G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lease prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My lease is 499 mo for 39 months.....car was 36600.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:17 PM
i was quoted around 450/month x48 for a 6MT with just prem package- 2K down. 700 is a ripp on a lease. the Owning price would almost be the same at that much per month. the problem is, that you signed the papers already.. so i don't know what to tell you...

Old 05-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by mc2
so? he signed a piece of paper saying he agreed to everything that was on it. because according to your train of thought that signature essentially means nothing.
You're an idiot.... by your train of thought, I could buy illegal drugs as long as the price was fair, and I signed for it. Prior to the sale, laws were broken, I assure you. He was conned! Understand that. And just so you know, its not my "train of thought" it's the history of law. A contract obtained under fraudulent/deceptive sales practices will not hold. Do some research.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:07 AM
definately a bad deal.
search on these boards and you will find ppl with much less on lease

bottomline:
if leasing your ball park should be $430 to 600 max.
and if financing $600 plus...

you will be better of going and taking a finance plan and owing the car in 48 to 60 months... and you will be paying less than what you are paying on your lease...

and what the hell is a rent charge!!!

Old 05-02-2005, 12:03 PM
man, i thought i got a bad deal when i got my 05 coupe(msrp 37400, 15k miles) for 2000 down 480/month for 48 month, they ripped you off even more. with no money down close to 800/ month u can lease an 05 m3. but like my friend told me, if u signed the deal, there is no reason for looking back and feeling regret about it, you might as well get you money's worth and go out and enjoy the car. in another word beat the sh*t out of the car.

Old 05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sales
You're an idiot.... by your train of thought, I could buy illegal drugs as long as the price was fair, and I signed for it. Prior to the sale, laws were broken, I assure you. He was conned! Understand that. And just so you know, its not my "train of thought" it's the history of law. A contract obtained under fraudulent/deceptive sales practices will not hold. Do some research.
And you're obviously horribly intelligent since I can tell you have the ability to carry on a decent conversation without calling someone an idiot because he doesnt think the same thing as you do. Sorry I posted my thoughts in this forum. I shouldn't try to disagree with somebody as smart and knowledgeable as you. ****ing jackass. Get off youre ****ing high horse and lick my ***** and stop thinking youre better and smarter than anybody you ****ing condescending *****.

And btw, buying drugs is illegal, buying car is not. So really, there's nothing wrong with my train of thought. If it were so easy everytime somebody signs a contract and decides they arent happy with the agreement they'll just back out.

Whatever though. I dont need to argue with a jackass like you who's not mature enough to have someone disagree with them without getting all pissy. Sorry I pushed your PMS over the edge.

Later.

Last edited by mc2; 05-02-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Banned
Wow man, i didnt lease a g35 but i think you should have gone over your paperwork and your options a little more before you decided you'd pay 780/mth on the car. This mysterious rent charge is crazy. In your own opinion would you say your a pretty easy guy who gets walked on alot? Im not just talking about cars but just in your life?

Old 05-02-2005, 03:47 PM
On the Brighter Side

Most Infiniti leases are closed end leases....honestly if you have the money to pay this monthly by 48 months you will be done paying off your car...At the end of the term you can keep the car and re sell it. By then you will have most of your car paid off and you can turn around and sell it.

Old 05-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Premier Member

Yikes, not one informed post amongst the lot of you. Are you really all car owners..what a laugh.

Old 05-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Britishbloke
Yikes, not one informed post amongst the lot of you. Are you really all car owners..what a laugh.

wow and your post seems every informative ..... seriosuly - what a laugh!

Old 05-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by ObsidianG
Most Infiniti leases are closed end leases....honestly if you have the money to pay this monthly by 48 months you will be done paying off your car...At the end of the term you can keep the car and re sell it. By then you will have most of your car paid off and you can turn around and sell it.
Not entirely true. The residual value of the vehicle + Turn-in/Payoff fee, is the "Balloon payment" due upon lease end if you opt to buy. The excessive rent charge paid and the financed "Service plan" is lost ($12,000).

Rent charge is basically the lease equivalent to loan interest. It's calculation is supposedly based on your "Money factor," which is specific to the lending institution, your credit rating, and certain parameters of the lease. Google "Money factor" to see how it relates to rent charge, as it's not nearly as intuitive as you would think. The calculations of course are seldom if ever written down. I can say that with a score of 780, you clearly got screwed on the rent charge. I would say that and the service plan accounts for most of the padding here. Check all your numbers very carefully. If they severely low-balled your back-end residual, Obsidian may be right, and you could re-coupe some of your vested equity in the end. A small consulation, but learn the lesson and be an informed consumer.

Given your numbers, I would look very seriously into "Gap" coverage on your insurance. You're going to be upside-down for most of your lease-term, and the only way to make this worse is to total the car and still have to make payments. Talk about "Ouch"

Old 05-02-2005, 05:21 PM
what dealership? what a CROOK!

Old 05-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Macgyver
Not entirely true. The residual value of the vehicle + Turn-in/Payoff fee, is the "Balloon payment" due upon lease end if you opt to buy. The excessive rent charge paid and the financed "Service plan" is lost ($12,000).

Rent charge is basically the lease equivalent to loan interest. It's calculation is supposedly based on your "Money factor," which is specific to the lending institution, your credit rating, and certain parameters of the lease. Google "Money factor" to see how it relates to rent charge, as it's not nearly as intuitive as you would think. The calculations of course are seldom if ever written down. I can say that with a score of 780, you clearly got screwed on the rent charge. I would say that and the service plan accounts for most of the padding here. Check all your numbers very carefully. If they severely low-balled your back-end residual, Obsidian may be right, and you could re-coupe some of your vested equity in the end. A small consulation, but learn the lesson and be an informed consumer.

Given your numbers, I would look very seriously into "Gap" coverage on your insurance. You're going to be upside-down for most of your lease-term, and the only way to make this worse is to total the car and still have to make payments. Talk about "Ouch"
correct. "rent charge" is equivalent to the interest... you pay for the ammount the car depreciates + the rent charge. sounds like they had an extremely high money factor in there.

i'm going to guess the salesman played the "how much can you afford each month" game when working up this deal.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Sorry man but that is a awful deal. First you should never, ever pay MSRP for the car. Second, never agree to add-on charges. For zero down and 48 months you should be paying no more than $560 per month especially with good credit.

Old 05-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by mc2
And you're obviously horribly intelligent since I can tell you have the ability to carry on a decent conversation without calling someone an idiot because he doesnt think the same thing as you do. Sorry I posted my thoughts in this forum. I shouldn't try to disagree with somebody as smart and knowledgeable as you. ****ing jackass. Get off youre ****ing high horse and lick my ***** and stop thinking youre better and smarter than anybody you ****ing condescending *****.

And btw, buying drugs is illegal, buying car is not. So really, there's nothing wrong with my train of thought. If it were so easy everytime somebody signs a contract and decides they arent happy with the agreement they'll just back out.

Whatever though. I dont need to argue with a jackass like you who's not mature enough to have someone disagree with them without getting all pissy. Sorry I pushed your PMS over the edge.

Later.
haha... I'm mature enough to argue with you, but keep up. Bring something to the table man. I mean, you chimed in with "he signed the paperwork -- too late now." Come on man, there's more to this thread than a guy who sucks at buying/leasing cars. He paid 53K for a G35! You're having a tough time seeing that, and I'm sorry for that. The rest of us who are participating in this thread see that this is something more than the weekly "Did I get a good deal" thread. You're the only one having a tough time seeing that the traditional "sorry, chalk it up, and love your car" response doesn't fit this time around.

Regardless...I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. If you had anything great to offer it probably would have came out already. Contracts are concrete if they are orginated properly -- nobody is arguing that. Given the facts -- something is serious wrong with this sale/lease, and I promise you that somewhere tonight, there is a salesman, sales manager, and finance manager that are going to lose sleep wondering if this one lease will ever catch up to them.

Take care.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lease prices