G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Does it help to buy at the end of the month - G35 Coupe 6MT???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it help to buy at the end of the month - G35 Coupe 6MT???

Does it help to try to deal at the end of the month for a G35 Coupe 6MT?

A lot of dealers in So Cali don't seem to want to deal.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Some friends told me the best time to buy ANY car from a dealer is the end of the month...new or used. Apparently dealers have quotas to fill and are willing to bargain at the end of the month...or so I was told.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
I got a dealed on April 30th for 500 above invoice.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't know if that really helps because I think every1 "knows" that and the dealers are catching on. Jus stay persistent with the price you want and they'll go lower cuz they really want to sell. No matter when the time of month really. Better at the end of year if anything. But who wants to wait that long????? I waited till the end of the month and couldn't really find a good deal until the following week which was the beginning of the next month. Emails are really helpful too. You really don't have to go to the dealership. Good Luck!!

Old 05-03-2005, 07:18 PM
thanks for the advice guys

Old 05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I know when I bought my car at the end of November in 04, my dealer was in a hassle to get as many cars bought and out the lot to beat other dealerships and quotas. I was able to get $1000 off the invoice for an 05. Yes the end of the year is the best time to get a car.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:50 PM
wow right now i am getting 850 over invoice.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:30 PM
all dealers have quotas, regardless of brand, and if they hit them they get a huge bonus from the manufacturers (sometimes as much as $30-50,000) so selling you a car below invoice is not unheard of at the end of the month . . .
also, go into a dealer within an hour of their closing time, they will be more likely to give you a bottom line figure so they can go home

tips from a car salesmen (i sell nissan, dodge, chrysler, mitsubishi) to help my fellow g35 owners

03 b on b 6mt - injen cai and ses

Old 05-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The period ends on 30th. Not 31st, but always 30th. You will get better deals if you walk in on that day ready to buy I, however, prefer to just deal online and make mutiple dealers compete with each other when I buy a new car. The deals just keeps getting better and better when you take a quote from one dealer to another... sometimes, even bogus quote work Just make them compete with each other and get the best deal. That would be the easiest way since you don't have to sit in the dealership and haggle for literaly hours.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Only if there is a high inventory at the dealership for the car and there is risk they will not be able to get rid of them before the end of the model year. Deals for high demand cars such as the G35C is difficult to come by but if you find the RIGHT dealership, you may be able to swing something. Remember, the car dealerships are all individually owned so deals you hear about in another city may not apply to your dealership.

My suggestion is to call around and or check online at the Infiniti web site and see who has the most inventory of G35C's and hit them up.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Fugaezi
My suggestion is to call around and or check online at the Infiniti web site and see who has the most inventory of G35C's and hit them up.
Very wise grasshoppa . . .
Here's another tip, a dealer's inventory is free for about 90 days, after that, the dealership has to start making payments on the car just like you and me . . . multiply that by how many cars the dealer has and you can see why they don't like to keep cars for long. so look for things that will tell you how long a car has been sitting (if you haven't been drooling over the same car for weeks ), like the production month and year on the vin sticker inside the door jam, how aged the price stickers look, etc, and you can score yourself a deal. Obviously this only works at dealers that have decent inventory . . .

Old 05-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it does, the more cares they sell per month, the better so towards the end they wanna sell real bad!

Old 05-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Rookie84
The period ends on 30th. Not 31st, but always 30th. You will get better deals if you walk in on that day ready to buy I, however, prefer to just deal online and make mutiple dealers compete with each other when I buy a new car. The deals just keeps getting better and better when you take a quote from one dealer to another... sometimes, even bogus quote work Just make them compete with each other and get the best deal. That would be the easiest way since you don't have to sit in the dealership and haggle for literaly hours.
I might have to take your advice and wait until the end may with cash/loan in hand. This emailing quotes back and forth is not working. Dealers are not budging past 1000 off MSRP.

Last edited by depechek; 05-07-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by depechek
I might have to take your advice and wait until the end may with cash/loan in hand. This emailing quotes back and forth is not working. Dealers are not budging past 1000 off MSRP.
I used to work in the auto industry. True that most dealers really want to push at month end to meet quotas, incentives and beat other dealers. However you might test the waters right now by naming your price and seeing who will bite. Tell them the first dealer that meets your price will get the deal. Make sure you are educated on their invoice cost first and then decide what you will pay over that. You can probably find someone willing to go $500-$1000 over invoice which is likely at least a grand less than what you've heard so far. If you do a search here you will be able to find a source for invoice pricing. (I'm not sure where it is in the US)
If no one bites you can always wait until month end if you want.

Good luck.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:23 PM
I got two local dealers bidding against each other. I think the winning sales rep basically needed it to get his 3rd sale for the day. Was at the end of the month.

I got it for $37 under invoice. I got the print out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does it help to buy at the end of the month - G35 Coupe 6MT???