G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas Mileage

Hi Guys,

First of all, I have read several threads regarding the poor gas mileage from some of the G35 coupe owners, and I already know that this car was never intended to be a fuel efficient vehicle, but the fuel consumption that I am seeing is much higher than what other people are seeing including those who have already complained. Now, I know the fuel economy given by Infiniti is probably the most efficient (ideal case) I'll ever see , but the numbers should more or less be in the same ballpark if you're driving conseratively. At first, I thought it was my heavy foot so I figured it would consume a lot less gas if I drove more conseratively so I tested it by doing a round trip 100km in total and all were highway kms. I drove as conserative as I could to see what the fuel economy would be and it still took almost 1/3 of my tank of gas! Even some of the G35 owners that I know who do 50/50 city and highway kms still get around 500kms to a tank, but Im seeing 350km to a tank with 80% city and 20% highway. I think I should still be hitting somewhere around 400kms to a tank. Does anyone know of any defects that may be attributed to an increase in fuel consumption?

Old 05-06-2005, 10:06 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by G35evolution
Hi Guys,

First of all, I have read several threads regarding the poor gas mileage from some of the G35 coupe owners, and I already know that this car was never intended to be a fuel efficient vehicle, but the fuel consumption that I am seeing is much higher than what other people are seeing including those who have already complained. Now, I know the fuel economy given by Infiniti is probably the most efficient (ideal case) I'll ever see , but the numbers should more or less be in the same ballpark if you're driving conseratively. At first, I thought it was my heavy foot so I figured it would consume a lot less gas if I drove more conseratively so I tested it by doing a round trip 100km in total and all were highway kms. I drove as conserative as I could to see what the fuel economy would be and it still took almost 1/3 of my tank of gas! Even some of the G35 owners that I know who do 50/50 city and highway kms still get around 500kms to a tank, but Im seeing 350km to a tank with 80% city and 20% highway. I think I should still be hitting somewhere around 400kms to a tank. Does anyone know of any defects that may be attributed to an increase in fuel consumption?
I think its poor b/c your in km mode and Infiniti are strictly built for miles.

Really though, the gas milage in my car is great on the highway. I drove to DC and on the PA turnpike was getting around 32mpg. In the city I avg. 20-22mpg

Old 05-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by WRAH
I think its poor b/c your in km mode and Infiniti are strictly built for miles.
lol
infiniti = nissan -> nissan is made in japan-> japanese use metric system -> metric system in japan -> japan makes nissan -> nissan = infiniti -> infiniti will work better with metric system

Old 05-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Been getting poor milage lately cause I have been having a heavy right foot lately. Even then I was already experiencing poor milage. Been getting less than 350 miles for a full tank of gas. I use to get 400 miles a tank.

Old 05-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gettaluvr
lol
infiniti = nissan -> nissan is made in japan-> japanese use metric system -> metric system in japan -> japan makes nissan -> nissan = infiniti -> infiniti will work better with metric system

love the proof

Hooman

Old 05-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gas mileage really depends on the driver, if granny smith drives the car, she'll prob get a lot better mileage than a true car enthusiast who is willing to take the car near redline, and go on high speed burns. I know it's hard, but drive your car easy and you'll notice a higher fuel efficency. A lead foot burns lots of gas.

Hooman

Old 05-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by gettaluvr
lol
haha that's some conversion factor that looks like stoichiometry...

I can get from 17mpg to 21mpg... depending how fast I'm driving.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35evolution
Hi Guys,

What is your exact mpg or litres/100k? How much are you putting in with each fill? If you're not checking these things you can't have any kind of accurate measure of your fuel efficiency, as the guage itself is not very accurate. Check this accurately for at least two tank fulls and then post with the results.
For reference my G averages between 20-22 mpg with 75/25% city/highway. On straight highway running about 110-120 km I get 30 mpg. (Canadian gallons) On a complete full tank to completely dry these work out to 538-593kms/tank city and 810kms/tank highway however I would have to allow at least 75 kms safety margin so as not to run out.