G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

adding more fuel to the fire... another Skyline GT-R post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for 70k I think I'll buy the 650hp corvette in 2008....I don't know know if it will have 650hp...but if 2006 already has 500hp...the year before was 400 hp....I can see a vette having atleast 600hp...and the price will be about 70k....will the gt-r make 600 hp....i doubt it.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, whatever Infiniti luxury car that you baby in the States is a nissan badged in Japan. So what makes the difference? To me, it is the SERVICE and REFINENESS.

1. Service: I feel that infiniti has better service. From loaner car to service department resting area to customer care, I feel that Infiniti is ranked higher class than nissan's dealorships.
2. Refineness: what I mean is the whole feel towards exterior, interior, and functionality aspects. Infiniti just feels more luxurious and has more available advanced automobile technology.

However, Hospitality in Japan is really emphasized. Our infiniti service guys are no comparison with their Nissan front desk pretty young ladies. (been there, great service)

As for refineness, Japan has a huge aftermarket as well as much various OEM or bundled options in making a nissan Infiniti-level like.

Facing the reality that I am in the States, I would think that it is more logical to mark GTR a infiniti due to the above two reasons. But of course, if some people would not mind driving a 30+k EVO or WRX with cheapy interior and absolutely no technology (sound system, navi, 8 way power seat, heated seat, etc) besides the engine itself, some people will pay 70+k for a GTR, no matter how cheapy it may look or feel inside.

If GTR is not meant to bring up the sales for auto market but more of a options for real racing enthusiasts and a symbol to prove the world Nissan's power and engineering, and the availability of GTR will be very limited (such as few hundred units a year in the states), then it makes sense to put a Nissan badge. Perhaps a Japanese pride thing?

Just my 2 cents.