G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My BATS overlays (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My BATS overlays (pics)

I got my BAT's overlays in at the beginning of the week and finally installed them today. I ordered the 6/10 markers, 3/10 tails and 3rd brake lamp, and 6/10 GTR headlamp overlays. I just did the markers and taillamps today. I did it myself, and I think they came out pretty damn good for a first-timer. I've never tinted glass before or anything, but I have seen it done, so I had a good idea of how to do it. The taillamps were a b*tch, and they didn't come out perfect, but you can't tell unless you get close up. The second pic is a comparison shot....the RT lamp is done, the LT lamp is original. and yeah, this is a crappy camera from my work...

For those interested, I removed the lamps from the car, polished them with some 3M glaze, and wiped them down with my cotton shirt just before applying the overlay....about 1/2 hour each lamp, markers took just minutes. I will do the 3rd brake lamp soon, maybe tomorrow, and update the thread then. With the bottom side of the spoiler being in a constant shadow, the 3rd lamp pretty much matches the 3/10 tails...until the brake pedal is depressed. Then the 3rd lamp is a bit brighter.
I still haven't decided if I will do the headlamps. What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails My BATS overlays (pics)-bats.jpg   My BATS overlays (pics)-bats2.jpg   My BATS overlays (pics)-batscompare.jpg   My BATS overlays (pics)-lowmarker.jpg   My BATS overlays (pics)-nicemarker.jpg  

Last edited by AustNMike; 04-24-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:56 AM
...a couple more...

Also, I have to compliment the outstanding service being provided by BlueBatmobile (Andrew). Definitely hit him up if you guys like these. www.bluebatmobile.com I had them at my door within a week from Cali to TX.

Thanks Andrew!! I emailed some photos to you.

Attached Thumbnails My BATS overlays (pics)-ltwheelmarker.jpg   My BATS overlays (pics)-garagemarker.jpg  

Last edited by AustNMike; 04-24-2005 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont know, personally..I would like them a tad darker..

Old 04-24-2005, 01:56 AM
^ I'm with him.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:22 AM
thanks...i wasn't sure myself...wanted to keep it sublte...no attention from cops behind me...I think the darker ones look good too, but not for me...

Last edited by AustNMike; 04-24-2005 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the ones you got looks fine... Nice...

Old 04-24-2005, 03:20 AM
Sig
so um....what did you do to it again?

Old 04-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Those look really nice. I'm still debating on whether or not to get the 3/10 or 6/10 tails so thanks for the OEM vs 3/10 pics, they really helped. Oh, and since I'm such a detailing fanatic, the cotton shirt part stuck out like a sore thumb. The cotton in today's shirts are usually not 100% USA grade cotton and therefore can scratch surfaces; yes, even plastic. If you have any type of microfiber cloths laying around your house, I would use them with any type of wax, polish, glaze, etc.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Sig
so um....what did you do to it again?
um...yeah....

Old 04-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Question:

How do these work, I'm considering the eyelid overlays just becuase that would be pure sickness on a black G. How do you install them? What are they made of?

Old 04-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by cyphr
Those look really nice. I'm still debating on whether or not to get the 3/10 or 6/10 tails so thanks for the OEM vs 3/10 pics, they really helped. Oh, and since I'm such a detailing fanatic, the cotton shirt part stuck out like a sore thumb. The cotton in today's shirts are usually not 100% USA grade cotton and therefore can scratch surfaces; yes, even plastic. If you have any type of microfiber cloths laying around your house, I would use them with any type of wax, polish, glaze, etc.
glad to help....thanks for your comments...as far as the cotton thing, the T shirt I had on was indeed 100% cotton, and I just did one quick wipe with it solely to remove any loose dust that may have been attracted to the freshly glazed lamp....when using the glaze, I had a buffing pad...they were so soft before I overlay'd them....did the headlamps with glaze too, they look like new now...

Old 04-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Question:

How do these work, I'm considering the eyelid overlays just becuase that would be pure sickness on a black G. How do you install them? What are they made of?
headlamp eyelids would be real easy....they are vinyl overlays and come on a backing like a sticker....you apply them like window tint film, using a soapy water mixture to allow for precise placement...work the moisture and air bubbles out from the middle to the edges...may need a hair dryer or heat gun for curvy applications....low $ mod...go for it...

Old 04-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AustNMike
headlamp eyelids would be real easy....they are vinyl overlays and come on a backing like a sticker....you apply them like window tint film, using a soapy water mixture to allow for precise placement...work the moisture and air bubbles out from the middle to the edges...may need a hair dryer or heat gun for curvy applications....low $ mod...go for it...

I just made some eyelids myself.
I went to Fast Signs and bought a piece of their premium 3M Vinyl for a whopping $4.00. They turned out nice.

I had the headlight overlays on my car....but took them off. The tint looked brown in the sunlight.....and looked like crap on my black car.

Attached Thumbnails My BATS overlays (pics)-lid.jpg  

Last edited by Brando; 04-24-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:08 AM
I just photoshopped the GTR headlamp overlays....Need help guys...should I put them on or not??

Attached Thumbnails My BATS overlays (pics)-lowmarker.jpg   My BATS overlays (pics)-gtrphotoshop.jpg  
Old 04-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AustNMike
I just photoshopped the GTR headlamp overlays....Need help guys...should I put them on or not??
Like I said above......they look brown in the sunlight!!!!!!

If you like that....knock yourself out!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My BATS overlays (pics)