G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

whose G ??cant G beat s2k? vid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of you guys need to stop whining about this. So what if an S2000 is a bit faster if at all? Who seriously cares? Are you less of a person for not buying a car that was a tad bit faster? Is your dad ruined because someone on the road has something faster? If it's faster, great. If it's not, just as great.

These are just cars; there is no need to continuously whine about how this particular 'race' played out. Grow up.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by msd3075
All of you guys need to stop whining about this. So what if an S2000 is a bit faster if at all? Who seriously cares? Are you less of a person for not buying a car that was a tad bit faster? Is your dad ruined because someone on the road has something faster? If it's faster, great. If it's not, just as great.

These are just cars; there is no need to continuously whine about how this particular 'race' played out. Grow up.
msd3075 its a discussion forum.. We're simply discussing.. Im pretty sure that through the whole thread there were plenty of points brought up that showed the strengths and weaknesses of both cars.. It helps to educate people who don't know and brings to light the opinions of a lot of different people with different experiences. I think that it's actually great that we discuss things like this.. If there's whining, then so be it.. Have to take the good with the bad along with a grain of salt with any type of info or story you hear on the interweb.. Yes they are just cars.. But then again theres a few of us on the boards who love our cars..

Last edited by virland; 05-13-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by ted17
My friends 04 s2k dyno'd at 215 to the wheels and i pull on him by about a car an 1/2 from a 60 roll to 110. 14.4 was his best time never seen a s2k run under 14.3 before but i guess anything can happen.

But is the 05 that much quicker?
I have...13.8sec. It's a driver's race.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by ted17
My friends 04 s2k dyno'd at 215 to the wheels and i pull on him by about a car an 1/2 from a 60 roll to 110. 14.4 was his best time never seen a s2k run under 14.3 before but i guess anything can happen.

But is the 05 that much quicker?
I have...13.9sec. It's a driver's race.

Old 05-12-2005, 04:11 PM
It doesn't matter if they are a driver's race or not. You guys are comparing apples to oranges. One is a 2 seater sport car and one is a 5 seater sporty family sedan. I feel that the following camparisions make more sense:

1) Rear wheel drive, sporty family sedan
G35 vs Lexus IS300 vs BMW 3 series sedan

2) Rear wheel drive, 2 seater sports car.
S2000 vs Boxters S vs Z4.

If I am forced to compare them, I can summarize in one sentence.
The G35 handles like a pig/boat comparing to the "go cart like" S2000.

Last edited by yofool; 05-12-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by virland
msd3075 its a discussion forum.. We're simply discussing.. Im pretty sure that through the whole thread there were plenty of points brought up that showed the strengths and weaknesses of both cars.. It helps to educate people who don't know and brings to light the opinions of a lot of different people with different experiences. I think that it's actually great that we discuss things like this.. If there's whining, then so be it.. Have to take the good with the bad along with a grain of salt with any type of info or story you hear on the interweb.. Yes they are just cars.. But then again theres a few of us on the boards who love are cars..

I understand it's a 'discussion' forum, but that does not mean that every single person needs to try to state every reason why it wasn't a 'fair' race. All I'm asking is who really cares? If you want to discuss it, no one is stopping you. It's just when people start whining about all the little nitpicky things that could help the G35 not lose as bad, it really starts to sound desperate and borderline pathetic.

Old 05-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by msd3075
I understand it's a 'discussion' forum, but that does not mean that every single person needs to try to state every reason why it wasn't a 'fair' race. All I'm asking is who really cares? If you want to discuss it, no one is stopping you. It's just when people start whining about all the little nitpicky things that could help the G35 not lose as bad, it really starts to sound desperate and borderline pathetic.
^ I agree...1 race isan't the end of all...

Old 05-13-2005, 02:36 AM
uguys just admit it that s2k is simply faster car than G35c...
i used to have S2000 and no problems beating my friend's G35c all day long.. we both are talented drivers... but who cares.... G35 is nice luxury sports car.. it is just ridiculous comparing these two cars that are belonging to whole different category...

Old 05-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vtec 2 9k
uguys just admit it that s2k is simply faster car than G35c...
I would admit it if it were true. But the S2K I raced lost, and I won, fair and square. If I raced another S2k and lost, I really wouldn't care, because I know they're quick like the G35C is.

The bottom line is the cars are close in terms of acceleration. It is a driver's race mostly. To say the S2K is simply faster or the G35C is simply faster is completely wrong. They're very close, and all the instrumented tests of the cars with 0-60 and quarter mile times prove it.

The thing I don't like about the S2k is its peaky engine and narrow power band. Drive it perfect, or lose. The G35C is much more forgiving with gobs more torque, and a very broad powerband, handicapped only by its porky weight.

The thread started not to compare the cars and say which one is the better car - it was only comparing which one is faster in a straight line. A legitimate comparison.

Old 05-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Deang35c6
5rwhp can have more impact on a 2800 lb car than a 3400 lb car. Secondly, you put the cameraman in the G35.
Just like you said, the lighter car is going to benefit out of the 5whp over a heavier car. Just the same, if you put more weight on a car with a 2.2L motor which has no torque, as oppossed to a 3.5L motor with a lot of torque, the effects are going to be greater on the car with the smaller engine. Its all about power to weight ratio.

Originally Posted by Z06ified
I would admit it if it were true. But the S2K I raced lost, and I won, fair and square. If I raced another S2k and lost, I really wouldn't care, because I know they're quick like the G35C is.
Honestly, you need to get over it. Look at what you're saying and realize that you sound like a little kid defending his toy. Give it up! The S2000 is faster plain and simple. I had the choice of buying either car, but I ordered a G because in my opinion it's just a nicer car overall. And by the way, there is such thing as being in or out of VTEC. Drive a VTEC car, and you'll understand.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by yofool
It doesn't matter if they are a driver's race or not. You guys are comparing apples to oranges. One is a 2 seater sport car and one is a 5 seater sporty family sedan. I feel that the following camparisions make more sense:

1) Rear wheel drive, sporty family sedan
G35 vs Lexus IS300 vs BMW 3 series sedan

2) Rear wheel drive, 2 seater sports car.
S2000 vs Boxters S vs Z4.

If I am forced to compare them, I can summarize in one sentence.
The G35 handles like a pig/boat comparing to the "go cart like" S2000.

Are we talking about Sedans?

Old 05-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost99A4
Honestly, you need to get over it. Look at what you're saying and realize that you sound like a little kid defending his toy. Give it up! The S2000 is faster plain and simple. I had the choice of buying either car, but I ordered a G because in my opinion it's just a nicer car overall. And by the way, there is such thing as being in or out of VTEC. Drive a VTEC car, and you'll understand.
Im still waiting a S2k to pull on me at any speed anywhere. If you drive an s2k near stock i would love to prove your ignorant statement wrong.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
Im still waiting a S2k to pull on me at any speed anywhere. If you drive an s2k near stock i would love to prove your ignorant statement wrong.

Bro are you serious??!! Look at your 14.5 1/4 mile time in your sig...now compair that to my 13.7 (1st time at the track also) with my stock s2000, and please tell me something more intelligent then what you just said!!

S2000>G35 any, and every aspect of racing...out the hole, 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 60, and even + 60 the S2k is still faster (the G can hang pretty tight, but won't beat a good driver in the S2k)..How about auto X...hmm...do I even have to go there??!! The S2000 is closer to the 350Z!!! What make's you think the "less HP, and heavier" G will "beat" the S2000?!??!!!??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!? ?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Now once you start talking mod's for mod's I give the edge to the G, but were talking stock here.

Guy's!! I OWN BOTH CAR'S!!! The G35 is more of a "complete" car, while the "roadster" is more of a race car!! If you bought your G to race it, you should trade it back in! Get over it!

Old 05-14-2005, 11:08 PM
There is a Best Motoring Video involving an S2K and G35 as well as some other performance vehicles. The results were quite interesting- especially the very end. I wonder if anyone has a link.

Old 05-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Binpimpin77
Bro are you serious??!! Look at your 14.5 1/4 mile time in your sig...now compair that to my 13.7 (1st time at the track also) with my stock s2000, and please tell me something more intelligent then what you just said!!

S2000>G35 any, and every aspect of racing...out the hole, 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 60, and even + 60 the S2k is still faster (the G can hang pretty tight, but won't beat a good driver in the S2k)..How about auto X...hmm...do I even have to go there??!! The S2000 is closer to the 350Z!!! What make's you think the "less HP, and heavier" G will "beat" the S2000?!??!!!??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!? ?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Now once you start talking mod's for mod's I give the edge to the G, but were talking stock here.

Guy's!! I OWN BOTH CAR'S!!! The G35 is more of a "complete" car, while the "roadster" is more of a race car!! If you bought your G to race it, you should trade it back in! Get over it!
I couldn't have replied any better.... Well put.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: whose G ??cant G beat s2k? vid