G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

GT Carbon Fiber Spoiler on G35Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 02:37 AM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it makes you feel any better I got chewed up and spit out on is300.net a few years back when I put this wing on my car. It was a spoiler actually designed specifly for the IS300, but regardless it was a wing and caused plenty of flames.

Since you are into wings, Ill let you decide if its your taste or not. I don't really think it was over the top.. maybe it would look silly if my IS was stock, but with a full kit I think it blended quite nicely. And for anyone who will beg to differ, please do, since I dont own the car anymore I am not out to defent it anymore

Old 06-19-2005, 02:45 AM
Stop being so immature. I hate it when people think they're part of the 'cool crowd' cause they follow/believe what everyone says.. especially with this 'rice' bull****. You believe that whatever you think, is best. Don't act like you know everything. Some of you probably haven't even modded your G35. There is a line between what's rice and what's not.. and I compliment those people who push it and play near this line cand come out on top more than those who don't do anything different.

I'm not saying this spoiler is good or bad. To each it's own.. but don't be so ****ing quick to judge and ignorant.

My 5 cents. <3

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by vstypicals; 06-19-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:54 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
My 5 cents.
Is this the current inflation rate?

Old 06-19-2005, 03:07 AM
get the INGS wing

http://www.ings-net.com/products/z-wing/index.htm

1600mm size fits perfect for the V35. there is also 15 adjustable angles. depending on how much downforce u need..... but real GT wings dont come cheap.

Old 06-19-2005, 06:45 AM
for someone to say that a GT wing is rice, is just acting out of pure ignorance. Look at all of the modded G's on our forums. Clearly everyone builds their car out of their personal interest and choice in products that suits them best. There are so many directions one can take their G. alot of people use simple and clean looking mods that are subtle, others choose huge performance mods, and others choose huge aesthetic mods. Regardless of which direction someone takes their car, it really only matters if they themselves like it. Now getting back to the argument of a GT wing. If you look at all the cars across the Pacific that have GT wings they are cars that are most definately not "rice" For instance, all of the cars that visited california last month for the drift showoff. Count how many of those cars had GT wings. Its funny that noone ever pointed out rice to all those cars. Here is a car in my crew 16NiSS. It is a 240sx with the S15 conversion. He is pushing around 750 hp. He has a GT wing on his car because the look of the car demands aggressiveness. Not only is it aggressive, but the speeds that this car can go it is almost vital to have a wing to provide the downforce required. Why do you think that proper GT wings are expensive? Yes some are carbon fiber which can be costly, but they are designed for their purpose. They are not only aesthetic. I think for a G35 to pull of a GT wing would take alot, but when the car demands the look and performance for one. I think taht there is nothing wrong with a GT wing on a G35. [IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Lex
Originally Posted by realgone
Git yerself a Neon GitterDone
Look at your signature, you're using the most common rice vocab. "Clear Corners" rofl. Get urself a civic hatch with some clear corners and wish it'll go faster. Ricer steps up to a G35 and thinks he's an enthusiast.

Old 06-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Lex
Originally Posted by Hyde
get the INGS wing

http://www.ings-net.com/products/z-wing/index.htm

1600mm size fits perfect for the V35. there is also 15 adjustable angles. depending on how much downforce u need..... but real GT wings dont come cheap.
Ah, thank you so much for the link Hyde, I'll have to find out more about that wing. I was thinking C-west but yeah their wings do get pricey also.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Lex
Originally Posted by Mark350GT
for someone to say that a GT wing is rice, is just acting out of pure ignorance. Look at all of the modded G's on our forums. Clearly everyone builds their car out of their personal interest and choice in products that suits them best. There are so many directions one can take their G. alot of people use simple and clean looking mods that are subtle, others choose huge performance mods, and others choose huge aesthetic mods. Regardless of which direction someone takes their car, it really only matters if they themselves like it. Now getting back to the argument of a GT wing. If you look at all the cars across the Pacific that have GT wings they are cars that are most definately not "rice" For instance, all of the cars that visited california last month for the drift showoff. Count how many of those cars had GT wings. Its funny that noone ever pointed out rice to all those cars. Here is a car in my crew 16NiSS. It is a 240sx with the S15 conversion. He is pushing around 750 hp. He has a GT wing on his car because the look of the car demands aggressiveness. Not only is it aggressive, but the speeds that this car can go it is almost vital to have a wing to provide the downforce required. Why do you think that proper GT wings are expensive? Yes some are carbon fiber which can be costly, but they are designed for their purpose. They are not only aesthetic. I think for a G35 to pull of a GT wing would take alot, but when the car demands the look and performance for one. I think taht there is nothing wrong with a GT wing on a G35.
Oh damn, that is one sick S15! That bad boy looks mean as hell Very very nice indeed. Where is your crew located?

Old 06-19-2005, 08:40 AM
A GT-style wing is only useful at about 130mph plus and above. If you currently drive at those speeds then you need it. Otherwise, it is just decoration for posing.

Old 06-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Looks on a car have always been VERY subjective. Obviously so considering I see people driving around that Pontiac Aztek however we all share one thing in common and thats driving the G35!

Personally I'm glad we all like different things or else the G's would get pretty boring to see on the street. The spoiler may not be my thing but if you like it, just ignore what everyone else says and go for it. As for people saying you don't 'deserve' the G that is really just ignorant and i hope the poster didnt really mean that. To each his own.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:05 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it's for shows, sponsorshps, and such, i say go for it. otherwise just pass. whatever floats your boat

Old 06-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Team 16niss is based in Dallas and Houston. 16niss is Dunlop, Meguire's and Valvoline sponsored along with individual sponsors from stoptech, wald, swiss audio, audiobahn and a few others. Check out our site www.team16niss.net

one of our 16niss members inspired a member on this forum to paint his car the same as our wald custom widebody 350Z lamborghini yellow. I can't remember the name of the guy on this forum but he has full kenstyle with Volk rims i believe. He asked Chris (lambo yellow 350Z) from 16niss if he could use the same paint, which was respectful considering the member on this forum seems like he is quite into showing his car.

16NiSS also has 2 R33 Skylines, one is a GT-S and the other a GT-R. check out www.jojopang.net for event coverage of our crew at HID Houston and Formula D Houston. I know it was a little more than you asked for haha, but i am very proud to be a part of this show team. lol
laterz

Old 06-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Do what ever you want. It is your car. I sure would not want to get up every morning and see that on my Beautiful G35. Here is a link for ya. Mod to your hearts content, if that is what you want then by all means splurge.
Carbon Fiber Wing on eBay

Attached Thumbnails GT Carbon Fiber Spoiler on G35Coupe-carbon-fiber-hood.jpg  
Old 06-19-2005, 12:51 PM
if i had the money to mod a coupe, i'd probably get a GT wing for the coupe.

but before i get a GT wing, i'll probably have a TS widebody.... stock car with GT wing is really ugly.... it would look great with the TS widebody.

especially when i track the car often enough.... i dont think anyone would call a 3D GT wing rice... i'll probably build the engine to around 600HP, i think i'll need all that downforce.

if u still call a car that i mention rice, then u have no idea whats rice and whats not. a 2000 dollar Dry Carbon GT wing would never come close to being rice. Ricer would pay a maximum of 200 bux for a crappy aluminum GT wing from pepboys

Old 06-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Lex
Originally Posted by realgone
Do what ever you want. It is your car. I sure would not want to get up every morning and see that on my Beautiful G35. Here is a link for ya. Mod to your hearts content, if that is what you want then by all means splurge.
Carbon Fiber Wing on eBay
That's not even close to what I'm looking for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT Carbon Fiber Spoiler on G35Coupe