G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

1st experience with Intense Motorsports...disappointed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 09:03 PM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I have bought a few parts for my IS300 from I-M Racing, I think I got my TRD sway bars and my intake their. Maybe my HKS exhaust. Never had any problems.

Now I just bought 4 toyo tires from a company called edgeracing about a month ago. Two days ago I found one wasnt truly round, so I called them and they were very nice to let me purchase a new one and let me send the old one back at their expense and credit my card in full. I thought that was very fair.

Its not exactly clear what XCELR8 wanted out of the deal. I think a small accomidation should take place if he wants to keep it. If he wants to send it back then it should be credited and he should have the choice to either get the money back or a new part of his choice, which is what Intense stated.

So depending on what XCELR8 wants to do with the part he has, both him and Intense both have valid reasons. Both the company and XCELR8 seem to be nice ppl, Im sure it can all get worked out peacefull if both parties handle te situation in a mature manner.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 PM
I work for an internet store,
we get customers like this all the time.
Do we realy care if the product is defective or damaged, NO!
You have the choices to send them back for warranty, replacement or refund.
You can also contact the manufacturer to trouble shoot.
But free compensation? partial credit? HA!
You are lucky IM is offering call tag.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've never bought anything from Intense but called them today to inquire about the WALD kit and they took their time in answering all my questions. I didn't feet rushed or just like another call to them.

For them to take the time to type such a long and detailed explanation as to what happened says to me they care about their image in the marketplace, and will do whatever they can to resolve any issues fairly.

Old 06-10-2005, 11:19 AM
hey sundeviljay, wats top secrets reputation about? i wanted to order some stuff from them but now since u mentioned a bad rep im not to sure.

Old 06-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's nice to hear both sides, and I'm glad that Intense Motorsports has replied here, but it was hardly needed for me to determine where the problem is.

A manufacturing mistake with a product is always the manufacturer's responsibility/liability. Sure, you may see some vendors go above and beyond for the sake of good PR, but that's only going to happen if the concession isn't costing them much. Likewise, they may only be inclined to make such a concession if the customer has acted in a way that makes them want to do so. If they were Wal-Mart, I might expect them to go above and beyond for PR reasons... ...but these guys are like me, small business owners trying to make it.

The problem with the part rests with Greddy, while the problem with the vendor service really rests with the customer. This is not only a matter of a production mistake with the product, but it is also a matter of the customer not knowing or caring about how things work. He seemed pretty intent on crying foul just because things don't work the way he would like them to.

It sucks, but the calls and disatisfaction still need to be directed at the manufacturer. Don't give me this "don't you stand behind what you sell?" BS either, because hardly a single one of us here would take responsibility and pay for someone else's mistake.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
No other option other than "I didn't make it, we'll call tag it" was offered. Nothing. Offer to keep my monies on file for an alternative product as stated here https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...7&page=2&pp=15 was not offered either. I'm more disappointed about the shortness and way they acted (like I was wasting their time) more than the stupid panel. But whatever... just another case of he said one thing and he said another. What do I know, I'm just some hick from Indiana speaking out against a site sponsor from out west. Like I was going to get anywhere with this anyway.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
It's nice to hear both sides, and I'm glad that Intense Motorsports has replied here, but it was hardly needed for me to determine where the problem is.

A manufacturing mistake with a product is always the manufacturer's responsibility/liability. Sure, you may see some vendors go above and beyond for the sake of good PR, but that's only going to happen if the concession isn't costing them much. Likewise, they may only be inclined to make such a concession if the customer has acted in a way that makes them want to do so. If they were Wal-Mart, I might expect them to go above and beyond for PR reasons... ...but these guys are like me, small business owners trying to make it.

The problem with the part rests with Greddy, while the problem with the vendor service really rests with the customer. This is not only a matter of a production mistake with the product, but it is also a matter of the customer not knowing or caring about how things work. He seemed pretty intent on crying foul just because things don't work the way he would like them to.

It sucks, but the calls and disatisfaction still need to be directed at the manufacturer. Don't give me this "don't you stand behind what you sell?" BS either, because hardly a single one of us here would take responsibility and pay for someone else's mistake.
not 100% sure what u meant with your statement but... are u then saying that after i purchase a product from say a distrubtor or retailer... if the product is no good i should address the manufacturer??? that's just plain silly. why don't i just go straight to the manufacturer and skip all the bull-crap in the first place. that's like saying the next time i buy a product from best buy and i'm missing a cable or something i need to get a hold of say sony and rectify the problem. good luck with that. i work for a manufacturing company and we take great responsibility and pride for our products, but i expect our customers to handle all problems through the proper channels such as our distributors and retailers. that's what they're there for. besides, most problems are due to our distributors actions and not our own products. also, your comment about not standing behind what u sell... just listening to that statement speaks volumes as far as what kind of customer support i expect from a company. if u don't give a crap about your products, then why sell them in the first place (unless your somewhere in nyc selling panaosonics and fake gucci's... or better yet, next time i have a problem with a component on my car i'll ask infiniti for the manufacturer's number and contact them to fix it)?? as for the topic at hand... i think that intense did the right thing by offering the credit back, what more would one expect? i'm not trying to flame anyone... i'm just having some difficulty understanding what your saying in your above post.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Infiniti is the manufacturer of your car, so regardless if one of the components that they use is made by them or not, they are still responsible for the production of the finished product. That's why I didn't suggest that the problem be taken to the metal supplier that Greddy/SP used.

Sure, a vendor is usually the liason between the manufacturer and a supplier, but the vendor is going to look to the manufacturer to rectify the problem, be it with new items or through reimbursement of any refunds that had to be given out by the vendor. If the manufacturer has not yet given any indication of how they are going to rectiffy the problem, why would you expect the vendor to start issuing refunds or promissing a new part? It's not the vendor's cost to eat. A big corporation is one thing, but extra expenses like this can really affect a small biz.

Look at nearly any box for nearly any item that you can buy at Wal-Mart and you will find the Manufacturer's warranty... ...which instructs you that claims for a faulty product, etc. should be directed to the manufacturer of the product in question. While Wal-Mart will gladly take your return/exchange and then work out the details for itself, that's a level of customer service that they can afford to provide. Yet, they are still not required to provide such a service.

I'm going out on a limb here and suggesting that IM doesn't enjoy the financial reserves that Wal-Mart does. It may not be feasible for them to take over some of the responsibility of the customer, no matter how good of customer service it is considered.

If a manufacturer sells directly to the public, why not buy fromm them directly? If they don't then you have no choice. But that certainly doesn't indemnify them from their manufacturer's liability and responsibility. If the vendor is going to offer to handle all returns as part of their service, great. If not, then your recourse is simply not through them because they are not going to offer that sort of service.

What I'm saying is really not far from what you are saying. IM did the right thing within their ability or choice of options. From that point, the customer is wrong for pursuing anything above and beyond what the vendor is willing to do, as their ultimate recourse is with the manufacturer.

Yes, I'd expect a vendor to help me out with something like this as they are likely to be better equiped to do so. But if they can't or won't, for whatever reason, then you go to the source of the problem.

Being a small biz has it's disadvatages, one of which is the inability to float costs. If they have no way of knowing if they will be reimbursed for any measures they take to rectify the problem, then they might be reluctant to obligate themselves to shouldering the cost of someone else's mistake.

Bottom line, if the vendor won't resolve the problem for you then you need to contact the manufacturer. I'd be a little dissapointed in the lack of help as well, but if you see that's the case then move on with your attempt to get the responsible party to correct the problem. Don't continue to angle for something free or a discount on some other ****.

What's the problem in contacting the manufacturer anyway? You're more likely to get some sort of extra compensation from them than you are from a vendor.

Not trying to start any fights here either. I'm just pointing out that, bad customer service or not, IM gave their stand on this. It might not be the best PR move for them... ...it might be the best business move for them... ...but regardless you know where they stand. At that point, you know you're on your own so just get on the phone with the manufacturer to rectify the problem.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
Bottom line, if the vendor won't resolve the problem for you then you need to contact the manufacturer.
Had already called Greddy and they said they couldn't help cause it wasn't bought from them.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:48 PM
I dont agree with having to go to the manufacturer. Most items we buy have a 14 day, 30 day, 60, 90 day warranty from the reseller. And as an act of obtaining customer's 'trust' resellers offer these warranties. After that time period those items normally have a 'manufacturer warranty' which extends to usually 1 year, 2 years etc and at THAT point I understand why you would have to go to the product maker/developer/manufacturer.

Good luck trying to get into contact w/ Greddy, Im sure they have nothing better to do than hear about a $60 panel which has a logo stamped incorrectly!! The manufacturer's (if they even take calls from the 'end user' or customer) will usually will ask how long ago you purchased the product and send u back to the reseller which will leave you in an endless loop between the manuf. and the reseller. Its as if u bought ur Infiniti from X dealership and after 2 weeks your steering wheel falls off and X dealership says its out of there hands and directs your problem to infiniti HQ. That would **** me off b/c I bought the thing from X dealership therefore X dealership is responsible to make sure the item is NOT defective, UNLESS its used or second hand. Not here to argue/fight or any of that just wanted to make a point. I think IM has done alot from the cust. serv. standpoint based on what they posted. But at the same time I feel XLR8's frustration and I have been in his shoes and know you feel helpless at times when your in this situation. Hopefully with some time and effort a resolution come about. But based on my previous encounters with IM and things Ive read/heard I wouldnt worry about it, they seem to care about their customers so hopefully it'll all work out for the best!!

Just my .02

Last edited by pdjafari; 06-10-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Wow terrible service.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by XCELR8
Had already called Greddy and they said they couldn't help cause it wasn't bought from them.

Wait, you called GReddy and they said they couldn't help cuz you didn't buy it from them? I don't get it. When I owned Southwest Autoworks for 5 years, we were a direct dealer with GReddy, and never ONCE did GReddy turn down a manufacturing mistake or warranty issue. They don't sell direct to customers, so this sentence makes no sense. Either way, I believe that Intense acted/reacted correctly.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Believe what you want (no one believes anything I've said up to this point anyway) but I did call Greddy and they said I would have to work thru the people I bought it from (which is fine) and to next time buy from SP Eng, then gave me their phone number.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Just call GReddy and ask to speak to Quincy Nguyen. Tell him you were referred to him by Alex Jovicich who used to own Southwest Autoworks/Sport Compact Only in Phoenix.

Old 06-10-2005, 05:03 PM
XCELR8- I think it sucks what you are having to go through, there is nothing worse than ordering a product on-line, getting all excited just waiting for the knock to come at the door, only to be dissappointed upon delivery because someone did'nt know how to place a stamp. I hope that IM and you are able to work out something that is fair for the both of you.

I have bought from Intense Motorsports and have inquired about many of their parts they sell for the G. I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. They always took the time to answer any questions that I had and I would definately order from them in the future.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st experience with Intense Motorsports...disappointed