G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

MSRP or something less?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MSRP or something less?

My local dealer is quoting me MSRP and stating that they won't come off that for the coupe. Is anyone out there getting below MSRP on a coupe or is everyone just jumping on MSRP because the dealer says so?

Looking at what I would want, the MSRP is 36,265 and Invoice is 32,781.

That's over a $3400 markup in the car over Invoice. I might be willing to split the difference with the dealer, but otherwise I'm happy to say "no way" to a MSRP "deal".

What are others out there doing???

Old 11-29-2002, 02:27 AM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: MSRP or something less?

all people (i dont know of any that didnt) are getting it MSRP, there is such a high demand for this car, at least the 6MT version, has about 4-6 month wait list and they are all goin for MSRP

also factor in that its a brand new vehicle to the market, meaning lots of people are willing to pay MSRP just so they can be the first ones on the block to get one

i am one of those people heheheheeh

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by RamboRami on 11/28/02 11:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-29-2002, 08:50 AM

how and where did you come across invoice price??

Old 11-29-2002, 09:49 AM

Well I am looking at the automatic not the 6MT, but maybe that won't make a difference....

Old 11-29-2002, 09:50 AM

I've found it at a couple of places on the web that have pricing tools. MSN didn't have it, I think Cars.com was wrong in that they only had sedan pricing and their coupe pricing had errors, so it was probably at www.theleasingcompany.com or one of the lease websites I've been looking at.

Old 11-29-2002, 11:46 AM

The simple fact is you WONT find this car for less than MSRP. I tried. I reallllly tried. But when they know that it's going to sell tomorrow if you don't buy it today, what are you going to do? There's not much you can. I tried everything, costco, triple A, carpoint, competition between dealers (What are you going to do for me if I buy here?) None of it worked. Go with the best dealer and take MSRP.

Andrew

2003 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-01-2002, 12:43 AM

Actually the dealer we spoke to tonight was offering $1000 off MSRP but we had to order the car, he didn't have what we wanted in stock.

Old 12-01-2002, 03:52 AM

4-6 months? Are your serious? That bites... I'm just waiting to get my end of the year bonus and i'm heading down to the dealership, but if I have to wait... i'm going to be bummed.. Or is the 4-6 month waiting period for custom orders?

Old 12-01-2002, 10:08 PM

Everyone should know. It totally depends on the dealer for everyone. It wouldn't surprise me if some dealer in the midwest was offering discounts on their coupes. It also wouldn't surprise me if there were a 4-6 month wait to get what you want. I ordered my 6mt blue with aero and premium in orange county at MSRP. It will be here in February. There was no place in SoCal where I could find a deal under MSRP except perhaps Cerritos where they have extremely high volume (however I heard they aren't that great of a dealer and they would try to pressure me into getting something they have and I don't want. Also, they won't take orders because of their volume. Please understand that people post here from all over North America and it is different everywhere. Talk to your local dealer to figure out what they are doing with the coupes. If you are lucky enough to live in a place like Socal where there are tons of Infiniti dealers to shop around, please do. But, if you can't get one at under MSRP, go with the dealer that makes you the most comfotable. If you fin a dealer that is ordering coupes at under MSRP in SoCal. LET ME KNOW!

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-01-2002, 10:21 PM

The dealers in this area (Eastern TN and Western NC/SC) are quoting a 6MT (Ordered) for a few hundred under MSRP.

Old 12-02-2002, 01:04 AM

I would snap it up at MSRP - especially if you are going for the 6MT. I just picked mine up on Friday at MSRP (black, premium) and the dealer had 3 other people ON THE LOT ready to buy it if I no-showed. You might get a base model for a little off MSRP, but demand is driving the price. Thanks to Infiniti for not letting dealers really stick it to us.

Old 12-02-2002, 12:23 PM

I got mine for MSRP, which was $37,605.. The day that I got mine they added a $2995 dealer adjustment to each MSRP price.

2003 G35 Coupe
6MT, Black w/Tan
Prem. Package and Nav.

Old 12-02-2002, 10:18 PM

Ouch that's harsh.

In my continuing quest I've found discounts off MSRP ranging from 500-1200 to of course 0... so it all depends on the dealer.

Unfortunately the dealer that has the car we want is at 0. But hey, I don't have to have it now, let em sit on it for awhile...

Old 12-04-2002, 07:50 PM

You should report this to Infiniti. Dealers are NOT allowed to hike up the price above MSRP! That is Infiniti's policy and you can get your money back.

Old 12-04-2002, 09:01 PM

Hi Ken,

I'm also in a holding pattern, waiting for dealers to come off MSRP. I might even wait two years, and pick up a used model. Like yourself, I have a P-car ('91 Targa), so no hurry. Well .... I keep telling myself that. My 911 is a wonderful car, but I've owned it 10 years now. So, the appeal of something new is strong. I'm excited by the G35C--the first car I've seriously considered purchasing in quite some time.

Do you spend anytime on the Rennlist?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MSRP or something less?