G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

screwed by used car dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
screwed by used car dealer

I bought a 2005 g35 coupe from a cadillac dealer in a diff. state, it had 3k miles and he told me over the phone that the car was mint. I saw pictures on autotrader, but now i feel like an idiot for not having someone inspect it. Anyhow, the trucker who is bringing the over called to arrainge a delivery time, and he told me that he saw curb rash on one of the 19 inch wheels, a scratch near the handle of the drivers side door (he said cosmetic, no ding), and a couple rock chips on the front. I can live with the rock chips, but that idiot at the dealer should have told me about the rash and def should have told me about the scratch when i asked him. What can I do at this point? He sent me in writing that it has never been in an accident, but I didnt get in writing that car was in mint condition. Ideas?

sorry about the long post

Old 06-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
just wondering but why didnt u just buy a new 05?

Old 06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm guessing you have issued a payment for this allready? how did you pay?

If the car is not as represented you def do not want to take delivery of it. I would refuse delivery of it and stop payment if possible. Call the bank, if you financed it.

You really don't ever want to purchase a car without seeing and driving it first, there are just too many variables.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
used car, used car dealer, out of state. lucky if that's all you find.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Z2G
although i feel for you, the car that you bought was still a "used" car despite being an '05. the term "mint" is pretty subjective and most would consider a used car with curb rash on one wheel and a minor scratch as minor wear and tear. since you purchased the car from used car dealer (vs. a private seller), you may have some recourse. did you already sign off for the delivery? if so, you may be out of luck since the dealer can claim that it was caused during transport. if you have not taken possession of the car, you may be in luck. contact the dealer immediately and do NOT take possession of the car or sign anything.

best bet, call a lawyer.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:22 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
just wondering but why didnt u just buy a new 05?
i would imagine to save money

Old 06-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Maybe the trucker did it and is trying to disperse the blame!!!

Old 06-12-2005, 09:28 PM
you cant really save much on a 05 used bro...should'v bought it new...if you have written document of it in mint condition you can refuse to accept the car when it is delivered to your door

Old 06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
whats up guys, its a fully loaded 05, msrp of about 40,500. I payed 34,000 shipped, and i paid it in full already. I havent taken delivery yet, and I do not have a document saying the car was in mint condition, I do have in writting that it has never been in an accident. Its just frustrating, I guess I had in my mind that the car would be perfect since it only had 3k miles but oh well, i'm a moron for buying without seeing it in person. I mean i'll call and talk to the manager of the dealer but I dont think its worth getting a lawyer over, I'll wait till i see exactly what is on the car when it arrives, which wont be until thursday. I'm def not as excited to see the car as i was before.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:41 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AznRacer305
you cant really save much on a 05 used bro...should'v bought it new...if you have written document of it in mint condition you can refuse to accept the car when it is delivered to your door
you could save a few thousand bucks. that matters to some people.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by texasranger2003
whats up guys, its a fully loaded 05, msrp of about 40,500. I payed 34,000 shipped, and i paid it in full already. I havent taken delivery yet, and I do not have a document saying the car was in mint condition, I do have in writting that it has never been in an accident. Its just frustrating, I guess I had in my mind that the car would be perfect since it only had 3k miles but oh well, i'm a moron for buying without seeing it in person. I mean i'll call and talk to the manager of the dealer but I dont think its worth getting a lawyer over, I'll wait till i see exactly what is on the car when it arrives, which wont be until thursday. I'm def not as excited to see the car as i was before.
I know it bothers you a lot, but man, once you fire up the engine and start driving, those little things will not matter.... you saved a couple of g's on this deal and to be honest, that scratch and rock chips should be a easy fix, the rims you will replace soon or later so please, don't worry too much.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lucino
I know it bothers you a lot, but man, once you fire up the engine and start driving, those little things will not matter.... you saved a couple of g's on this deal and to be honest, that scratch and rock chips should be a easy fix, the rims you will replace soon or later so please, don't worry too much.
Yeah i'm sure your right, it just irritates me that they blaitantly lied to me. I guess Im a little naive.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:59 PM
You could have gotten a new one fully loaded around 36K Why would u get a used one in the first place?

Old 06-12-2005, 10:08 PM
I've never seen one new fully loaded for 36, atleast not in michigan where i live. I think the best i could have done is around 38, so I was still saving 4G's which is significant in my opinion.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:08 PM
talk to the person who sold you the car, ask him to buy you a rim, get it repaired swap it out or something. to me, a paint issue is harder to repair than a rim issue. many of the bigger rim repair place swill have wheels just to swap out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: screwed by used car dealer