G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My car got keyed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedhen
Can't my roomate be forced to pay for the lawyer's expense as well?

Like I said above, Judge Judy. No lawyer needed, just a change of underwear .

Old 05-11-2005, 12:48 AM
just repaint the car
does ur roommate has a car too? or something important to him?
BREAK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TORN IT APART !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2005, 12:49 AM
oh yea..youre probably right lol.. im taking business law currently, i still got a lot to learn lol... thats why i said hopefully someone else has a better knowledge of the law to help you out with this.. or maybe you could try e-mailing a professor from your college who teaches law to help out. it'd be nice if the tuition payments went to some good use, my professors are tools

Old 05-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Getting a lawyer is a bad idea. You might as well just pay for the repair. You'll save money in the end. Besides, small claims courts were designed for people to represent themselves.

This is what Washington state says about preparing for a small claims trail.

Preparing For The Trial

You can help yourself by being well prepared.

To prepare for the trial, collect all papers, photographs, receipts, estimates, canceled checks, or other documents that concern the case. It may be helpful to write down ahead of time the facts of the case in the order that they occurred. This will help you to organize your thoughts and to make a clear presentation of your story to the judge.

It is also a good idea to sit through a small claims court session before the date of your hearing. This will give you first-hand information about the way small claim cases are heard.

So, I've got to ask you, what are you going to say happened? That you had a fight with your roommate and later found your car keyed? And when he says, "I didn't do it", I guess you'll go home emptyhanded.

I'm more than twice your age and I've got more than a little sense in these matters. Please follow my advise. Ask your roommate in a non-confrontational way if there is any way he was involved in the keying. Let him deny it. (Maybe he's lying and maybe he's telling the truth.) Then talk to everyone that he confides in to find out if he has admitted to the crime. Find one such person and you might be able to take him to small claims court and win. But you'll probably need that person with you at the trial to make the claim stick. That's tough. Are you really up to that sort of episode. And after the trial, you're going to need to change living arrangements because you'll never be able to coexist under the same roof. And it goes on...

BTW, if you should get him to admit to the keying. I don't see how you'll have any problem asking him to pay for the repair.

Good luck.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
f*ck him up kid, he disrespected you and even if it wasn't him, give him a good whooping and put him in his place, or just f*ck some of his property up...i would suggest dropping him as a roommate, see if you can move out

Old 05-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heres what you do my friend. you go to your nearest supermarket VONS or whatever you pick up a nice sturdy cart and you ram the mother *$@*# into his car.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man all you guys are going wrong at this... All this talk about revenge, you are just gonna make it worse and having your car keyed is gonna be nothing compared to having your car sabotaged when you are driving.

Think smart.... Does the guy have friends?? If he does, try to make friends with his friends and you can probably find out from them if he did it. Or better yet, get him drunk, I mean really drunk! You guys are still in college which is beer camp right? Then do some smart talking and see if you can have him confess he did it... (A guy did this to me to find out that I did his girlfriend.... =P)

From that you can go forward... You can have him evicted from your room for harrassment and destruction of private property.

Old 05-15-2005, 05:41 AM
Get a new roommate.

Old 05-15-2005, 07:05 AM
Kick his A$$ and then do the same to his face!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by calejohnson
Your parents have spent the money. It's sitting "keyed" outside your dorm. They will never recover the money. Cars aren't like houses, you know. They depreciate and do so fast. I think you owe to your folks to do two things. Get the car repaired at your expense and get a parking garage to keep the G safe. Don't tell anyone where your car is garaged. It'll be your insurance. As far as the roommate goes, find a way to resolve your differences peacefully. You're not going to feel any better by resorting to violence and you can't get back what's been taken away (your G's virginity). Besides, you don't know which wacko did the keying, so just get on with your life. That's my advice.
I agree with this advice. The only thing I could add is find a new roommate as it will likely be hard to resolve this with the problems your current one has.
Don't do something for revenge you will regret later since right now you have no evidence on him.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:57 AM
SUD
Be the better man. You do not want to change who you are out of anger, and you do not want to risk college or your future doing something stupid in revenge. In 10 years time this will be all irrelevant. The fact that this is bothering you (the notion of revenge and not being a violent person) is a good clue as to who you are as a person. Never let anyone take this away from you. Material possessions are nothing compared to who you are as a person.

School would seem to be out soon, no? My advice is suck it up. Ignore your roommate till term ends. Fix the car AFTER term ends. Get a new roommate/new living conditions for next year/term. And be the better man.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Call him out on it and see what he has to say. Then after he says he didn't do it say you got proof he did and then se what happens. What is he really going to do and see how he responds.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:10 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear of that bro, but if you've got no proof then don't get messed up by him: He could charge you for assault.
If you're that suspicious of him, then it's time for a new room-mate.
C.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:40 PM
I hope you pay no attention to the people who are saying to get revenge and do the same thing back to him..

Not only is that just as bad as what he did to you (if not worse since someone with a G35 should know better), but then expect to see even worse damage to your car the next time around. Shattered windsheild, slashed tires, engine on fire

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car got keyed!