G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What the hell is that? (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I left town for business one week. The wife, who is usually very good at detailing, decided that she would clean up the G upon my return. She sprayed on some tire shine and forgot to clean the excess. It left the exact same spots as well as the same color streaks running down the rims.

I took it to the dealer and they confirmed it must have been the tire shine product. They replaced all four rims. (mine was much worse than the few spots you see above).

Since then I have never used a spray on shiner. I always use a sponge applicator. For the past year I've been using a Turtle Wax product and I just recently switched to Meguars (sp?).

I don't believe that there is anything that will get those stains out. I think its into the clear coat and eaten the finish.

You can always try to have them replaced as I did.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always use a sponge applicator and gel tire shine and I still had the same marks. Bothered me til no end! Speed - Ill do one better and test the $hit on my stockers that are in my garage and see if it takes it out! I'll bring it on the 15th too! If ya can, shoot me a PM a day or 2 prior so I remember!

Old 05-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get those spots all the time on the wheels on my Z, and they usually come right of with just a good scrubbin, if that doesnt work, try a little soap n water action. Good luck man!

Old 05-03-2005, 02:48 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guy. One thing is for sure: it doesn't come off with just plain scrubbing....

Originally Posted by Diesel1
I always use a sponge applicator and gel tire shine and I still had the same marks. Bothered me til no end! Speed - Ill do one better and test the $hit on my stockers that are in my garage and see if it takes it out! I'll bring it on the 15th too! If ya can, shoot me a PM a day or 2 prior so I remember!
Thanks bro,

I'll shoot you a PM (If I remember to do so myself...duh)

Last edited by Speedoholic; 05-03-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
oxanar, they replaced your wheels!?!?? wow, that's very generous of the dealership. You should have asked to buy them for a cheap price, since they're damaged

Old 05-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I suppose I should have. But I didn't want to press the issue anymore. They submitted the claim to a regional rep who then approved it. Prior to taking the car in to see what they could do about the wheels, I scoured the owners manual to ensure that there wasn't any language which stated things to the effect of do not use x type product on the titanium finish....

Infiniti of Raleigh is the dealership. They've always taken great care of me.