G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crossfire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the front of the car looks really good, the back is fugly imo.

I too sat in one at the auto show and was suprised just how cramped it was inside. It has potential but they need to change the back and increase the interior room.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that they are goofy looking. call it an SLK if you want, but I would buy the MB badge way before this thing. I LOVE when they come to the light and think they are fast, then I destroy them. The SRT-6 just won a Road and Track 1st place in a comparo against a Z Nismo Track, and Boxster S.... It caused me to lose respect for that mag. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=1985 Glad that subscription is up.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Personally I think it not that attractive and bordering on ugly. But to say it’s underpowered? The new one’s banging out 330 hp and 310tq scharged of course and for a nice $.

http://www.chrysler.com/crossfire/fe...eup/index.html

Anyone catch the Jeremy Clarkson video where he rips the crossfire apart and compares its looks to a dog pooping?

I'll try to find the review video and post it.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:57 AM
i wouldnt get it ... go for something else... there are bunch of other options.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:29 AM
remember the firepower may/maynot be comming out in 2005 (prob late)

ppp

Old 04-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by geioushi
I feel the same way...that thing is hideous... .
Ditto.

The rear has got to go! but to each his/her own. The spoiler is a MUST have, and changes the looks of the rear end.....slightly.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:10 PM
wait for the pontiac solstice if he wants an american drop top coupe.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Wow, I'm surprised at how many people are concerned with a name plate. Pretty snobby if you ask me. As for being underpowered, not too many seem to complain about the power of the SLK, which happens to use the exact same engine and drive line. I think it is a great looking, edgy car, that stands out from the crowd. I commend Chrysler for having the ba**s to build it. Oh yeah, to all those who don't know, Chrysler owns Mercedes! Remember that next time you want to pluck down 50k-70k+ for a MB. I already have the G, so I'm not worried, this car is for a buddy of mine. I don't think too many people would turn down a Viper (yes, also a Chrysler product) which has been described by many people as one of the best/highest performing sports cars in the world.

For the guy who is ashamed of the magazine article: Uh dude, if the car kicked butt in the comparo, get over it, I'm sure they know slightly more about rating cars than you.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:18 PM
I actually sell the Chrysler Crossfire. Any questions, just get at me. As far as the car goes, two of our salespeople own them. One loves it and the other is too upity to know a good car anyways. Get at me with any other questions.

-Cameron

Old 04-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks man, I think my friend is putting a deposit down on a white one tonight.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:49 PM
In a comparo put on by Car and driver it placed dead last.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=9157

The old SLK IS UNDERPOWERED, unless you go and buy the SLK32 ///AMG. and it is completely different. It has a retractable hardtop. The SLK is a slushy car. Lots of fun in the sun, and if you can do the AMG.... WOW, but the crossfire is just not my gig. As far as the VIPER goes... not my gig either. If I were spending the money, I would opt for the much cheaper C6 Z06. And then with the left over money, I would stop buy lingenfelter and do an upgrade, and outperform the viper BIG TIME. Dodge offers the best bang for your buck car on the market though, the SRT-4. I also commend them for having the huevos to build the car. It is a good step in progression. But they made the same mistake as GM did with the GTO. Under powered on used parts. They did it to save cash, but they should have done it with a Hemi, and a longer wider body to fit that platform, and then they could have offered it in AWD. The SRT-6 is formidable, has a lot of power, and I have to say that chryslers SRT division is really up and coming and making some bold statements about how a car SHOULD be powered, much like their ///AMG counterparts. It is just that for 35k, I think you can do much better. The Z car is a way better car. They new Mustang GT is a better car, faster too. The problem with buying a brand new sporty car in the 35k range right now is that the options suck. You have Z/G, PonyGT, Xfire for 2 door cars and then you can throw in the WRX/EVO cars. The new Eclipse GT should be a hell of a car, but who knows until it gets here. Now to get the performance package (SRT-6) you are looking at 50k... now we are talking about C6, Boxster S range... and seriously, the Crossfire over a boxster... not going to happen. But like I have said in other posts, TO EACH THEIR OWN. The XFire is going to get looks, it is also going to get killed on the streets if he decides to race a hopped up civic.

Last edited by ashadiow; 04-18-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I think the whole car looks out of proportion. It doesn't flow. I think the cars sits too high. Overall I just think the car sucks, but thats just me.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Super G-nius
I think the looks of the car are very bold. Like the BMW M Coupe (hardtop roadster), you either love it, or hate it....not much in between.

The first time I saw one on the road, I saw it from the front. I thought to myself, "What the hell is that!". Then as I drove past it going in the opposite direction (totally cranking my head around), I didn't care for the profile so much as it appears to come to an abrupt end. When I saw the rear in person, all I could think about was a 50's DA .

For my taste, the stocker is underpowered. I feel that a car looking that bold, needs to drive equally as bold. However, the SRT definitely makes up for that. The tail softens up the rear just enough for me to actually be able to admit I like the car, and it performs well. Although, I have read more than one reviewer mention that it is *extremely* harsh on the street (who wants to wear a kidney belt while driving). And besides, pricing the SRT-6 Crossfire puts you in the league of an M3. IMO, the M3 is equally impressive looking, and will perform very well....plus you get 2 more seats (like the G)!!

Old 04-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Well I work at the largest Chrysler jeep dealer in the world and in my perspective, I think the car is pretty cheap considering it goes brand new at my dealership for about 29.

I must say though....understeer is a bitch on that thing.