A real Skyline...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 12:02 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WRAH
"sales/service" your joking right?
well, it's gonna be better than your nissan dealer for sure.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't get the Skyline either but not because of the appearance.

I just don't think I can shift with my left hand..........

Old 05-01-2005, 12:25 AM
mrb
Originally Posted by mc2
Well.. from what i can gather.. all you care about is the name brand then? Essentially, you would rather wear a 100 dollar gucci t-shirt than a 2 dollar fruit of the loom t-shirt if they were both just plain white.

If nissan sold this car and it were exactly the same as it is now? I would have still bought it.. and honestly speaking, i think MOST people here would also. Only those that are attracted to name brands would not. But then that just becomes materialistic and superficial doesnt iT? Think about the number of people that rebadge their infinitis to skylines?

I would be buying it as well if all that was different was badging. I don't fall for marketing or any such bs. People that generally buy things to be better than everyone else are tools anyway. There is always someone richer, and no matter how much it hurts, no one is better than anyone else on this Earth depsite what you drive. You are going to end up 6 feet under like everyone else, like it or not

Americans are dumb enough to fall for marketing bs. A Lexus is still a Toyota, Acura a Honda, and so on. I could give 2 ***** about a different badge, the car is the same period. For most of the world this is the case.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by mrb
You are going to end up 6 feet under like everyone else, like it or not
Not me buddy... I'm staying above the dirt. I'm getting cremated!!!

I want my 1/2 my ashes mixed in a delicious dish to be served at my funeral reception to everyone in attendance.

I want the other 1/2 to be put in tiny little capsule necklaces to be given to each of the 40+ women I've been with.

I know, I'm a SiC FcK.

Last edited by BangBoogie; 05-01-2005 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:06 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you get that and how? Is it legal in the US?

Old 05-01-2005, 10:23 AM
It's funny b/c Skyline 350GT buyers in Japan often get their Nissan badge changed to Infiniti. Also some Japanese will pay extra to purposely buy the right handed re-imported version just to be different from the regular ones there. Same Sh*t different places. Grass is greener on the other side.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by mc2
Well.. from what i can gather.. all you care about is the name brand then? Essentially, you would rather wear a 100 dollar gucci t-shirt than a 2 dollar fruit of the loom t-shirt if they were both just plain white.

If nissan sold this car and it were exactly the same as it is now? I would have still bought it.. and honestly speaking, i think MOST people here would also. Only those that are attracted to name brands would not. But then that just becomes materialistic and superficial doesnt iT? Think about the number of people that rebadge their infinitis to skylines?
i agree 100%. after test-driving a 350Z, which is a GREAT car, i still wouldve gone for the G35/Skyline, no matter what it's called or badged.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Derzigster
I wouldn't get the Skyline either but not because of the appearance.

I just don't think I can shift with my left hand..........
Shifting with left or right really doesn't make a whole lot of difference, it's staying in the middle of the lane that takes a little getting use to.

Here's some pics of the interior, sorry cell phone cam. Pretty standard stuff, no Infiniti clock though.

Attached Thumbnails A real Skyline...-sh001.jpg   A real Skyline...-sh002.jpg  
Old 05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Thumbs up

If the car had the Nissian emblem, I would of still bought it. We all drive a Nissian. Just like Acura owners drive Honda's and Lexus owners drive Toyota's. Apreciate the car and not the name. Some people need to get over there high horse ego bull crap...... If the name was such a big deal maby those people should of bought the BMW 3 serious. YOU all now those cars we see In our rear view mirrors. I love my NISSAN and love the attention my NISSAN gets. More attention then high end cars at times. WHO ELSE loves there NISSAN G3G

GO NISSAN G35.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:04 PM
To the original poster: Nice car! Great color too I love how the Nissan badge looks with the indentation in the wheel.

To others: A name only means what it means in the context it is in. That is why people in Japan change their badges to Infiniti and we change ours to Skyline, and why the marketing works the way it does. I have personally seen this because my dad owns a German-built Chrysler 300M as his business car in Europe (Bulgaria-small country in Balkans), and EVERYONE stares at that thing like its an Enzo or something. A crowd gathers at every gas station and every parking lot. While here in the US the 300M is hardly noticed because its common and its American. So this name stuff is all relative. Personally I don't care if it says Nissan or Infiniti because I know its only marketing.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Omega Enthusiast
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln
Thank God for the Infiniti G35 USDM scheme because there is NO WAY I would have bought a Nissan Skyline 350 GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You already did. They're the same car with the exception of the badging and left hand drive....

Old 05-01-2005, 02:58 PM
suede

I love the suede`and leather seats in your skyline...nice touch

Old 05-01-2005, 04:15 PM
your interior looks nicer without the clock...big thumbs up!