultaneously causing the internal resistance of the battery to go up and the voltage to drop. They use voltage regulators for everything important I would bet, which basically would negate any small changes. Filtering with inductors, capacitors, or some type of voltage regulator IC / shunt regs are the only ways to get cleaner power, period.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Smile Thanks!

Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Larry
Like Sickone said. The Grounding gear is the way to go!! I have a 6mt and I will tell you its a very nice mod for a nice price. I can fax you over the install sheets. PM me.
Dennis
Dennis,
Thanks! I sent you a PM earlier this morning, feel free to fax me anytime (as long as there is a cover sheet, I should get it).

Anyone else have any instructions to share? I appreciate the reviews, but am really looking for detailed instructions as to how and where these kits are grounding the car so my friend can take a look at them for me. He's a guru and should be able to determine which ones make sense for me.

Thanks very much!
Larry
vr4_larry@yahoo.com

Last edited by 6-Sigma G35; 04-18-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
details on 5-wire..need help on 7

Hi All

I have decent instructions on a 5 wire kit with picts...but I purchased a 7 wire for a g35 AT, but anyone know where the last 2 point are...any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 wire

http://www.350zforum.com/tech/groundweb/groundweb.aspx

please help on 7 wire