G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ouch!!!! Saw this on another board. Be careful....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch!!!! Saw this on another board. Be careful....

NW Harris County (Houston, Texas) - At 10:52pm, Cy-Fair Fire Department units were dispatched to an MVA with the reports of multiple entrapments at West Little York Road and the Sam Houston Toll Road.

First arriving District Chief #4 (Chief Adam Colley) assumed command, advised that there were multiple entrapments and that Houston Fire Department Engine 66 was on location. Houston Fire Department had also received reports of multiple entrapments and subsequently dispatched a full entrapment response.

The location of the accident is on the border of the two departments. Initial response from the Cy-Fair Fire Department was District Chief #4, Safety Officer #1, EMS Supervisor #33, Ambulance 1, Ambulance 5, Engine 6, Engine 10 and Rescue 5.

Numerous severe thunderstorms were passing through the area at the time of the accident.

There were at least 5 vehicles involved with one of the vehicles on top of two others. One pick-up truck struck a second truck and pushed it into three other vehicles.

The second truck came to rest on top of the first truck and a small passenger car.

Four people were trapped in the vehicles. The last patient was extricated by 11:31pm with all units being clear of the scene by 11:52pm. There were 8 patients transported to various hospitals by ambulance: Cy-Fair Fire Department Ambulance 5 transported 2 and Ambulance1 transported 1, Houston Fire Department Medic 96 transported 3 and Medic 50 transported 2.

The cause of the accident was still under investigation as the last Fire Department units were clearing the scene.

The Back

The Front

Last edited by coupin827; 06-08-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Gangster Member
eesshh hopefully everybody is going to be aight, damn slippery roads

Old 06-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Holy ****..! What a waste of a nice car. Looks like its totaled. I hope all the drivers and passengers involved in that accident are ok.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Mother (even tho im not living at home lol) Would so not let me drive this car if she saw these photos... I Think we all know (esp. us in south florida lately) that G35 Do not handle well in rain.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But look at the carriage portion of the G...flawless, absolutely flawless.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Love Poker!!!
hope everybody is ok, time to get a new G from insurance

Old 06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
hey thats sorta close to where i used to live when i was in htown

Old 06-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Woah! Quick question, that seems to not have been his fault at all...

Question is, if you get hit and the guy runs away leaving you spinning and colliding to a wall... totalling your car... supposedly, your insurance covers your car right? But does your premium go up (not your fault)?

Last edited by G35_coupe_6MT; 06-08-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
WRAH
Mine handles great in the rain!!!

Old 06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Insurance does cover this, you pay deductable. That is if you have FULL COVERAGE.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
Woah! Quick question, that seems to not have been his fault at all...

Question is, if you get hit and the guy runs away leaving you spinning and colliding to a wall... totalling your car... supposedly, your ensurance covers your car right? But does your premium go up (not your fault)?
Depends on state law, but it would be reasonable that an accident that is not your fault can not be charged against you. Insurance premiums are based on the level of risk you provide. In short the chances of you having a loss(in the case of collision and liability also the chance of you being at fault in one). In California, you are charged with the accident if you are 51% or more at fault and there are $750 in property damage or any injuries. Can't say how driving records are affected by accidents in other states.

As far as who is at fault in this one, those photos are not indicative of anything. It really only shows how the cars ended up. The real question is how they got there...

Old 06-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
From the photos, it looks like the passenger cabin is still OK. I think they made the roof rails very strong to help w/ crash protection.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Insurance does cover this, you pay deductable. That is if you have FULL COVERAGE.
While this really has little to do with the thread, I'll say this only because I see it alot. "FULL COVERAGE" does not mean anything. In the industry, there is no definition of this. It is totally open to interpretation. If you are buying insurance, be weary of using the term and be even more weary of agents and companies who use the term. You need to look at each type of coverage you purchase line by line. There are actually a lot of coverages you can purchase but few people even know exists. And most people won't need all of them. By my logic full coverage if anything would include every possible coverage. However, many agents may assume you are only looking for Comprehensive, Collision and Liability Coverages when you mention Full Coverage. This may leave out common coverages such as rental, medical payments/PIP, Uninsured motorists BI/PD. It's disturbing how many people don't realize they don't have many coverages they would have liked to pay for until they have a loss. Personally, I despise the term as a result and try to make it a point to make sure people understand this anytime it comes up.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Hmm, I always thought of Full Coverage as being refered to coverage (total) for the car.

I don't know how Florida law is, but I suppose you cant be held responsible if someone does what I said in the story above.

As for the accident looking like its not the G's fault, my reason for that is that it seems one picukp hit the other which made it spin and it landed over the G.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by CKwik
While this really has little to do with the thread, I'll say this only because I see it alot.

This has everything to do with this thread, as it relates to it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ouch!!!! Saw this on another board. Be careful....