G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Any Issues with 05 G's ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MT is funner in certain types of driving conditions .... liking to drive realy has nothing to do with AT or MT

Old 04-27-2005, 08:28 PM
MT is certainly at times more fun, of course it is also at times a lot les fun.

So depending on where you live, traffic, age, style, etc... pick what is right for you.

Ignore all the folks who think MT is the only way to go - twenty years ago I said the same thing... wasn't the first or last time I was wrong.

As far as the '05, I have had no issues of any kind - it has been great. I just rolled past 12k on mine (got it last week of Nov '04) so it has seen some miles, and I love it)

Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heeb
this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
No its not, you have to admit that shifting gears yourself is MUCH more fun. Shifting from 1st to 2nd, I can make wheels spin by revving high and then releasing clutch... AT cant do that. Manumatic has delay. Putting car on D and just accelerating is NOT nearly as fun as having a clutch and doing it yourself. Besides 6MT has many advantages as REV limiter light and Default VLSD instead of having to pay for one. While driving hard, if you are in 4th gear, you can easily go to 2nd gear and YOU do it, not have the computer downshift for you, or you doing it with the Manumatic downshifting twice. Also... if you are going in 4th gear and want to break faster than just pushing break, you downshift to 2nd gear and release clutch slowly and engine helps you break in a more controlable way (using clutch) than Auto cars. The list goes on, but I think this is enough to proove my point.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sickone
MT is certainly at times more fun, of course it is also at times a lot les fun.

So depending on where you live, traffic, age, style, etc... pick what is right for you.

Ignore all the folks who think MT is the only way to go - twenty years ago I said the same thing... wasn't the first or last time I was wrong.

As far as the '05, I have had no issues of any kind - it has been great. I just rolled past 12k on mine (got it last week of Nov '04) so it has seen some miles, and I love it)
I very RARELY drive highway. I always have stoplights and traffic everywhere I go (therefore 10Miles to the gallon). This is the condition in which AT car should "bring more joy," but for me it doesnt. Also, I drive an 04 MT and the clutch is much much harder than the ones in the 05 so I would have had a problem with MT already. I much rather play with a PS2 controller than with an Atari one.

If you ever see reviews about cars, you'll see real drivers bashing Merc, AstonMartin, and others for their AUTO shifters. Tiff Nidell, for example, loves MT. I'd like to see someone change his mind about MT.

Old 04-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I could care less what people think of me me driving AT. I live in NYC and sit in traffic day in and day out. SO i just dont see the point of getting MT. When i sit in bumper to bumper gridlock going 15mph... MT or AT ... 15mph in traffic is still 15mph. For those 2 days on the weekend that I might not see traffic... MT is just not worth it. BESIDES... i have a bike with MT too keep me satisfied.

As i mentioned i have 03 5at and i think its great for everyday driving. Hopefully 05 will not dissapoint.

ONE QUESTION... does XM-radio comes included with 05 or do you have to pay for it right of the bat?

Last edited by myGspot; 04-27-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
No its not, you have to admit that shifting gears yourself is MUCH more fun. Shifting from 1st to 2nd, I can make wheels spin by revving high and then releasing clutch... AT cant do that. Manumatic has delay. Putting car on D and just accelerating is NOT nearly as fun as having a clutch and doing it yourself. Besides 6MT has many advantages as REV limiter light and Default VLSD instead of having to pay for one. While driving hard, if you are in 4th gear, you can easily go to 2nd gear and YOU do it, not have the computer downshift for you, or you doing it with the Manumatic downshifting twice. Also... if you are going in 4th gear and want to break faster than just pushing break, you downshift to 2nd gear and release clutch slowly and engine helps you break in a more controlable way (using clutch) than Auto cars. The list goes on, but I think this is enough to proove my point.
FYI you pay for VLSD on your MT, it's just not itemized like on the auto... oh and doesn't using your clutch like that just kill it faster? and don't let this thread turn into a MT vs AUTO thread, back on topic guys... we all have our reasons for liking one or the other so leave it at that...

So far only problem for me has been some grease on the windows... brought it to service but all they did was "clean grease off windows"... duh i could have done that myself... anyway no other problems except that the car runs out of gas every two days

Old 04-27-2005, 10:43 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
well... this thread has obviously gone off topic.

but yes.. your description of engine braking and slowing down is HORRIBLE for the clutch.. you're literally using your clutch as a brake pad...

if you want to slow down via means of down shifting you should always rev match to preserve the clutch.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:53 PM
so whats the deal with setelite radio... do you get it free for few months or no ?

Old 04-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by myGspot
so whats the deal with setelite radio... do you get it free for few months or no ?
Yes, 3 months free.

Back to topic, other than a few rattles here n there, and clutch chatter, no issues.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Enthuasiast
yeah, I can't stop lookin at it (6M) with those great lookin 19"s. I drive to work and as I walk in the office, I keep looking back. Wow, what a beautiful automobile. Drops those wet panties FO SHO !!!

Old 04-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2 problems:

1) CD player didnt play any of my disks
2) Power Steering went out, (KINDA my fault, but still shouldnt have broke)

Old 04-28-2005, 12:02 AM
i'm not really concerned with cd player because i'll be putting in a computer hopefully within a few months. This way i can elliminate the CDs and hassles of switching. PLus i think watching music videos is way cooler then listening to the sound alone.

I know on my 03 i noticed some uneven tire wear. Anything like this on the G?

Old 04-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln
The BOSE stereo resetting only happens if the bass/treble are set to the highest setting as a "protection" feature
Not true - I set mine at +3.

I get into the car, push Bass down a notch, and it's actually louder. Same on Treble.

Where is this "protection feature" information coming from?

Old 04-28-2005, 02:16 AM
Z2G
i had an 03 5at and traded up to a 05 6mt....god, i love it!!!! totally different driving experience. for me, no problems at all--no rattles, grease streaks, nothing. as far as the bose stereo problems setting to 0, apparently, it only occurs if you set both treble and bass at 5. honestly, i don't know why you would. i think the bose stereo sounds good at bass 3 and treble 4. the only downside...no more brembos....damn they look sweet

Old 04-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by mc2
well... this thread has obviously gone off topic.

but yes.. your description of engine braking and slowing down is HORRIBLE for the clutch.. you're literally using your clutch as a brake pad...

if you want to slow down via means of down shifting you should always rev match to preserve the clutch.
Thats how race drivers do it. Go to bbc website and email tiff needell. Ask him. Clutching like that makes the engine help you break. If you drive with clutch half pressed, yes, clutch gets burnt, but if you brake (no acceleration) this way, then it does not receive more punishment than a normal fast takeoff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Issues with 05 G's ?