G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Which would you rather get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGest
I'm leaning towards touchscreen my self, nothing like owning a nice tv in the ride, although exhaust is music to the ears every time you press the pedal
I heard touchscreens were girly.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Florida G35 Club Premier Member
go with the nav... you'll be more happy with that than an exhaust in the long run. IMO, an exhaust system is not worth the $$$. I mean, how much more of a gain in performance can you get with an aftermarket exhaust? The only notice would probably be on a dyno (if any). I wouldn't be surprised if you lose some HP. Even if you're not an audiophile, you'll be more happy having a dvd/nav cause you'll be using that every time you drive. How often are you racing your car and utilizing the extra power you expect to get with an exhaust? If you're going just for the sound, seems like a waste of $1000. Stock exhaust sounds pretty sweet already.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:24 PM
i think you'd be more satisfied with the touchscreen

Old 04-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Go with the Eclipse. Personally, I think the stock exhaust sounds sweet. It's not uncommon for me to be driving down the street and seeing people turn around and give me a thumbs up. It's the exhaust that catches their attention, so why mess with a good thing? I have the Eclipse AVN 2454 and everyone compliments me on how good it looks in our car. It adds another "wow" factor to our car. It looks much better than the bland Bose stereo.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by mr pink
I heard touchscreens were girly.

hahah quit messin with me man

Old 04-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by aznluder
go with the nav... you'll be more happy with that than an exhaust in the long run. IMO, an exhaust system is not worth the $$$. I mean, how much more of a gain in performance can you get with an aftermarket exhaust? The only notice would probably be on a dyno (if any). I wouldn't be surprised if you lose some HP. Even if you're not an audiophile, you'll be more happy having a dvd/nav cause you'll be using that every time you drive. How often are you racing your car and utilizing the extra power you expect to get with an exhaust? If you're going just for the sound, seems like a waste of $1000. Stock exhaust sounds pretty sweet already.
well i have stock nav already, im gona have both the avx model is the 20 gig harddrive one, but i see what youre sayin

Old 04-20-2005, 07:40 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Originally Posted by Sooner97
Go with the Eclipse. Personally, I think the stock exhaust sounds sweet. It's not uncommon for me to be driving down the street and seeing people turn around and give me a thumbs up. It's the exhaust that catches their attention, so why mess with a good thing? I have the Eclipse AVN 2454 and everyone compliments me on how good it looks in our car. It adds another "wow" factor to our car. It looks much better than the bland Bose stereo.

lets see some pictures of "how good it looks"

Old 04-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
TV, adds another dimension to the vehicle. You've already got a nice exhaust on your car. If you want louder exhaust note, gut the CAT and get the Z-tube for $50 used.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Neither; have big plazma HDTV at home with true Sansui surround sound and stereo system. The only thing the G will get is some sort of FI if I can only make up my mind which one and who I trust to do the installation; then maybe some good lightweight silver Nismo wheels.

htb

Old 04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGest
Exhuast or Eclipse AVX 2494 MP3/Touchsreen TV? im having a hard time deciding

Exhaust......It was one of my first mods and absolute music to my ears!

C.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Florida G35 Club Premier Member
Originally Posted by truplay8
lets see some pictures of "how good it looks"
Do a search and you should be able to find some pictures of a double din conversion with the eclipse nav/dvd. Looks pretty sweet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.