G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

A Few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Few questions

First off, I was wondering if anyone could properly explain what double clutching is? my friend (who btw drives an evo) says im wrong when i said, double clutching is pressing the clutch allowing the engine to rev up(staying on the gas) with out disengaging a gear and then dumping it for an extra boost. I dont wanna do it bc i dont think its that good for the car. You would double clutch if u had ur rpm's low and someone rolled up next to you to race or somthing of that nature.
Next, he keeps talkin smack about how his car will eat mine, and personally i think that from a roll ill beat him or at least give him a hell of a run but im not too fond of abusing my car. The awd would take me off the line but from a roll i think ill do well. Any thoughts on the evo v.s g35 6mt? should it be a 5mph roll or more?
My third question is if you could do one performance mod what would it be(not too expensive trying to keep it under $1000)? i was thinking about a ts ecu reflash, it dosent void the any warentees bc its not tagged. Also if i decide to get an intake or plenum spacer in the future the ecu would adapt to the air flow better than the oem ecu program.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:21 AM
lol ... double clutching is a thing of the past

Your friend is right, your understanding of double clutching is incorrect. You double clutch by shifting out of a gear, into neutral. Then you shift into your next gear. Basicallly you clutch, shift to neutral, clutch, shift to next gear.

Evo's are rally/race cars. They WILL beat a g35 almost all situations. Thats not what the g was designed for ....

Easiest / most cost effective mod is an intake.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea...no one knew what double clutching was until it was mention in fast and the furious. Now all the kids think this is the way you need to shift your car.

For your race, if the evo double clutched, you might be able to take him. maybe.

"Granny shifting instead of double clutching like your suppose to" then the crowd goes ohh awww...which means they are just as dumb as Vin diesel.

Hooman

Old 06-29-2005, 10:33 AM
^agreed^

And try your luck at a roll against that EVO. lol The new Evo's turbo spools faster AND it's lighter than my old, modified (325HP) GSX. The difference between the two was apparent when I test drove the EVO. And I had no problem taking out C5 Corvettes from a roll in the GSX. Good luck.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:40 AM
G35driver Addict
Double clutching is not necessary on new cars. tiblot is right, it's a thing of the past where you clutch, shift to neutral, rev match with gas, clutch and shift into gear.

for $1k there's not much you can do, intake and TS reflash is most worth it. If you want speed you'll have to dish out the big bucks and go FI. For looks, luxury, and performance in one package, you got the evo beat.

The G35c has no chance against an EVO off the line, from a roll you'll give him a run for his money. Highway speeds you'll have a chance according to the 'there's no replacement for displacement' mantra. good luck

Old 06-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Just want to point out something... you arn't getting a boost if you push the clutch then let you. It's going to slip some and you lose the power. You'll accelerate faster if you just stay on the gas pedal.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Alright, maybe i just got double clutching wrong, or maybe there is no name for what im talking about. I've seen it done and it really works, my cousin who had a 2 5.0 mustangs used to do it all the time. when he would do it in either 2nd or 3rd he used to leave lines on the street (dont do it in 2nd or 3rd because you lose traction and that could cause you to lose the race). The double clutching you are refering is the same double clutching that my dad explained to me and he said that truckers used to do it or somthing like that. what im talkin about is if ur in 5th gear @4100 rpms the quickest way to get to redline is to leave the stick where it is push the clutch down rev up and dump the cluch hard it takes a matter of a second. Its quicker than shifting into fourth redlining and then shifting into 5th. Like i said its not good for the car, but it can be done thats the beauty of having a clutch and not MM or tip-tronic. Also on the 6mt anyone kno the max speed of each gear? also my friend with the evo just got his car and is still learning how to drive it, i mean i got mine in april but i believe i've got an advantage because i've been driving my car longer. i forgot to mension the 5-60 time on a G35 is simular or faster than the 5-60 time on an Evo. This is just another reason i think i maybe able to take him. I am aware that they are very quick cars, personally i could of gotten one for what i paid for my G, but the G is definatly a more "complete" car like it has the complete package. Also the Evo's interior is kinda crappy. all in all both fun cars.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:57 PM
"drop-clutch" is the term I've heard that reffered to as. Popular with the drifters.

Old 07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
bump for my buddy

Old 07-01-2005, 01:08 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Unless you drive an 18-wheeler, don't worry about it...