Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even The Cop Was Proud Of It!!!

Old 05-18-2005, 07:16 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by HOO-MAN?
I Win!!! I Got Caught Doing 113 In A 45 Mph On Balboa Hwy In San Diego...in My 2003.5 Sedan! Beat That! I Lost My Licence For 25 Days And Paid 550 To The Court Plus 175 To My Lawyer... Thats Right My Lawyer. Just Cause Im Crazy Doesnt Mean Im Stupid Enough To Defend Myself In Court! I Have Proof Too. Ill Post A Pic Of My Ticket If I Find It. Btw: Cop Loved It- He Even Made Me Raise My Hood. Asked Me Enthusiast Questions For 5 Minutes! He Told Me I Was The Fastest He Had Ever Pulled Over...2nd Fastest Was A Motorcycle At 107mph! Even Let Me Drive Away Since I Was Such A "nice Guy"!!! 2 Points On My Driving Record Though, Plus No Option To Go To Traffic School (misdemeanor)...
You Dont Have To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word You Know

Old 05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Clocked at 107 in a 35mph zone...

I know this doesn't really count because I am not YET a G35 owner. But I had to share it anyway since it was a speeding ticket racing a G35) This was posted last year in the Acura TL forum (great bunch of people over there). I still have the speeding ticket posted here on my office wall reminding me of my stupidity.

I figure I'd get one last run if possible out of the TL-S before I leave it to have the tranny replaced. So about 11p.m. last night I hop in the ride cruising for some victims. As I'm passing by Sonic Burgers I see a Desert Platinum G35 coupe with Brembo cross drilled brakes, nice wheels and cleared turn signals. At last, at last I think to myself, a "real" run. So I fly past him dipping in and out of traffic hoping he'd take the bait. Well he did! I see his HID's dipping in and out trying to catch me. I know he'd have the advantage from a complete stop and luckily all the lights down the strip are going green. So I slow up enough for him to get to about my passenger door and drop it in 2nd (what's left of it) and floor it, then shift to 3rd. It's amazing how this thing gets to red so quickly. Anyway, at each green I'm pulling as if I'm stringing him along. We go through 5 lights slowing at each one to catch the green or rolling stops until out of no where we see red and blue lights. We both pull over and I'm thinking to myself oh crap I'm going to jail. I am going to stinking jail! Then I realized I was saying those words out loud over and over again. I knew we were going ridiculous rates of speed but I refuse to lose the battle and it got me a ticket. So quickly I'm thinking should I start crying? No, that's hasn't worked since you had the Civic. Should I say he was chasing me and I was trying to get away? Then I thought, that's not fair. By then the cop walks up and I let the window down the first thing the cop said was ma'am, I've never clocked a female going 107mph in my life. What were you doing? "I said acting stupid!" He said "do you know this driver?" I said no. So I give him my info, he goes and gets the other drivers info and we sit for atleast 30 minutes. While two more cops show up, I'm like how many cops does it take to give two tickets? I'm looking at the guy in the G35, he's looking at me shaking his head, by then I'm smiling because he's really cute. I get my $307.00 ticket and a lecture on how he could take me jail, etc. I thank him, can you believe I said thank you? The other guy gets his ticket and the cops leave. Me and the G35 dude sit in the parking lot and talk for about 30 minutes. He was first pissed that he got his first ticket, and it being for getting beat by a girl driving a family car I told him I've been seeing him around town and wanted to give it a try. Then he says in amazement, "you set me up!" I said, yes I did and it cost me $307 freakin dollars! :'( He said it over and over "you baited me", "you set me up" I must admit I was taking pleasure in his words. I asked him if he really wanted to feel good about the ticket I'll race him one more time from a complete stop and he almost cursed me. His exact words were "I'm taking my black tail to bed!" I said yeah, you just got spanked by a family car, then I told him what I had blah, blah then the usual questions, how i got into racing, fixing up cars etc. As we're talking the cops roll back through the parking lot twice. So we leave, I go my way he goes his and as I'm headed home I pass two more cops one in McDonalds parking lot then a mile or so up the road in a bank parking lot. I think they thought we were going to run again. I've never been drunk, nor tizzy but I woke up this morning and reality hit me like a hang over, I got a freakin ticket. It hurts a little guys, I ain't even going to lie. I'm getting rid of the S/C, and the TL-S. I'm going to get a clunker for awhile, learn a little more self control then build another beast next summer. In the meantime my insurance is really going to suck! This was the last run in the TL-S. :'(

Guilt got the best of me on that run. But I will say, when I get the G, it is going to be S/C'd, there is nothing like the sound of that blowing whining at WOT. Truly intoxicating!

Old 05-18-2005, 11:15 AM
I had a radar/lazer detector (Solo S2) in my dogfight and all it did was tell me that I was dead because the cop nailed me using laser. He told me that they are picking out cars at night with the HID headlights......they know that cars with these types of headlights are usually performance cars and are more apt to be speeding. I spent an hour on the side of the interstate first being trained on how to use the laser gun and then playing with it. It is a pretty cool device. You view throught the site and place a red dot on the car that you want to track and once the trigger is pulled the gun will tell you the direction the car is going, its speed, and the distance that the car is from the gun. The officer asked me to sit in the drivers seat of his idling Crown Vic and with him leaning through the passenger window, he showed me how to spot cars in the outside rearview mirror on the driver's door and track their speed by placing the red dot on the laser gun's view finder on any of the cars in the mirror. His comment was, "we don't even have to get out of the car but it's like shootin' fish in a barrel, we can track the speed and then pursue." I still got a ticket but enjoyed the fact that he didn't haul me to jail and my car to the impound lot for exceeding the posted limit by almost 40 mph......I also found out some of their tactics and how the guns work. This is not my fastest ticket but I will admit that the entire experience has slowed me down in the G.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by jsan
I just wanted to know how many G drivers have speeding tickets. I personally just got one going 95mph. I know its hard for all of us to stay under the speed limit in our G's so lets start a speeding roll call, and see who has the "worst" one.
Got 2 speeding tickets within 2 months of each other. Frist on going 85mph in a 65mph zone and the other going 45mph in 35mph zone.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a clean record. I use to speed a lot on my previous WRX and Prelude, but
on this car I like to sit back and enjoy the torque and nice handling manners.

imho luxury cars don't look good when you speed. You can drive spiritedly without
breaking the law and still have fun while enjoying the eyes of envy from all
around you. hehe

Old 05-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can everyone please include the road you were caught speeding on?

I want to be sure to avoid those.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My last major ticket was in my '92 Acura Integra...

clocked going 105 on a 65...almost took me in. I was going a bit faster though thank good ness it was only clocked at 105. (going up to like 120 mph)

I was busted on the I-8 going east toward the city of El Cajon.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:45 PM
1. jsan 95mph
2. coolnesh 84mph
3. coolnesh 79mph
4. borahatch 91 mph
5. speedoholic 77 mph
6. jnkirk1974 75 mph
7. memphis 94 mph
8. drewzer 62 mph in a 40 mph
9. 104 in a 70 on Beeline 528
10. hoshtaylor 102 mph in a 65
11. hoshtaylor 86 mph in a 65

Old 05-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Head 'n Shoulders
i just got a ticket 2 weeks ago for going 73 in a 35 : /
I got cited for wreckless driving, switching lanes without signaling, and passing a car using the shoulder

Thats the 5th ticket I have gotten and by far, the worst. Luckily, i know a lawyer who writes off all my speeding tickets as parking tickets no points or anything

1. jsan 95mph
2. coolnesh 84mph
3. coolnesh 79mph
4. borahatch 91 mph
5. speedoholic 77 mph
6. jnkirk1974 75 mph
7. memphis 94 mph
12. omar 73 mph in a 35

Old 05-19-2005, 08:27 AM
I got one for 48 in a 35, then two days later I got one for 84 in a 55.
I had really bad luck that week lol

This was in my Maxima, I hope I dont get any if I get a G35 lol.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:30 AM
this was when i was under 18 in high school with my eclipse gsx 330am going home and this turbo civic wanna race with me and one of my friend. but i let them 2 race they went off for like 2 cars im like *** this full throttle on 2nd gear pass them 2 at 120 than a cop pull me over. wrote me down for racing , reckless driving, fail to yield, and 125 on a 45. then he ask me if i was trying to be fast and the furious. and he pull only me over the rest got away

Old 05-19-2005, 10:10 AM
1. jsan 95mph
2. coolnesh 84mph
3. coolnesh 79mph
4. borahatch 91 mph
5. speedoholic 77 mph
6. jnkirk1974 75 mph
7. memphis 94 mph
12. omar 73 mph in a 35
13. maddflasher 106mph

explain to me how i got removed off the list?

Old 05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
1. jsan 95mph
2. coolnesh 84mph
3. coolnesh 79mph
4. borahatch 91 mph
5. speedoholic 77 mph
6. jnkirk1974 75 mph
7. memphis 94 mph
12. omar 73 mph in a 35
13. maddflasher 106mph

explain to me how i got removed off the list?

Sorry...I think that was my fault...I thought I was viewing the entire thread...I guess there were 3 pages and I was at the end of the first page...my fault...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roll Call speeding tickets