G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tranny Problems anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny Problems anyone?

Hi everyone. A lot of people on the 350Z forum are claiming that they are getting new trannys from the dealer under warranty because of the grinding problem that they are getting. Is anyone noticing this problem on their 6 speeds also? If you have already gotten new transmissions then please post and tell us how it is and your experiences. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-27-2003, 03:22 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Tranny Problems anyone?

Yes bro, there are some 'grinding' issues with the G's 6M/T, and some peeps have had a replacement. Seems the problems with the Z and the G are the same.

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-27-2003, 03:57 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

The grinding problem seems to be only on select few cars, some people have grinded 3 different trannys in a row, that can only mean one thing.... they need to learn how to shift properly
I have 2,000 miles and so far everything just seems to get smoother and smoother

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 05-27-2003, 06:25 PM

Ok define grinding.

Old 05-27-2003, 06:27 PM

i've had my 6MT for two weeks now. car manufacture date was 04/03 (will double check that). in the two weeks & 1100mi, i've not had any problems with tranny. shifting has been very smooth & trouble free.

Old 05-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm at 6500k and nothing serious with the tranny yet. The clutch is a little loud after I running it hard and sometimes it's "sticky" or "notchy" hitting some of the gears but that's it. I think there may need to be a review of the design overall. But I also think that some people need to learn to drive stick. I have let several people try my baby and most of them had a difficult time getting used the tranny, even experienced M/T users. This may be hampering new drivers as well. Just my thoughts, Peace. [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 05-27-2003, 08:18 PM

Yea I can't drive manual worth ****..that's why I'm on my second tranny..and my dealer told me to wait for Infiniti/Nissan to launch the revised tranny scheduled to come out by the end of the summer. I'm the first out of almost 40 that my dealer is installing when they arrive stateside, But according to idiots on this forum, I can't drive a manual. Ignorance is Bliss.

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 05-27-2003, 08:48 PM

Basically ..the tranny seems tempermental.....meaning certain conditions of acceleration or at which rpms the change occurs at .. how fast the clutch is put in and or how far when engaging the next gear..

overall the clutch and tranny seem to have gotten better I'm up to 1900 K ..
after the dealership put on 30k when I went in for a oil change !!!! (FU$K PRIC&S... 2nd was notchy!!!!
but, after about 50 K of me driving,,,, ...it has gone away...

mind you i have never had to replace or tune a clutch in my life and I can get in any car for the first time and never stall or ride the clutch whatsoever.. ....talent eh??? [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

either way ..like I say.... tempermental... take it easy and hey .. if it grinds for no reason...take er in.

laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 05-27-2003, 09:05 PM

1900 K miles (1,900,000), man that's got to be the most miles on a car I've seen in my life! [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

-Rick

Old 05-27-2003, 09:55 PM

Yah BuDDAYy

I love drivin my G

laterrrrrrrrr

Old 05-27-2003, 10:02 PM

I guess you canadians are succeding in tricking some of these guys

Old 05-27-2003, 10:57 PM

My second gear will sometimes grind when I am engaging it. I am at 5000kms and it hasn't got any better really. Doesn't happen all of the time though, so it doesn't really bug me.

Oh yeah... if anyone makes a comment that I can't drive manual, I will I will stick my gear shifter up their a$$.

:- )

Banatoman

Old 05-28-2003, 01:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry man.. I don't go that way... heh heh. Tsk Tsk we have some sensitive pep's here about their stick capabilities. My intention is inform not insult for those of you that feel it. I'm just saying that I have seen many a clutch needin replacement after someone learns to drive stick on it. You should have seen the clutch from my first mustang I got a few years ago. That may not constitute a new tranny but myabe the G35 is very finicky indeed on the treatment it receives. Live long and prosper masters of the G35 synchro. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 05-28-2003, 12:19 PM

Well, I haven't had a single problem with my 6MT, over 3,000 miles now, going strong... and I KNOW how to drive a manual trans, been doing so for over 20 years. It's clean, quick and smooth as silk, no matter what my shift points are.

(ahem) SOME people who think they're King Sh*t and know everything about everything will say the trannies stink after they've gone through a few of them, but the truth is they're just lucky that Infiniti is willing to stand behind the product rather than investigate serious mis-use and abuse of their vehicles.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 05-28-2003, 12:25 PM

Damn...20 years? You've gotta be old....Im only 21..By the time Im your age I hope to be driving a few Bentley's with wings and jets!

How you like me now...Gold teeth when I smile!

"Dont start none, won't be none"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tranny Problems anyone?