G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help Me Prepare For Car Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Me Prepare For Car Show

What's up everyone, I have just entered my very first car show ever and I am putting my Coupe in. I have never entered a show before so I do not really know what I should do for preparation or what the judges look at. I know the car needs to be immaculate and have some nice performance stuff done. I have the looks and performance down, also the cleanliness it good. What else would everyone recommend to help me win this car show. I appreciate any advice.

Old 06-07-2003, 07:38 AM
Re: Help Me Prepare For Car Show

wassup kilrmy. What kind of car show is this? Is it a import car show?

I don't know how much work you've done to your car, but I can tell you how some have been judged that I've been to.

At a import car show they give you point accoringly to:
- oringinality
- Cleanliness (everything in sight needs to be clean, rims, rotors, undercarrage.... etc....)
- Modifications (wide body kit, how many exterior panels are modeified, stuff like z3 gills, mr2 side scoops, headlight and rear light conversions)
- Chrome (valve cover, radiator cap.....)
- sound system (customized trunk with neons and all that)

Honestly import shows are full of politics. Many of the people win on who they know. I've seen some pretty stock looking cars beat fully modded cars.

Just go for fun, bring a car duster to brush her down once in a while. Clean underneath the car really well, inside the rims, everywhere your hands can feel. Vaccum out the interior and condition the leather. If it's a night show, bring some lighting. Install some neons through out the interior to light it up. Make sure it's a clean install and no wires are showing. LOL you can pretend you have your PS2 installed in the car. They don't usually check to see if it works. Some people in my crew even went as far as making fake roll bars with PVC pipes wrapped with padding. It looked pretty real, but annoyingly stupid.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 06-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Re: Help Me Prepare For Car Show

I'm with Ova, just do the best you can on the whole car. And then go for fun, maybe bring some friends so they can commiserate or congratulate you. If you go your first time all serious, you'll be disappointed. There's a million things to do depending on the judges, the show, the others there, etc. It's too much to know on your first time so go for the fun of it.

BONDg35c