G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2001~2003 BMW M3 or 2005 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 10:47 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I gotta call BS...

This is one i would have to see to believe.

But then, what the hell do i know.
Originally Posted by iLLG35
I also got an M3 and still kept my G sedan, honestly, if i had a car for the rest of my life, the M3 is it! It is just the most amazing car for everyday, track and performance levels! It gives me a thrill everytime getting into it, but i still love the G35...

And G35 coupes with full bolt ons my M3 still walks REAL hard from G coupes, many of my friends have them and are on this board, believe me! And i also beat a vortech G with nitrous at our last G35 meet on the way home, im bone stock Anyway dont get me wrong, youg uys know my credibility on this site, ive been here for ages and built my sedan up to a fast machine when it was in its prime!! But i had to move on and honestly dont regret it one bit, its jsut that insane of a car the M.. And especiallyw ith what imd oing now, iw ill have the sickest M3 on the east coast guarenteed with 550+ hp!!

What it all comes down to is practicality.. Think about your driving situations, insurance, expenses, winter and so on.. Gas? Dont worry about gas, it gets better mileage than the G35

Martin

Old 04-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like both. I'm a sucker for the tuned performance of the M but like how the G looks a lot more. At the end of the day I would probably go with the M since its a lease... that assumes the M is in perfect condition of course.

I also think that a stock M would not walk on a S/C'd G under normal circumstances..
Stock, the G puts down just as much torque as the M, although the M puts down 50-60hp more... so with a vortech S/C I think the G would walk on the M.

Anything can happen on the street though and who knows for sure what the other guy had and if it was working, so I dont doubt illG's story...

Old 04-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an 02 M3 before getting an 05 G35 6MT, and I had a 97 M3 before the 02 M3. Both M3's were great to drive. Never had a problem with the 97 M3, but the 02 M3 was a different story. It was in the shop 14 times over the first 2 1/2 years. Rod bearings replaced twice (requiring 2 more break in periods), drive by wire throttle replaced, blown amp replaced, blown speakers replaced, window motor, door seals twice, trunk handle, console and door panels replaced due to finish blistering and peeling off, etc- and that doesn't include routine maintenance. Look at the Roadfly website and you will see all of this is quite common on 01-03.5 M3's. Great fun to drive though. The G35 6MT has better interior, better stereo (believe it or not), brakes are as good as M3, handles as good, shifter is better, looks better IMO, almost as fast. Even with the preceding, I will probably strongly consider the V8 M3 due out in 07 or 08.

Old 04-29-2005, 01:48 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by tekknikal
I like both. I'm a sucker for the tuned performance of the M but like how the G looks a lot more. At the end of the day I would probably go with the M since its a lease... that assumes the M is in perfect condition of course.

I also think that a stock M would not walk on a S/C'd G under normal circumstances..
Stock, the G puts down just as much torque as the M, although the M puts down 50-60hp more... so with a vortech S/C I think the G would walk on the M.

Anything can happen on the street though and who knows for sure what the other guy had and if it was working, so I dont doubt illG's story...
Well his SC G sounded rela weird, like it might have been losing boost, it sounded like a vacuum and wasnt that quick! What's there not to believe, its not like i said on this street, over there and made it up, it was at our last April 14th Gsquad meet, check it out in the Gsquad section or NE, the guy is on this site but doesnt post, dont know his name on here either but i'll find outr, maybe he can chime in

And also, it doesnt matter how much torque this has to the M3, that has to the M3, its the whole engineering of the car to make it as quick and fast as it is, honestly.. Once you drive on you will understnad, it feels like 400 hp and 300+ lb ft of torque the way it pulls, the engineering and tlal gearing is just insane! Thats how it can go up against high HP cars and beat them or stay with them, like on a track the M3 CSL and M3 can outcorner a Modena on one of the best motoring videos and hold off a little lead, they are very quick cars, i have even seen an M3 take a Z06 from a dead stop in this video i have, and yes anything can happen on the street!

Old 04-29-2005, 02:27 PM
iLLG35 - I've let a lot of stuff slide by that you posted that was bordering on B.S. and I didn't comment, but now the B.S. factor has gotten too big and has gotta stop:
Originally Posted by iLLG35
Thats how it can go up against high HP cars and beat them or stay with them, like on a track the M3 CSL and M3 can outcorner a Modena on one of the best motoring videos and hold off a little lead
First off, a European-spec M3 CSL is a different animal from the regular M3. While it looks almost the same, the CSL takes the performance to a whole other level. I agree that a Euro spec CSL can hang with a 360 Modena on a road course, but not the regular M3 - not even close. Comparing an M3 CSL to a regular M3 is like comparing a G35 Coupe with a JDM Skyline GT-R - different animals.

they are very quick cars, i have even seen an M3 take a Z06 from a dead stop in this video i have, and yes anything can happen on the street!
I've got a video of a 1962 VW Beetle taking a Lamborghini Gallardo from a stop Street videos are meaningless.

I've raced an M3 in my Z06 several times, and it wasn't even close. Smoked the M3 every time, even when I drove like a retard with major wheel spin in 1st, and bumped into the rev limiter at the top of 2nd, and shifted like a granny. Still no contest. And this was when my Z06 was bone stock.

There's a big difference between an M3 that does the quarter mile in 13.6 seconds @ 105 MPH and a Z06 that does the quarter mile in 12.4 seconds @ 117 MPH.

Old 04-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original poster are you buying this car for the performance or the looks. Looks i'd go with g35. M3 is dated and it's just another 3 series cruising the streets. It cool how oyu guys all love the performance of cars, but if your on the street why care? I ride streetbikes to get my fix of speed.

But also at 18 i kno u want to impress ur friends with the class of car u have. Think about ur peers and which ones will really know much about ur car. Ones will know NEW price on a M3 is 50-60k. However no one will know the yr b/c ud have to be an enthusiast to know that much. The g35 will be hot,cost some money, but not as much.

By the way i'm only 22 so im not putting you down. My choice goes to the g35 new

Old 04-29-2005, 08:44 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by Z06ified
iLLG35 - I've let a lot of stuff slide by that you posted that was bordering on B.S. and I didn't comment, but now the B.S. factor has gotten too big and has gotta stop:

First off, a European-spec M3 CSL is a different animal from the regular M3. While it looks almost the same, the CSL takes the performance to a whole other level. I agree that a Euro spec CSL can hang with a 360 Modena on a road course, but not the regular M3 - not even close. Comparing an M3 CSL to a regular M3 is like comparing a G35 Coupe with a JDM Skyline GT-R - different animals.

I've got a video of a 1962 VW Beetle taking a Lamborghini Gallardo from a stop Street videos are meaningless.

I've raced an M3 in my Z06 several times, and it wasn't even close. Smoked the M3 every time, even when I drove like a retard with major wheel spin in 1st, and bumped into the rev limiter at the top of 2nd, and shifted like a granny. Still no contest. And this was when my Z06 was bone stock.

There's a big difference between an M3 that does the quarter mile in 13.6 seconds @ 105 MPH and a Z06 that does the quarter mile in 12.4 seconds @ 117 MPH.
Ok first of all let me clarify the "BS" you quote me on which happens to be 2 things, which one of them are a typo, sorry! I meant to just say the M3 CSL and not the M3 after that, i was showing its capability and the way the car is engineered is amazing, and you can't deny that!

Now, i said anything can happen on the street, and didnt believe the M3-Z06 video one bit, and the Z06 guy was spinning, now that was so sfull of BS? You acted like you were really trying to get at me for what, i didnt say the M3 will rip it, this and tha ti clearly said anything can happen on the street and gave a funny and odd example, and just to let you know, Lee Matthews a professional drag racer at Englishtown got a 12.7 in his stock M3 ont he track, and now with an Ecu, racing seats pullies and a differential he ran a 12.2, the cars driven right have alot of capability!!

So what else was BS, id idnt attack anything and said on the street anythign can happen for the 10th time, so what else was BS? Huh? I will make you into a believer real quick, im a man of my word and put up, i dont sit behind the computer and talk ****, when my cars done it iwll be running mid 11's GUARENTEED and mark my words!

Old 04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
an aside, is $550-600/mo lease a reasonable amount for a G35?