G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 M3

Originally Posted by BoBByH
I'm thinking about leasing either M3 or G35.
Leasing a M3 comes up to 600~650 per month
and then 05' G35 fully loaded comes up to 550~600 per month.

Which one would you go for?
And btw, i'm 18, have a decent job, and will pay with my own money.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:08 AM
You need to drive some examples of these cars, and form your own opinions. I did a huge amount of reading when I was torn between a very slightly used 330i vs. the G35. The numbers, forum posts, and articles suggested very comparable cars. The test drives made it clear to me that the G35 suited my personality, driving habits, and performance expectations much better. Also, extended warranty or no, a used M3 could be a hassle for you if you have to spend a lot of time having it fixed.

Don't get me wrong; I love M3's. I just watnt to get my kids out of my house and a little more money in my pocket, so I can dedicate the energy and resources needed to a car like that.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:49 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trebien
At 18, I would seriously consider the different costs in insurance. Plus, a used 2-4 year old car will be going out of warranty soon - M3s aren't cheap to work on. Heck, even maintenance is not that cheap for an M3 - tires, rotors, pads, etc. Since you are leasing, not buying, you will not be building any equity (net worth) whatsoever, and in the end you will have nothing from all those payments. After 3 years of paying on a G35, you may actually have built up a little equity, not too mention, still have a warranty so you may decide to keep it another year or so... and build up even more equity. With interest rates so low, purchasing is a very attractive option over leasing in many cases. Research "gap insurance" for leasing and understand why you need it.

As for the extended warranty - it's only the engine, and I am not sure if it is transferrable from the original owner (to you) - make sure it is.

Also, granted the M3 is faster than the G35, but not by much. I was talking about this with a friend the other day. Compare a 3400 lb. M3 with 333HP and 262 torque, to a 3500 lb. G35 (6MT) with 298 HP and 260 torque. Add high flow cats, plenum, headers and you might be around 330 HP with 280 torque.
I also got an M3 and still kept my G sedan, honestly, if i had a car for the rest of my life, the M3 is it! It is just the most amazing car for everyday, track and performance levels! It gives me a thrill everytime getting into it, but i still love the G35...

And G35 coupes with full bolt ons my M3 still walks REAL hard from G coupes, many of my friends have them and are on this board, believe me! And i also beat a vortech G with nitrous at our last G35 meet on the way home, im bone stock Anyway dont get me wrong, youg uys know my credibility on this site, ive been here for ages and built my sedan up to a fast machine when it was in its prime!! But i had to move on and honestly dont regret it one bit, its jsut that insane of a car the M.. And especiallyw ith what imd oing now, iw ill have the sickest M3 on the east coast guarenteed with 550+ hp!!

What it all comes down to is practicality.. Think about your driving situations, insurance, expenses, winter and so on.. Gas? Dont worry about gas, it gets better mileage than the G35

Martin

Attached Thumbnails 2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-m3-mirror.jpeg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-s-floor.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-s3500087.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-s3500132.jpg  
Old 04-28-2005, 11:11 AM
^^^Very nice car. I'm envious.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Do not get 2003 BMW M3, there is a major recall such as Engine failure due rod bearing? Do the research and you'll find a lot of recall on BMW. Personally, BMW is great in performance, but I hate the interior. BMW hasn't change the interior for a very long time!! My sister owns 1994 BMW 840ci (8 Cylinders) and my brother owns 2002 BMW X5.... the interior material are exact the same! I'm glad I got the G35, more attention grabber than M3 :P

Old 04-28-2005, 11:20 AM
I love the M3 and it is beautiful. However, I am curious what conditions your stock M3 walked on a supercharged G35 with nitrous. Do you agree that this scenario would be quite an achievement and highly unlikely? As a G35 owner who prefers the M3, please explain to me how this is achieved. I respect you but I believe you may need to divulge a little more information. If what your saying is correct, we are looking at a supercharged G35 with 420RWHP and 360Ft Lbs Tq, not withstanding a 50hp squirt of nitrous and you are telling us your M3 walks away? Perhaps you meant your M3 gets blown away.

Originally Posted by iLLG35
I also got an M3 and still kept my G sedan, honestly, if i had a car for the rest of my life, the M3 is it! It is just the most amazing car for everyday, track and performance levels! It gives me a thrill everytime getting into it, but i still love the G35...

And G35 coupes with full bolt ons my M3 still walks REAL hard from G coupes, many of my friends have them and are on this board, believe me! And i also beat a vortech G with nitrous at our last G35 meet on the way home, im bone stock Anyway dont get me wrong, youg uys know my credibility on this site, ive been here for ages and built my sedan up to a fast machine when it was in its prime!! But i had to move on and honestly dont regret it one bit, its jsut that insane of a car the M.. And especiallyw ith what imd oing now, iw ill have the sickest M3 on the east coast guarenteed with 550+ hp!!

What it all comes down to is practicality.. Think about your driving situations, insurance, expenses, winter and so on.. Gas? Dont worry about gas, it gets better mileage than the G35

Martin

Old 04-28-2005, 11:22 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by Rayfield
^^^Very nice car. I'm envious.
Thankyou, here are a few more

Attached Thumbnails 2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-s.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-interior-side.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-m3-front-floor.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-interior-cf.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-s3500039.jpg  

Old 04-28-2005, 11:26 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by realdieu
I love the M3 and it is beautiful. However, I am curious what conditions your stock M3 walked on a supercharged G35 with nitrous. Do you agree that this scenario would be quite an achievement and highly unlikely? As a G35 owner who prefers the M3, please explain to me how this is achieved. I respect you but I believe you may need to divulge a little more information. If what your saying is correct, we are looking at a supercharged G35 with 420RWHP and 360Ft Lbs Tq, not withstanding a 50hp squirt of nitrous and you are telling us your M3 walks away? Perhaps you meant your M3 gets blown away.
Oh really, that's what yout hink haha! Well its been said from many, many people i got a factory freak or very strong M3 due tot he cars i have beaten and walked on, and i chill with my G35 peoples on a regular basis and they have witnessed it, and i think the vortech guy is on this forum, he just joined the Gsquad, he claimed he had 44RWHP and he did NOT use nitrous, sorry i didnt clarify that! He said it runs high 11's low 12's which was BS right there and its faster than his 11sec vette or w/e he had, so i was like hmm relaly lets see, as soon as we both got into first gear i knew ehn he would hit it and he took off a split second before i punched it, took me until mid second gear and his switch into 3rd for me to start pulling pretty hard, due to my tall gearing it just got worse, im not a liar and we even had a G35 dyno day with me, chuckg35 from here, diesel1 (Drew) and many other people, i couldnt even get a full dyno but still put down 267RWHP at 6500rpm and 8000 was my redline, the guy ont he bimmer boards said that like high 280 low 290 rwhp at redline which is insane for a stock M, most put down in low 270's to high 270's, like i said i also beat all of my friends M3's smg and 6spd's, acarrera 4's, sti's, evo's and 2 sc 330 CI's!!

Old 04-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Do not be angry young fellow. I love your vehicle. In fact, I saved a couple of your pictures on my hard drive. If you can, please post a full shot of the entire vehicle. Nevertheless, I listen and I read and sometimes the numbers simply do not add up. I can also understand that you misspoke, and your opponent did not have nitrous. However, I would be curious what Eagle1 would say about this. His vehicle in many respects is similar to the one you said you walked on. If you have a "special M3" that is great. I would trade in my G35 for an M3 any day or time of the week. Except for Sunday! However, you will be hard-pressed to find a majority that believes a properly tuned G35 Coupe 6MT with a properly tuned Vortec Supercharger pushing 400+RWHP and 360ft lb torque would succumb to any “stock” M3. That is not going to happen my friend. I am not saying you are embellishing, but your victory is a fluke of various elements and not representative of similar configurations.

Oh really, that's what yout hink haha! Well its been said from many, many people i got a factory freak or very strong M3 due tot he cars i have beaten and walked on, and i chill with my G35 peoples on a regular basis and they have witnessed it, and i think the vortech guy is on this forum, he just joined the Gsquad, he claimed he had 44RWHP and he did NOT use nitrous, sorry i didnt clarify that! He said it runs high 11's low 12's which was BS right there and its faster than his 11sec vette or w/e he had, so i was like hmm relaly lets see, as soon as we both got into first gear i knew ehn he would hit it and he took off a split second before i punched it, took me until mid second gear and his switch into 3rd for me to start pulling pretty hard, due to my tall gearing it just got worse, im not a liar and we even had a G35 dyno day with me, chuckg35 from here, diesel1 (Drew) and many other people, i couldnt even get a full dyno but still put down 267RWHP at 6500rpm and 8000 was my redline, the guy ont he bimmer boards said that like high 280 low 290 rwhp at redline which is insane for a stock M, most put down in low 270's to high 270's, like i said i also beat all of my friends M3's smg and 6spd's, acarrera 4's, sti's, evo's and 2 sc 330 CI's!!

Old 04-28-2005, 12:13 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Do not be angry young fellow. I love your vehicle. In fact, I saved a couple of your pictures on my hard drive. If you can, please post a full shot of the entire vehicle. Nevertheless, I listen and I read and sometimes the numbers simply do not add up. I can also understand that you misspoke, and your opponent did not have nitrous. However, I would be curious what Eagle1 would say about this. His vehicle in many respects is similar to the one you said you walked on. If you have a "special M3" that is great. I would trade in my G35 for an M3 any day or time of the week. Except for Sunday! However, you will be hard-pressed to find a majority that believes a properly tuned G35 Coupe 6MT with a properly tuned Vortec Supercharger pushing 400+RWHP and 360ft lb torque would succumb to any “stock” M3. That is not going to happen my friend. I am not saying you are embellishing, but your victory is a fluke of various elements and not representative of similar configurations.
Hey i can agree with what you are saying, and i am not one bit mad, believe me! I am a true car enthusiast as you are and many other people, and within a few weeks i will have a bottom end rebuild, cams, rods, pistona nd stage 3 sc going onto my car, im pushing for 500RWHP and with a stage 2 they pulled 450RWHP out of it, im doing a huge project with my car and will keep you updated, the stage 2 smg without a luianch pulled a 12.1 att he track on www.e46psi.com, im hoping to be somewher ein the 11's i cant wait, just waiting for my tire/wheel setup for the track and my new show rims, these CH's will be my road race tires with soem new pilot cup sports (R Compound)..

The guy has nitrous on his car, he did not use it during our run, and Eagle1? Im not sure who that is, this guys car is black, he was like wow man you must be low 12's or something, i just smiled and dint say anything, maybe its poorly tuned, maybe this and maybe that, but w/e! Im sure a real good tuned vortech or w/e will pull, but from my experience thats all i can say

Old 04-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Good conversation. What I do know is that I want your vehicle. Eagle1 is sort of a celebrity. He is most notable at freshalloy.com. I actually saw one of his posts earlier this morning. Anyway, he actually races his 2003 G35 on a regular basis. In fact, he has released cockpit videos of his races. He is extremely knowable and has a very seriously modified racer. He is an excellent resource when it comes to racing and tuning the G35. If you have a moment, give him a search on Freshalloy.com.

Do not forget the full car shot of your M3! BTW, this month’s Euro Tuner magazine has a cover special on an M3. Something like 500hp…

Hey i can agree with what you are saying, and i am not one bit mad, believe me! I am a true car enthusiast as you are and many other people, and within a few weeks i will have a bottom end rebuild, cams, rods, pistona nd stage 3 sc going onto my car, im pushing for 500RWHP and with a stage 2 they pulled 450RWHP out of it, im doing a huge project with my car and will keep you updated, the stage 2 smg without a luianch pulled a 12.1 att he track on www.e46psi.com, im hoping to be somewher ein the 11's i cant wait, just waiting for my tire/wheel setup for the track and my new show rims, these CH's will be my road race tires with soem new pilot cup sports (R Compound)..

The guy has nitrous on his car, he did not use it during our run, and Eagle1? Im not sure who that is, this guys car is black, he was like wow man you must be low 12's or something, i just smiled and dint say anything, maybe its poorly tuned, maybe this and maybe that, but w/e! Im sure a real good tuned vortech or w/e will pull, but from my experience thats all i can say

Old 04-28-2005, 12:33 PM
my friend has an 02 SMG M3. he ran a 13.6 @ 104 from what i remember. now the M3 is fast yes, but i must say from the outside atleast the stock exhaust sounds like ***.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:02 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Good conversation. What I do know is that I want your vehicle. Eagle1 is sort of a celebrity. He is most notable at freshalloy.com. I actually saw one of his posts earlier this morning. Anyway, he actually races his 2003 G35 on a regular basis. In fact, he has released cockpit videos of his races. He is extremely knowable and has a very seriously modified racer. He is an excellent resource when it comes to racing and tuning the G35. If you have a moment, give him a search on Freshalloy.com.

Do not forget the full car shot of your M3! BTW, this month’s Euro Tuner magazine has a cover special on an M3. Something like 500hp…
Haha the M3 ont he cover is my good friend John (From Jersey) which is his tag name on all of the forums and he just recruited me and my project into his huge European Car group Europrojekt'z, they do BIG things and i have 3 magazine photoshoots and deals that will be coming up within the next few months, and Eurotuner is one of them, John is hooking it up (Witht he blue M3,) he actually traded his M3 and some money to Kerry Getz who also lives in Jersey for a 996TT, hes a professional skateboarder, all of us are in Europrojekt'z and will be showing May 20th at SEMA which will be my frist big show of the season with my new work done, hopefully if my CF roof, CF GTR hood and full cf interior dorrs/panels and so on, its being imported

Anyway i'll look him up on freshalloy, he seems to be exactly like me with the modding, im cool and dont "brag" or talk shlt, but people have enver encountered certain situations with cars and dont realize that anything can happen ont he street, and i tol you my experience!! Here's a full size ficture of my whole car ig uess front and rear lol

Here are all of my pics http://www.worldisround.com/articles/131843/index.html
Martin

Attached Thumbnails 2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-m3-sky-2.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-s3500079.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-s3500110.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-m3-sky.jpg   2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35-s3500032.jpg  

Last edited by iLLG35; 04-28-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by WolfsterX
Do not get 2003 BMW M3, there is a major recall such as Engine failure due rod bearing? Do the research and you'll find a lot of recall on BMW. Personally, BMW is great in performance, but I hate the interior. BMW hasn't change the interior for a very long time!! My sister owns 1994 BMW 840ci (8 Cylinders) and my brother owns 2002 BMW X5.... the interior material are exact the same! I'm glad I got the G35, more attention grabber than M3 :P

All years up till 03 or 02?

Old 04-29-2005, 03:10 AM
There was a recall on my 2003.5 which was supposed to have the "good" bearings from the factory. 01's and 02's have had a previous recall for the same thing. So essentially, every year until 04 and 05 have had recalls for the connecting rod bearings issue. Maybe that's why 04's and 05's don't have the extended factory warranty.

Also, fyi, 03.5 is the first e46m3 with the LED tail lights. Supposedly, the 03.5 also had some other improvements over the 01's and 02's like revised ECU. Can't remember what else though.

Getting back to the orignal poster's question: I still say get the m3 if you can find a good condition one with low miles and all service receipts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35