G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Who Else Here has Compustar??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Cmon Son!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who Else Here has Compustar??

What do you think of the product so far?

I have a 05 G35 6MT coupe. I had the compustar put on about a week ago and there are two things that bother me or bring up a question.

first Q.. how does the manual remote start without pressing in the clutch?

Secondly.. the way it works for the MT is you have to put the car in neutral, pull up the hand brake, take the key out of the ignition and get out of the car closing the door which shuts the car off to enable the remote start mode. Sounds like a tedious chain of events, but my issue is I hate the sound the car makes when you shut it down without pushing the clutch in. I emailed compustar to see if this can be bypassed, but I doubt it.

The car sounds like an old POS if you have the clutch out when turning it off. This is most easily heard from the outside of the car on the drivers side.

I know this is more of a compaint fest for me. Sorry for that.

My last question is... If you turn of the car without clutching in, does it harm any components in any way?

I was taught to drive manual this way by shutting down with the clutch in and have been doing so for years. This is why I ask.

Thanks

Last edited by clokwork; 04-27-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most of your questions have been posted before. i had a compustar on my older vette. i told them not to install the remote starter. i refuse to leave my car parked in neutral.... that would be like leaving an automatic vehicle in neutral.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:57 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
how would that be like leaving an automatic vehicle in neutral when the hand brake is on??

a hand brake on a MT is much different than the hand brake on an AT....

Old 04-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Cmon Son!
Even though you have the remote starter, you dont have to use it. Thats a good part about it.

One thing I may need to go back for is the starter itself. Sometimes it seems like it is overchoking when it starts.

Old 04-27-2005, 12:30 PM
clokwork: the noise you hear when you turn the car off without pressing the clutch is perfectly normal. That's the nature of our transmission. While the car is in idle, pull your ebrake and leave it in neutral, open the door and stick your head underneath and you'll hear some cement mixer action down there, now sit in your car and press the clutch and you'll notice that it dissapears.

Old 04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Cmon Son!
I guess its just a "characteristic" of the car heh. thanks for that Chris.

Has anyone here used the PNP switch during the install of their remote starter??

I am willing to pay any proffessional who can rewire mine using that so that I can actually unlock my car doors and get in and out without having to reset the chain of events to remote start again.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by mc2
how would that be like leaving an automatic vehicle in neutral when the hand brake is on??

a hand brake on a MT is much different than the hand brake on an AT....
why is this?? the only difference i see is that the at has the lever at the foot level. i would assume the mechanics behind it are identical to the mt. my point is u shouldn't leave an mt car in neutral... always use 1st or reverse.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:21 PM
mc2
I'm not sure why exactly. But i do know that in the cars i have owned/driven in the past it is VERY easy to start driving in an AT with the e-brake up. So easy to the point sometimes you may not even notice it.

However, on an MT i've found it difficult to get the car going. I don't think i have ever driven around in an MT car with the ebrake up because when i try to start moving the car won't even move. But on AT sometimes it feels like the hand brake is not even applied.

Either way, i always leave my car in Neutral.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
mc2
Originally Posted by clokwork
I guess its just a "characteristic" of the car heh. thanks for that Chris.

Has anyone here used the PNP switch during the install of their remote starter??

I am willing to pay any proffessional who can rewire mine using that so that I can actually unlock my car doors and get in and out without having to reset the chain of events to remote start again.
this can definately be done, albeit illegal (at least in some states). But i'm sure you can find a shop to do it for you. You'll just have to be willing to pay a bit more for it.

Because in the event that you left the car in gear and auto start it, it's gonna start driving on it's own. I've seen it happen before.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Cmon Son!
youve seen it happen even though the PNP switch was used?

Old 04-27-2005, 05:48 PM
"I'm not sure why exactly. But i do know that in the cars i have owned/driven in the past it is VERY easy to start driving in an AT with the e-brake up. So easy to the point sometimes you may not even notice it. However, on an MT i've found it difficult to get the car going."

Wouldn't that be due to the ease of applying power in in the AT as opposed to the normal start in an MT where power is applied gradually as you let up the clutch? In other words, in a normal (not racing) start the AT may apply more power sooner, and overcome the brake more easily. Also, because of the gradual onset in the coupe you would probably figure it out sooner. I don't know if there is an actual difference in the brakes.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Cmon Son!
I am going to find out if I can have my remote starter wired so that it reads the PNP switch so that I can actually stop the car myself. that would make me feel a lot better.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Thumbs up

I had my CompuStar WSSR w/ remote start in both my 2001 Integra GSR and 02 Subaru WRX (both 5spd) with no problems. Just gotta be careful with when to use remote start - for example, I never used it when parking on steep hills, etc.

I just bought a G35, but I don't think I am going to transfer it over. I do miss the remote start capabilities

Old 04-28-2005, 10:51 AM
I'd be afraid that I'd leave my 6MT with remote start in someone elses hands (the inspection guy, for example), and something disastrous would happen.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Rayfield
I'd be afraid that I'd leave my 6MT with remote start in someone elses hands (the inspection guy, for example), and something disastrous would happen.
very true... could u imaging some grubby little kid getting a hold of your remote and start pushing all the buttons... oops!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who Else Here has Compustar??