G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How much should I pay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much should I pay?

I was looking at a 2005 G35 Coupe 6 Speed... I want Navigation, Premium Package, and the Aero Package.
When I built the car at Infiniti.com the price came to 39,630, with the following Options

Power Sunroof Incl.

Premium Package $2450

DVD Infiniti Navigation System $2000

Aerodynamic Body Kit (with Spoiler) $1220

What do you think I should offer,or pay, I plan on paying full in cash when I pick up the car from the dealer...

Thank You

Old 06-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I paid $36,700 back in jan. for the same exact car, but that was with our club. You should be able to get that car for that price though if you went in there and said you will take this car right now, for this price, cash in hand.....I guarantee they will do it.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is what i did...maybe it can help you. i priced the coupe with the options i wanted. i looked on www.edmunds.com for the actual dealer invoice. i offered 750 more then the dealer invoice.

i looked online and found 2 6mt 04 (it was 07/04 at the time) around the same area. the packages were a bit different (1 had xm, the other didnt), but were close enough so i would take either.

i didnt even want xm (still dont subscribe), but the dealer stuck to the $750 over invoice that i offered over the net. i dunno if this is too much over invoice now. you shoud typically only pay, imho, 500 over invoice, but it was a hot car and i was willing to pay a "250 premium on it"

the dealer almost backed out of the internet deal, until i told him another dealer in the area was willing to give me the same price and that it was too bad the other dealer didnt have the color i wanted in stock. i threatened to go to the other dealer and take the other color and they stuck to their original agreement. i even said they were trying to "bait and switch" me. all said and done, i got my g at the price i wanted from the get go, and everything was cool.

BTW - DO NOT PAY FOR ANY MARKETING EXPENSES OR ANY CRAP LIKE THAT. if you finace through them, you will have to pay liek 500 for them to finace you and to process your taxes an licences. that will be hard coded into the reciept. anything above that, ask them to remove or walk.

anyway, i have done alot of negotiations for cars and have always paid around 500 over invoice per car as per www.edmunds.com. i dunno if they still do dealer invoice accutately tho.

good luck bro, get the deal you want and be willing to walk away. the car dealers get like 1-3% "dealer incentives" for selling a set # of cars for each car. you think about 100 cars per every few mo and that is huge. dont worry about eating into their "margin"

if you were in GA, i would say let me negotiate for you. i love doing it. dunno why, most ppl hate it