G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Lowering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Lowering

im a newbie so i need lots of information!
imma start with lowering question.
if i wanna lower my G..
only thing i have to get is those springs (teins)?
or do i have to get the whole set ..which is camber and everything..?

if i only use springs to drop it.then later on, am i gonna have those feathering problems? or any suspension problems??

thanks.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by blackcode
im a newbie so i need lots of information!
imma start with lowering question.
if i wanna lower my G..
only thing i have to get is those springs (teins)?
or do i have to get the whole set ..which is camber and everything..?

if i only use springs to drop it.then later on, am i gonna have those feathering problems? or any suspension problems??

thanks.
Hello,

There's actually alot of options for lowering the G: http://www.intensepower.com/suspension5.html . We definetly sell Tein the most, however, and I think you will see people telling you the same thing. To lower the car, you just need aftermarket springs. When you lower a vehicle, you create negative camber. That means, that the contact patch on your tires wears more on the inside of your tire, instead of the majority of the flat surface of the tire tread. What this does is makes the tires wear faster, because the contact patch on the pavement is very narrow. Fortunately, there are a few products that are produced by quality manufacturers to aleviate this issue. First, for the front, you can go with Stillen: http://www.intensepower.com/stfrcaad35g3.html . Also, we don't have these on our site yet, but Cusco also makes the same product, but for alot less money: $425.00. We have 2 sets in stock actually. For the rear, you can go with either Stillen: http://www.intensepower.com/sostrecaad35.html . Or, JIC: http://www.intensepower.com/jicmaadrecal.html . I would venture to say, that while most G enthusiasts lower their cars (and some extremely) they don't buy any of these products to correct their negative camber. It's not a must, but it will save tire life. Also, alot of people out there are lowering their cars soo much, and going with wide 19" or 20" wheels, that there's not much to adjust. Meaning, when you that wide, and that low, you can only correct the negative camber so much before your tire hits the inside of the wheel well. Not to make this complicated. If you're just looking for springs, which is what most people get, then you shouldn't have any of those issues. I suggest Tein products, but any of the products we have on our website to lower your car are high quality. Hope this helps. Please call us if you have any questions.

Last edited by INTENSEPOWER; 05-18-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Gangster Member
If you lower just on springs, wont it wear out the shocks?

Old 05-19-2005, 12:34 AM
lower your car the right way.
buy a set of coilovers where the height adjustment is separate of the preload coil adjustment. then you can dial in the suspension damping and preload to suit the height variance. It costs a bit more money vs typical low end coilovers and coilover sleeves, but it's the RIGHT way to go on and about setting up your suspension. JIC and TEIN make good setups, but they dont float my boat. They're trendy in a sense, I dont really care much about them. I have a set of Silk Road:Section Spec RM/A8 coilovers. I havent installed them yet, but they have the qualities of a good coilover system, IMO better than TEIN and JIC. Check them out, www.silkroad-usa.com. If you wanna go overkill, go with Zeal Fucntion V6 Swift Coilovers

Last edited by 636Racer; 05-19-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:14 AM
The search button works great for this. There should be tons of info. My advice is to do your homework.

I'm dropped on HKS Hypermax RS Adjustable Coilovers. 350evo a-arms for the front camber. SPC toe bolts and Kinetix camber arms for the rear. I've got mine set kinda "soft" to preserve daily driveability. Looks great and handles great. Not the cheapest route, but the best for my purposes.

Lot's of people are going with Tein 350Z H-Techs and Tokico shocks. I used to have this setup, but didn't like the progressive spring in the front.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:16 AM
BTW Do your search in the Wheels, tires, suspension... forum.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Gangster Member
How do you guys like the Tein Flex Coilovers?

Old 05-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by TheGest
How do you guys like the Tein Flex Coilovers?
anybody?

Old 05-20-2005, 02:00 AM
If you get springs, then u gotta get shocks. Better off going with a coilover setup. And in most cases, you'll need to camber...

Old 05-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by DanielEshaghian
If you get springs, then u gotta get shocks. Better off going with a coilover setup. And in most cases, you'll need to camber...
good advice, would i need a camber kit with coilovers

Old 05-20-2005, 02:37 AM
the G35 coupe is already so low even with stock setup, is it gonna be better in ride and feel with the drop?

Old 05-20-2005, 02:38 AM
i have an acura TL and i have Apexi Coilovers

i have a 2.5 in drop and no camber kit, toe is perfect and camber is running -2.0

now the height is great, my front lip has 5.5in of clearance to the ground and seems fine with daily driving, although i did hit the bottom a few time

Old 05-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
anybody?
tein flex are great for track. they are compatible w/ edfc too. they're pretty stiff, however, w/ 12 kgf/mm spring rate front and rear. i know guys that ride these daily, but it's pretty rough, especially in the rear.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
good advice, would i need a camber kit with coilovers
technically, you should probably get camber adjusting products even with lowering springs. however, not many people do. they live with the advanced tire wear. with coilovers, you can manually adjust how high/low you want the car. therefore, if you are changing the height setting regularly, you will have to adjust the camber as well. hope this helps.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by samkws
the G35 coupe is already so low even with stock setup, is it gonna be better in ride and feel with the drop?
any of the professional lowering springs/coilovers have a stiffer spring rate over stock. therefore, you always lose a little bit of the comfort that you had in the stock springs. remember, the g is a luxury coupe. tein makes a line of coilovers called Comfort Spec (CS) that give you a conservative spring rate to start with, but offer full dampening adjustability too. therefore, for daily driving, if you set the coilover dampening on soft, it will retain a great ride. then, when you track the car, you can re-set them on a stiffer setting. the CS are also compatible with EDFC, so you can adjust dampening inside the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Lowering