G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bmw owners taking shots at US.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M3's are nice rides, but Like my G...plus M3 drivers tend to be rich snobs with a bent outlook to life....

Old 05-11-2005, 01:02 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow you G owners are just as bad as the BMW guys, i own both and i posted in that E46 thread a while ago!! First of all, the M3 is a drivers car, something about ti intoxicates you when you get in, the thing is FAST and will SMOKE any stock, fully bolt on G35 coupe 6speed, hwo do i know? I still roll with all of the G35 peoples and am an original of the NY G Squad, i just needed somethign different, BTW last meet we had i also beat a vortech sc g35 coupe, my M is bone stock, yea! BUT i dfef. have a stronger M3 from the factory, dyno proves and and so on and i rip stock M3's, its crazy so i guess we cant compare mine to another..

They are 2 totally different cars guys, i ahte all of this bashing between both crowds, all i know is after my M3 is done in a week, iw ill be running mid 11's guarenteed at about 550crank HP, everyone sha'll see and yes its expensive BUT your in supercar territory and shltting on 996TT's with ease, oh wait, that wasnt necessary to say right, just as put 10k and you'll be smoking stupid M3's isnt either, i guess we will never get along, i own both, have respect for both and can only state my opinion, the M3 is the most perfect, everyday car and amazes me every tiem i get into it, i still love the G tho!

Old 05-11-2005, 01:24 PM
martin, how nice of you to post!!

Old 05-11-2005, 03:52 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by pdjafari
martin, how nice of you to post!!
Was that sarcastic??

Old 05-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gogo5
The way I see this is, everyones got some head up their asses.

First of you don't compare an M class BMW to a G35 thats like saying a Ferrari is faster then a Ford Taurus. (no ****)

The G35 will smoke the 330Ci no doubt (not by alot but will smoke it.)
The handeling of the BMW is better then the G's
The M series BM will Smoke the G35 eyes closed.

Btw the G35's cost a fraction of the beamer so def is a better buy for the buck.
On the other hand you will not get close to the Quality Name and Looks as of the BMW out of an Nissan car period.

Simply said for morons to understand, If you got a G35 with a turbo pulling 450hp and smoke a BMW M3..... well congratulations but the guy still got an M3 and you only have a G35. So safe the fuss.... .. ..
I don't really want to start something but last I remeber the track 350Z was equal to the 2004 M3 in handling and got equal times to the M3. That means the G35 would be at around 93% of the M3 track performace and possibly better than 330I from my understanding.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
With $60,000 i could.....

A) Buy a BMW M3, leave it stock (because all my $ is gone) and have a great car with lots of power, and cool styling. End result - Great car, but theres prally 5 others just like it at Starbucks every morning...

OR

B) Buy a G35 Coupe, add a Twin-Turbo, awesome 19 or 20 inch wheels, and still have 10 grand or so to style it any way i wanted (bodykit, paint, etc). End Result - Great car, totally custom and one-of-a-kind (not too mention fast as ballz) and will never see one like it. ever...

Thats my take....

And thats what I did....LOL

Thanks Guys

Old 05-11-2005, 09:57 PM
TW last meet we had i also beat a vortech sc g35 coupe
Anyone on this board?

Old 05-12-2005, 12:27 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by deadmanincbh
I don't really want to start something but last I remeber the track 350Z was equal to the 2004 M3 in handling and got equal times to the M3. That means the G35 would be at around 93% of the M3 track performace and possibly better than 330I from my understanding.
What in the *** are you talking about lol!! The hanlding was almost identical, yes! But the track Z barely hit 13's at a 13.9 and who knows if it could reall do it, the avg. driver definitely isnt getting that! The M3 si running low 13's and with an amazing driver such as pro driver Lee Matthew's he ran a 12.7 stock and now a 12.3 with differential, pullies and software with racing seat, i have videos also!

Old 05-12-2005, 12:29 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by Deang35c6
Anyone on this board?
And yes hes a member on this board, i forgot his name but he just joined up with Gsquad or not yet, he has 1 more meet to go i believe Hes a cool guy BUT something about hsi story was a little off! HE said he was running low 12's high 11's and its faster than his 11 sec vette, after he said my car is def low 12's without a doubt, i wa slike ummm, high 12's possibly low hell no! My car is a freak, i put down 268 RWHP on a half *** dyno with our own G35 peopel when we went and that was at 6500 rpm, redline is 8k and was climbing high, i would have been over 290, thats insane!

Old 05-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iLLG35
And yes hes a member on this board, i forgot his name but he just joined up with Gsquad or not yet, he has 1 more meet to go i believe Hes a cool guy BUT something about hsi story was a little off! HE said he was running low 12's high 11's and its faster than his 11 sec vette, after he said my car is def low 12's without a doubt, i wa slike ummm, high 12's possibly low hell no! My car is a freak, i put down 268 RWHP on a half *** dyno with our own G35 peopel when we went and that was at 6500 rpm, redline is 8k and was climbing high, i would have been over 290, thats insane!
Martin,

First, it's nice to see you back slumming with your old pals.

Second, I was under the impression that the M3 couldn't be properly dyno'd due to computer issues limiting revs or power or both, when the wheels weren't turning at the same rate. Is this the case?

Third, who is benefitting from your modded G35 these days?

Wayne

Old 05-12-2005, 12:33 PM
But I guarantee you that all of you in here could not afford an M3 thats why you went with the cheaper made in *** town option. No way In hell would i chose a Nissan over BMW they don't even compare the nissan should be compared to like Honda Ford or something in its category. BMW has style Luxury and quality something a china mans car will never archive.
HAHAHA! This comment is SO stupid!

If you want to compare where our cars are made, how about this...
Next time you go to the BMW parts counter, see where all the OEM products are made... China, India, etc.

You're driving the "China man's" car, buddy. It's only assembled in Germany. This is the major reason why German cars have declined in quality in recent years. You don't beleive me? Go read the box.

As for us not being able to afford an M3... please biatch! I just don't feel like pissing away my money on a high maintenance, low qualty car. If I wanted a car that will smoke the M3, I would have taken my 40K and bought a 6.0L Corvette!

You have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by mike552; 05-12-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Martin,

First, it's nice to see you back slumming with your old pals.

Second, I was under the impression that the M3 couldn't be properly dyno'd due to computer issues limiting revs or power or both, when the wheels weren't turning at the same rate. Is this the case?

Third, who is benefitting from your modded G35 these days?

Wayne
Wayne man im always around haha, this is still my home, just busy with class, work and etc.. How's everything with you?

You hit the nail on the head, that's why i couldnt get a full run in, we pulled out about 9 fuses also, still wouldnt work, it would cut the throttle and power off at 6500k RPM and wouldnt go anymore, sucked so much but i still put out alot at that point!

I still have the G35, drive it alot too man, i still love it But my M3 is gonna be my racecar pretty soon, i'll keep you updated.

Martin

Old 05-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Why are people knocking M3? M3 is an amazing car. I would have gotten one if I had the money. It's stupid to compare M3 and G35 because the price difference is about $20k, give or take few thousands. M3 HAS to be a better car than G35 seeing the price difference alone or BMW would be in deep trouble. M3 is a very different car from 330, and 330 is the car we should be comparing out G's to. We, as G owners might believe our Gs are better than 330, and 330 owners might feel their cars are superior. Both are good cars and each have own strong points.

Also, there is no point in modified G35 to M3 because that throws things out of proportion. If we start comparing modded cars, in the end, a person with more money wins. It is possible to make 600hp midship civic with enough money, so there is no point about arguing which car would be better whe modified.

Please, don't be like the few idiots from the BMW forum thread. The way things developed, I don't find this thread much different than BMW forum thread. Let's keep things clean and intelligent here. A true car enthusiast should be able to appreciate any car and its ability. Blindly believing one's car is better than everything and knocking other cars is just simply pitiful.

Last edited by Rookie84; 05-12-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:03 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by Rookie84
Why are people knocking M3? M3 is an amazing car. I would have gotten one if I had the money. It's stupid to compare M3 and G35 because the price difference is about $20k, give or take few thousands. M3 HAS to be a better car than G35 seeing the price difference alone or BMW would be in deep trouble. M3 is a very different car from 330, and 330 is the car we should be comparing out G's to. We, as G owners might believe our Gs are better than 330, and 330 owners might feel their cars are superior. Both are good cars and each have own strong points.

Also, there is no point in modified G35 to M3 because that throws things out of proportion. If we start comparing modded cars, in the end, a person with more money wins. It is possible to make 600hp midship civic with enough money, so there is no point about arguing which car would be better whe modified.

Please, don't be like the few idiots from the BMW forum thread. The way things developed, I don't find this thread much different than BMW forum thread. Let's keep things clean and intelligent here. A true car enthusiast should be able to appreciate any car and its ability. Blindly believing one's car is better than everything and knocking other cars is just simply pitiful.
Well said man! Honestly from someone who has both, well i have a sedan but drive a coupe whenever i want, i do have ot say there's a huge gap between the M3 and G35, like i cant lie and again its my opinion, all of my G friends will tell you the same thing man! The refinement, engineering and everything is like your in a different world, but each car has its ups and downs just like anything else in this world, correct?

I just want everyone to take the opportunity to go drive an M3 before talking all of the stuff they do, i bet 95% who talk bad about the car have never even been in one or driven one, i guarentee you it will make you smile, dont let the HP and low torque fool you, the thing feels like it has 400 hp man and im the biggest freak for power, that's why im doing what im doing to attain 500RWHP + and 600 +crank hp out of the M3 with reliability, does it need it? Of course not, but you know me

Old 05-12-2005, 05:14 PM
hahah, this is funny shat... i still think the G has way better lines and over all looks stock. any car will look good dump on fat wheels. but i still like the stock look of a G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Quick Reply: Bmw owners taking shots at US.