G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Had my ECU flashed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my ECU flashed!

I finaly had my ECU flased at Technosquare on tuesday, and it was worth the wait! The tech Brian costom tailord the flash to my mods to make sure I got the best performance from the flash. There is definitly power and tourque gains you can feel through out the rpm range and also the engine revs higher. I need a good place in the L.A. area to dyno my G to post some results.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:39 PM
definetly post the dyno results when u get them, I would like to see how much power it gives you

Old 04-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by mykmar10
I finaly had my ECU flased at Technosquare on tuesday, and it was worth the wait! The tech Brian costom tailord the flash to my mods to make sure I got the best performance from the flash. There is definitly power and tourque gains you can feel through out the rpm range and also the engine revs higher. I need a good place in the L.A. area to dyno my G to post some results.
How long did it take to get your ECU back?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Gu, I live in L.A. which is about 10 miles away from there shop. So I drove there and had it done. The tech was able to test drive my G to tune it to the mods. It took about 2 hours to get the air/fuel calibration correct through out the power band. I got to ask a lot of questions and he explained the whole prosess. The tech Brian is a drift driver. He also drives a 350Z and has a lot of practicle experience with tuning these cars.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:56 AM
how long did the process take? and how much?
TIA! =D

Old 04-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Taofang8, it took about 2 hours and cost $595.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:06 AM
Do they have anything available for the 05 6spd. Coupes? Aren't the ECU's different again?

Old 04-22-2005, 10:38 AM
In the WRX world, an ECU reflash can actually give gains on even a totally stock car. Is this true for G's? (I understand that N/A gains probably woudn't be nearly as much) Anyone have any links where I could read about this? I searched, but didn't come up with anything.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I am working on returning my Unichip. If they will not take it back, I am going to take it to a chassis dyno and have new maps build in response to my JWT cams. If not, I will go the Technosquare route...

Did Technosquare cover any differences between the 2003 and 2004 ECU's? I know the 2004 ECU's do not play nice with tinkering. For example, the 2004 ECU does not allow idle RPM adjustments. However, I find it surprising that Technosquare has the ability to reprogram the ECU without running/seeing/testing the vehicle. As we know, all our cars run differently even with the same modifications. Therefore, there is only so much Technosquare can do. It appears to be similar to Unichip. Here you have a company (Unichip) designing template maps for generic configurations with zero success. In my case, those generic maps did nothing and I had to pay extra to have new maps built.

I would be inclined to take my car to a dyno and send the results to Technosquare along with the laundry list of my modifications. This may give Technosquare a better idea what our vehicles are doing. I really believe the difference between Technosquare and Unichip is that Technosquare “hardwires” the maps into the ECU whereas the Unichip alters the signals “going out.” The problem with the Unichip is that is “re-learns” itself at closed loop. That is, the O2 sensors in closed loop mode will correct or change the Unichip A/F ratios on their own. Add more fuel, the O2 sensors see it and make a correction for the next time. This is applicable during part-throttle operation. During full-throttle, the car stops reading the 02 and runs off the Unichip maps. Secondly, the folks at Technosquare are tremendously more experienced then Unichip and as close to Nissan as one can get.

Old 04-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Rayfield, I was told that there would be gains on a non modified car as well. A modified car would see larger gains.

Last edited by mykmar10; 04-23-2005 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:27 AM
Realdieu, I don't know much about Unichip but I would agree with you that a one fits all chip is not the way to go. If you have mods that adds additional variances to how a cars engine will run.

Before they (Technosquare) start there is a form that you fill out where you list your mods. My G was tuned to my mods and the program was adjusted to maximize its performance. Like I stated before it took about 2 hours to get the final ECU settings for my car.The car was test driven after each adjustment to get the air/fuel mixture correct through out the entire rev range.

I feel it would be better to go there to have it done if at all possible (I just happen live close to thier shop). I was told that they have had great success with the mailed in units that have had the flash.

For those of you who don't live close enough to Technosqare and have to send in your ECU, there is a form that you send with it where you list your mods to help taylor the flash to your ECU.

Last edited by mykmar10; 04-23-2005 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Technosquare's site only seems to show an available reflash for the '03 model. Obviously this isn't complete, if mykmar's 04.5 got flashed. Is there a more up-to-date source of info?

Old 04-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Rayfield, you have to click on the 2004 350Z flash. It also applies to the G.

Old 04-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Ah! Didn't try that. Thanks for the tip..

Old 04-24-2005, 04:19 PM
That is odd. The ECU's between the G and the Z are different...

Rayfield, you have to click on the 2004 350Z flash. It also applies to the G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Had my ECU flashed!