G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Can you believe this luck!??!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Can you believe this luck!??!

Geez Louise,

My coupe got hit last week and its in the body shop. Its gonna be another week or so, estimated damage close to 6k. Its not that terrible cuz i'm gettin all new stuff for the front end, (clear bra, aftermarket rims, tires, free detail job inside and out). All body work no frame damage...So whatever i'm getting over that...

In the mean time they give me this 2005 chrysler 300M. Def not my coupe but whatever, it'll do. Not complaining....until last nite. I'm on the freeway and my rear tire friggin BLOWS OUT! like the side wall in 2 or 3 spots in the tire just flat out blew up on me! i didnt run over anything but it just exploded on the highway. i'm like you've GOT to be kidding. So now i get to pay for a new tire since obviously i'm gonna opt out of the additional insurance cuz i planned on keeping the car for like 2 weeks total...rrrrrgh. What a life lately.....

Anyone experience this with rentals? I think i'm gonna just put a crappy tire on there that isnt too expensive -- On there are 215/65/17 Goodyear Integrity's. There's only 3000 miles on the tires. I think i'm gonna shoot for an Aldi's brand tire or something......GRRRRR......watch out for me. I have a black cloud following me lately....

Old 06-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
That stinks...so is this something you are going to try to sneak by them? Do they know about it? Or did they say you could put whatever you want on it

Old 06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
eh yeah i mean i already called em and mentioned it happened. I looked up the tire on tire rack.com and it only runs like 58 bucks or something so its not our $200 eagle rs-a's or anything but geez, ya know?! still kinda frustrating. maybe i can find a used one somewhere. I dont think i should be obligated to put a brand new one on tho..so i still might just go that way with it....

Old 06-06-2005, 10:43 AM
If you paid by your credit card, chances are that your "platinum" card will have rental insurance included. Call your CC company and ask.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tha_kid
eh yeah i mean i already called em and mentioned it happened. I looked up the tire on tire rack.com and it only runs like 58 bucks or something so its not our $200 eagle rs-a's or anything but geez, ya know?! still kinda frustrating. maybe i can find a used one somewhere. I dont think i should be obligated to put a brand new one on tho..so i still might just go that way with it....
I remember you!! You seem to have a curse on you.

First, the rental company will not allow anyone put anything on their cars that they do not approve,
Second, they have insurance that covers it and you don't have to pay for anything.
Third, if they don't cover it, your insurance company will as your coverage rolls over to the rental.

But at the end of the day, if I were you, I'd be screaming at the rental company for giving you a new car with a faulty tire. You shouldn't have to pay for it.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:51 AM
???

I mean i opted out of the insurance thru Alamo rent a car, but you're saying that my Credit Card company offers rental insurance?? I paid with my platinum visa as a matter of fact...

Is that what you mean -- the CC company might offer it??

Old 06-06-2005, 10:54 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tha_kid
???

I mean i opted out of the insurance thru Alamo rent a car, but you're saying that my Credit Card company offers rental insurance?? I paid with my platinum visa as a matter of fact...

Is that what you mean -- the CC company might offer it??
If you used a "platinum" card, it usually comes with secondary insurance. However, you shouldn't have to pay for it because it was the rental companies fault for giving you bad tires.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:57 AM
hhaha chico, you better be careful even reading my posts!! I'm trouble! lol

you're not kidding about the bad luck lately -- i mean sheesh!! enough is enough...

Well yeah i mean i would think that would be fair -- having the alamo rental company pay for it, but the thing is that I signed to opt out for their protected insurance against flats, etc. So that might be the catch. Maybe i can get a hold of statefarm (their the ones that I am working with anyway) I wonder if they would be responsible since they are technically reimbursing for the car....that's not a bad idea.

I opted out cuz i mean really, its a 2005 with 3000 miles on it. And its a 300 Touring..like its not that bad of a car ya know? And i figured I'd only be having it for a week or 2 while mine is in the shop. what could happen ya know? Maybe I'll give statefarm a call about the whole thing. Alamo wasnt helpful and they said I would be treating it as my own car while driving, so if anything goes wrong its my fault...

Old 06-06-2005, 01:40 PM
If there is only 3k miles on the tire it should/could be under warranty. Contact a Good Year sales center or sears. May only pay for labor vs. the whole thing.