Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What color...and why??

Blue Blue Blue is always the best way to go....lol

The sky is the limit
350gt Ride on [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2003, 08:32 PM

IMO the Black/Willow combination has the best of both worlds: jet black car gleaming with several coats of Zaino (I have no problem paying so much attention to detailing this beautiful car), classy tint job to make it look even stealthier, that just looks totally badass. At night the car looks amazing...and the willow interior adds a bit of luxury to balance out the sportier exterior. I'm a young guy, so I like the appeal of the mysterious, stealthy exterior and the luxury of the willow interior.

You guys may disagree with me, but I'm happy with what I have, and I think that's all that matters. Don't let other people's opinions sway you - get the color combo you like the best, and you'll be happy.

G35C 6MT Black/Willow (June Delivery)

Old 06-16-2003, 08:34 PM

Gotta love Pearl White w/ Black Leather and Titanium trim...

Best looking G ever!!!

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 06-17-2003, 12:21 AM

I went with Obsidian Black for several reasons. First off, I believe the curves of the car is accenuated real well in black..especially freshly polished and at night.
The nostalgic reason is that my very first car was a black 280zx 2+2 turbo. And depending on who you ask, the G35C is considered a 2+2 Z.

Old 06-17-2003, 01:39 AM

I have badddd a$$ black on black too.. real nice hit off the brembos .. which people stare at sitting at the lights ??? hehehe

anyway ... one thing I will tell you ... i wash it often ..not that I mind BUT

everytime or every other couple of days I find a new scratch or area that is not perfect and it drives me up the F*&^*Kin WALL man... really.
but because its new you want it to stay new etc..
which I will get over ...

I have only waxed it once ... some Z6 and Z5 . never did get to the Z2 .. but I will soon ...
Black is not as hard to keep "clean enough" as people say... cause it is soooo shiny with dust and dirt on it anyway and clean enough is something that tends to happen with black car owners over time.... like t-shirts.

The CB is nice IMO, but it'll come down to what you feel most comfy with at the end of the day man, plain a simple.

laterrr

Old 06-17-2003, 10:37 AM

I dont think any color looks better than black on any car...when its clean and waxed. The problem is that a black car will not look its best most of the time unless you have the time to keep it looking good.

I just dont have the time anymore so I am going to go with the CB. I love the light metallic blue colors like the sazuka blue on the S2000. For me, the CB is the only option other than black. There have been rumours that the twilight blue will replace the caribbean which I dont think is the case but if it were, I would then have to go with the black.

My third choice would be the DP I think.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:10 AM

Why are people so negative about CB? If anything the car stands out som much! I see other colors and they are just plain, like any other car (except LR and the white).
I have had my CB for 7 months and man it still turns heads everywhere.
But I have to say that with CB color you have to have the wing. Somehow, it doen't look as good as others do without the wing.

MY baby G

Old 06-17-2003, 11:41 AM

Dally, I feel ya man...I have black on black and I go INSANE whenever I see a new scratch or imperfection somewhere. I wanted to kill someone when I saw my ding...and I about went ballistic when it got keyed.

I agree that its shine can make it look clean, but only from far. Once you come near it, you can see every waterspot and pirce of dirt... I'm constantly having to bust out the towel and Z6 in my trunk.

But damn, I'm still glad I went with black. Looks sexy as hell when clean during the day and NOTHING looks better at night.

Old 06-17-2003, 03:42 PM

Not knocking cb...remember I had the car ordered in that color! It's defenately the breakout color of the bunch...the color g's show up on the front page of auto mags in.
I guess it comes down to what statment you are trying to make with the car...from silver with no areo to a cb with areo. Same car, two totally different statements!
Black...god...you can't go wrong with that color on ANYTHING! I'd like to see black with chromed factory rims...

Old 06-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mostly agree with Mani.

Laser Red and Carribean Blue are the sports car colors. They're the ones that the spoiler looks best (or least awful) upon.

Brilliant Silver, Diamond Graphite, and Desert Platinum are the elegant, luxurious colors.

Obsidian Black and Ivory Pearl are neutral. Both sporty and elegant. The spoiler issue probably decides which way it leans.

If I didn't get Black, I'd probably go White. Red and Blue (along with Silver) are my least favorite colors for the Coupe, but I do like the Sedan's Twilight Blue and Garnet Red. I could see myself driving a Twilight Blue Coupe.

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 06-17-2003, 09:37 PM

I just got back from the dealership and put an order on a DG. It was between IP, LR, DG, and OB. i love black but [censored] i can not wash soo often and scratches **** teh [censored] out of me so threw that one out. IP i dont kno just didnt go wit it. LR is wat i wanted but i felt that it may have been too flashy and sporty tho i think of it now and really owuldnt mind it. some ppl were telling me it was a GIRL COLOR.. i nearly beat teh [censored] out of them.. dumbass.. i ended up ordering DG tho i wish it was a little bit of a darker grey. like the metallic on the bimmers.

2004 G35 Coupe - Diamond Graphite - Graphite Leather- Premium Package [ on order ]

Old 06-17-2003, 09:46 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude, I just happened to have something like that:

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

64343-MyZaino_dBaby001in Lemans Sunset.jpg

Old 06-17-2003, 09:56 PM

I don't like the **** yellow color on the G very well.. heh

I would go ballistic if a G came out with the ferrari yellow, can't imagine how beautiful it will be!!

-Blk/Blk G35c

Old 06-18-2003, 03:47 AM

yep and the other day some branches from this tree outside my house came down on the G and scratched the portion above the window..

HAHHAHAH

I know where the firewoods comin from this year man.

F*&Kin Trees (ozzy)

Old 06-18-2003, 10:17 AM

I agree with u all the way ...whats what i have ordered for 2004 pickup....

2004 IP/Blk G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem
on order...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What color...and why??