G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

g35 vs tsx

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey blaze take it from me do not even think about it there is no comparison between the TSX and G35. The G blows it out of the water. Ive had hands on experience with both. A month ago I got rid of my '04TSX with the wood grain and Navi (best decision ive made) and went to a higher level with the G35. Now the '05 interior in my opinion is more attractive than the TSX to my surprise when I test drove it. I was worried because I knew the Acura had great materials but to tell you the truth this car has a way more sporty look, just really a whole new feel. I love it. Now the '04 G interior might not be up to par with the TSX. I recommend getting the '05 and you definitely will not regret leaving the TSX. Everything about the G is more superb especially the power, handling, masculine factor, panty dropping factor, and sexy looking factor. The TSX is not even the same class with the Infiniti when it comes to these.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:32 AM
The interior thing is highly subjective once you're at this level of car. I kept reading all about how much nicer the BMW 3-series interiors were than the G's, but when I went to test drive a 330i, I didn't feel like it was all that. Did it have some nicer materials, and was it a bit more attractive? Yes. Was it worth the tradeoff in power, handling, and exterior aesthetics? A huge NO. I got the G, and have no regrets, so far.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:54 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm curious what trade off you made in the handling department... from what i know the bimmers are still number 1 there.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:56 AM
If you're talking to me, I felt like the BMW was a bit more "settled" in a corner when you went over rough pavement. Other than that, I feel like the '05 6MT G can hang with a 330i. This is just based on a couple of quick test drives, though.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Acuras ARE Hondas just like Infinitis are Nissans. The Acura TSX is a Honda Accord in the European and Japanese market.
I know, hence my comment regarding why they did not do anything to make themselves stand out from the Honda brand like how Infinitis and most Lexus don't look like Nissans and Toyotas.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by No1Better
I know, hence my comment regarding why they did not do anything to make themselves stand out from the Honda brand like how Infinitis and most Lexus don't look like Nissans and Toyotas.
Last time I checked the Nissan Skyline is exactly the same as a Infiniti G35. Nissan Fuga is exactly like a Infiniti M35/45. Lexus IS300 is the same as a Toyota Alteeza, Lexus Rx300 is a Toyota Harrier, Lexus GS is a Toyota Artisto. I could go on and on. It is called badge engineering and Japanese automakers are laughing all the way to the bank. "Let's put a shiny emblem and some walnut trim so we can charge thousands more!"

Old 04-25-2005, 03:26 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last time I checked the Nissan Skyline is exactly the same as a Infiniti G35. Nissan Fuga is exactly like a Infiniti M35/45. Lexus IS300 is the same as a Toyota Alteeza, Lexus Rx300 is a Toyota Harrier, Lexus GS is a Toyota Artisto. I could go on and on. It is called badge engineering and Japanese automakers are laughing all the way to the bank. "Let's put a shiny emblem and some walnut trim so we can charge thousands more!"
Actually, the Nissan Skyline isn't priced any differently in Japan than it is in America as an Infiniti. It is a bit pricier than the Fairlady Z and is considered a "luxury" Nissan there.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He is talking about the US market. Almost no new nissans in the US look like infiniti cars and most toyotas dont look like lexus's. Hondas and acuras all have a very similar look to them... not a bad thing since i was a former TL-S owner.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Rayfield
If you're talking to me, I felt like the BMW was a bit more "settled" in a corner when you went over rough pavement. Other than that, I feel like the '05 6MT G can hang with a 330i. This is just based on a couple of quick test drives, though.

just hang? anything to do with racing the g will win (assuming equal drivers). the m3 however as we all know is a different story.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by EZZ
Actually, the Nissan Skyline isn't priced any differently in Japan than it is in America as an Infiniti. It is a bit pricier than the Fairlady Z and is considered a "luxury" Nissan there.
Yeah but try selling the G35 as a Nissan product in America. It definitely wouldn't sell as well. Your average uninformed American consumer would say "$39k for a Nissan?!". Sad but true.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by blazed54
just hang? anything to do with racing the g will win (assuming equal drivers). the m3 however as we all know is a different story.
Will even the non-sport package G's will outhandle the 3-series? I'm afraid some of my info is from reading reviews and such, since I have yet to personally put both cars through really hard corners.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by sales
If you're buying new, get the 05. You'll trade Brembos for an upgraded interior, but if the interior is more important, it might prove to be a better decision.
Brembos are a big deal, take it to any brake shop and upgrade to real brembos.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by SenSpeed
Brembos are a big deal,
Not for me. The '05 brakes are great, as far as I can tell. I don't track the car, or tailgate, so the improved fade resistance of the Brembos is a non-sell in my case.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
The G35 will kick the old and new 3 series ***. The new 330 might come close. And you wont be driving the same car as everyone else on the road in the G35.

Honestly around here I am almost seeing as many 3 series BMW's as I am with Civics and Accords.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by heeb
The G35 will kick the old and new 3 series ***. The new 330 might come close. And you wont be driving the same car as everyone else on the road in the G35.

Honestly around here I am almost seeing as many 3 series BMW's as I am with Civics and Accords.
Agreed. Most of the 3 series are 325s though and are slow as hell. I put bus lengths on those things. I've run some 330s and they are quick but they don't do as well on the highway. I think its a driver's race for a 330 and they have a better ride compromise than the G. Its a great car...just not for the money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 vs tsx