G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

NEW (2 Weeks) Front License Plate No Screwing Front Bumper!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Cmon Son!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh haha, I knew that would come up. sorry for the confusion. that is all reflection.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey clockwork. You still have anymore for immediate delivery? I would like to buy one.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Cmon Son!
Yes, I sure do. I have one more from this batch, and will have more on Friday. I will always have some to ship within a 5 business day window period.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
I just ordered one for my '05 6mt DG sedan - hope it fits since nobody on this board knows for sure

Old 07-31-2005, 03:40 AM
Look's pretty good. I am getting my car on Monday, and will try the paper clip method initially because Europe has a front plate requirement. But as soon as I see some pix from other forum members, I will jump on this.

Clokwork, will you ship to Military APO's? USPS takes about 7 - 10 days to get here standard, and less than 5 days Priority. Please let me know.

One other thing. It seems like there is more than a 1" gap behind the plate. I really want it as close as possible to the bumper. I will just put some sort of rubber adhesive to the backside to avoid any scratching of the bumper. I have a Clear Bra on anyways, so not concerned with rubbing. I will most likely also use special screws that have a flat back. Flush is the key! Too large of a gap and you generate a vacume behind the plate causing slight performance decrease.

Anyone notice any additional noise or buffeting comming from the front with one of these?

Paypal is a great method of payment, I've used it for years with no problems. I feel more confident dealing with individuals using it, so good on you!

Last edited by Superdane73; 07-31-2005 at 03:57 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by bythabay
I just ordered one for my '05 6mt DG sedan - hope it fits since nobody on this board knows for sure
I thouht I saw this post on the sedan board, but never heard about it again...luckily, I found it on the coupe site. How did this work for your sedan? Any mods to make it fit?

Old 08-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by lelg35
I thouht I saw this post on the sedan board, but never heard about it again...luckily, I found it on the coupe site. How did this work for your sedan? Any mods to make it fit?
I haven't tried to install it yet becuase

A: i haven't recieved my plates yet and
B: i'm not gonna put on a front plate unless I am pulled over for it.. i figure then I'll at least be able to show the officer - "look, i'm gonna put on my front plate!"

However, clokwork did say it would fit great

Old 08-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bythabay
I haven't tried to install it yet becuase

A: i haven't recieved my plates yet and
B: i'm not gonna put on a front plate unless I am pulled over for it.. i figure then I'll at least be able to show the officer - "look, i'm gonna put on my front plate!"

However, clokwork did say it would fit great
I agree and told them not to install mine either!

Old 08-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Cmon Son!
I sent one to a sedan owner and I know he recieved it already, but I havent heard anything from him just yet. I know the threads fit the 05, but I have not had a local 05 owner step up so that I could try it personally.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Z2G
clockwork,

i noticed that you now have two options for the g-plate--an aluminum and acrylic backing. do you have any info on aluminum backing? was the aluminum option added due to customer response to the acrylic backing plate?

Old 08-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Cmon Son!
It definitely was not due to complaints, but manufacturing costs. With the aluminum structure brace and the acrylic plate, the design was fine. I finally found a dealer that could get the plate sizes I needed to me at a price that beats the acrylic plate/brace bar by about 50 cents, and yet the benefites are the same flush look but with one peice.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by clokwork
I sent one to a sedan owner and I know he recieved it already, but I havent heard anything from him just yet. I know the threads fit the 05, but I have not had a local 05 owner step up so that I could try it personally.

so did the owner respond yet? does it actually work on 05 4dr?

Old 08-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by whiteg35k
so did the owner respond yet? does it actually work on 05 4dr?
I am the said owner and I haven't tried it out yet.. I guess I should just try it out...

Old 08-30-2005, 01:45 PM
I would have taken pictures, but when it's on, it looks just like as if the plates were mounted by the dealer. Actually, with this revised version, I was able to use the factory mounting plastic to give it a flush fit without having to drill any additional holes. Maybe when I have time, I'll take mine back apart and take some pics.

It's nice to know that I can take the plates off anytime and not have holes drilled into my bumper.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:05 PM
front license kit

interested in this kit if your still making these...

thanks,

Originally Posted by clokwork
I would like to get a count (this isnt signing up) of who is interested in purchasing a front license plate frame that uses your tow hook similar to the stillen design but for much less.

I started a fabrication business long ago but was completely blineded about designing and manufacturing one of these. I will have first production pieces in under 2 weeks.

With the kit comes the 1) threaded rod, 2) license plate backing, 3) black frame (changeable at your will), and a 4) single screw binding the backing plate to the rod. (It threads right through)

By popping off your tow hook bumper entry point and installing this takes all of 2 minutes with just a screw driver.

Material of the rod is brass for 2 reasons. One is its strength properties over cheap aluminum. Secondly, it machines well.
*Though aluminum machines much more easily, depending on grade, it can also warp easily due to machining.
This said, the rod will thread perfectly every time.

All pieces will be quality inspected before shipment. If any unit arrives damaged, or does not fit (which I guarantee will not happen) I will take full responsibility and either replace or refund your money (your choice)(30 day)

Units are going for $42.50 including shipping/handling to all of the continental US. If you choose to pay via paypal, please ad an extra $1.50 since they are convenient theives

I am doing this professionally (of course), so leave any worrying to me.

So please, all those who are interested, state so here so I can just get a general headcount. Again, this isnt signing your name up for one, so Im not holding you to it just need appx numbers.

Thanks!

P.S this is a G35driver.com exclusive to start off with. I owe a lot to these forums.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW (2 Weeks) Front License Plate No Screwing Front Bumper!