G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got My Azz Handed To Me By A Supra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much... Compared to a lot of sport cars its not fast, even the srt4 with only 220hp? is faster than out G's.
I'm not trying to diss the G at all, I think the ride is smooth and looks awesome.. I just dont think its capabilities performance wise is up to par.
Most G's that are stock are running low to mid 14's.. i dont know about that guy running high 13's?

Originally Posted by mc2
I will have to agree with Hyun that the G35 is not THAT fast, or at least does not feel it. Or maybe a better way to put it, is not as fast as it should be.

Please correct me if i am wrong, but what i have been able to gather, a bone stock 6MT G Coupe will run about 14.5 second 1/4 mile times right? give or take depending on the driver of course. So this is a 298 HP V6.

My 1991 MR2 Turbo, bone stock can run about 14.5 from the factory too. This is a 200 HP, 4-banger. With a 15 dollar home made boost controller, boost can be safely turned up to 14 PSI from anywhere between 7-11 from the factory. This easily puts you into low 14's and even high 13 territory.

I mean when I say the G35 is not that fast, yes granted it is faster than 80% of any other car on the road, but why would you compare it to those? You would compare to other sports cars. That hardly puts it into the 80th percentile.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Will somebody please swap a RB26DETT?! Just match it with a RB25 RWD tranny and you have a bad *** car. I'm sure it can be done for around the same price as a good TT setup. They swapped an sr20det into a G so wheres the RB?! There was a 350z with a RB25. So come on someone pleeease!!

Old 07-08-2005, 07:46 AM
It's funny. I still go over to the Mx^.com board whrere I used to belong when I owned an MX6. I see threads all the time talking about how fast the G35 is. When someone posts tha they beat a G 35 with only slight mods they get flamed quickly saying the G35 is fast as s*** etc. I was on a Lexis IS board and someone had a run with a G and I remember someone saying and I quote: I hit the gas, he took off and dustred me... he was like into the sunset and $hI!#... " But then they will talk about how fast or quick their respective cars are.
So again it is all relative. To me the G 35 is a fast car compared to everything else I have owned up to this point. I had a run with Cobras without being raped and beaten a couple of S2K's. I know that anything can happen on the streets but compared to cars in the super performance category, our cars are slow. Compared to cars in the "performance" category, our cars can run with the best of them w/o being rapred or even beat many of them. Just because an S2K or maybe even a modded Neon is quicker doesn't make the G35 slow (or not fast) it only means that the other car is quicker.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. name a car that is more luxurious/classy and just as fast if not faster for less money.
2. accounting for inflation, the supra is a much more expensive car. thats like comparing the G to the M3.
3. there will *always* be a faster car. even if you beat the Supra and could trap 115mph on the 1/4 mi, you'd come against someone like a C6 Z06 that would leave you for dead. Then if you put in more mods and beat him, you'd come against something like a CGT or SLR...then what? And all the while there will be people with modded civics running just as fast, for less money too.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:25 AM
First of all, stock Vs stock you can not beat s2000 with the G. Unless the driver is that horrible driving the S.
My s2000 is F/I by Comptech and I ran a 13.32 and put 305whp 193lbs of torque put at 7psi
So yeah, my s2000 is decently quick but thats not my point.. My point is the G35 doesnt seem like a car that is supposed to be raced. Its in your words "luxurious" and "classy" which I really dont think it is. In all reality its a nissan and the interior just seems cheap. What makes it classy and luxurious? the leather seats? the illuminated orange lights? the clock in the middle of the dash? let me know what i'm missing... dont even say the navi.. cause thats in the prius.

And to Kahboom "modded Neon is quicker" the srt doesnt need to me modded.. they are running 13.9 stock

And to Tekknikal, there really isnt any other cars in the price range that can compete you are correct. Thats why I chose it... If you noticed in this thread, i'm not trashing on the car, i'm merely stating my opinion.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(small rant)dog gammit. im tired of these threads turning into how fast other cars are compared to the g. okay our fellow owner got smoked by a supra. cool but somehow thread jackers bring up other cars that are faster. imo for the price i paid for my g and the luxury + performance i get with it, my g cannot be beat. nuff said(/small rant)

Old 07-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Hyun83
My point is the G35 doesnt seem like a car that is supposed to be raced. Its in your words "luxurious" and "classy" which I really dont think it is. In all reality its a nissan and the interior just seems cheap. What makes it classy and luxurious? the leather seats? the illuminated orange lights? the clock in the middle of the dash? let me know what i'm missing... dont even say the navi.. cause thats in the prius.

Thats why I chose it... If you noticed in this thread, i'm not trashing on the car, i'm merely stating my opinion.
Do you even like the G??? It's pretty classy and luxurious to me, coming from a '97 Maxima. And you just totally did "trash the car."

Old 07-08-2005, 01:09 PM
By claiming that the car isnt that fast is trashing the car? You can think what you guys want to think.. I dont need to justify my "opinions" to you guys.. It seems like a lot of younger G owners get so offensive because they think this car the "hottest" thing around or something..

Originally Posted by G-ThreeFizzle
Do you even like the G??? It's pretty classy and luxurious to me, coming from a '97 Maxima. And you just totally did "trash the car."

Old 07-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Now where is that stick I had? I wanted to poke the dead horse some more.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:28 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deang35c6
I'm not getting defensive at all, MC2. Alot of folks bought their G without knowing what they were buying. They expected blazing fast performance, luxury features, and a luxury nameplate and service all for the price of low price of $40k. You won't get all of those features unless you're talking M\\\ or AMG. So then they start bitchn' about how slow the car is when they should've bought a Mustang Cobra in the first place. Reread my post and you'll see that I compared the G against it true competition (330ci, Cl-s, TL, A4, Saab 9-3, CLK320, CTS, etc) and it still comes out on top in performance. Not only does it smokes the real competition, the competition group is already faster than the average car. So for the E36 I smoked yesterday, he might consider my car fast even though a E36 M3 is no slouch. Fast is subjective, but what you get for your money, the G offers pretty good numbers. Sure a modified SR-t Neon will smoke me, but I wouldn't trade my G in for it. The Neon is faster, but look what you don't get for the money. I always get asked if my car is fast. My reply is, "depends on what you consider fast."

I do have to disagree with you on the G being a sports car. By definition, a sports cars has two seats and offers no apologies for its lack of luxury features. Corvette, 350Z, 911, Viper, and the NSX are all true sports cars. The S2000, MR2, boxster, and the Z4 are roadsters (two door, convertible sports cars). So, when comparing the G against true sports cars or even a roadster, it may come up short. The G is a GT...a cross between a sports car and luxury car. Maybe that's why so many people are disappointed with its performance. However, when compared to its true competition it does very well. But that's what it was intended to do.
True, I will have to agree with you that the G is the best all around value. And yes, the G does not fall into true sports car territory. That would be reserved for the two seat, two door, RWD, mid/rear engine cars.

But i definatly am not disappointed, just that there are many faster ones out there if the need for speed is what it's all about for you.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Hyun83,

Just calm down a bit, read the following link http://www.automobilemag.com/test_data/ then realize that for the most part the SRT4 is consistent with the G35 in 0-60 and quarter mile and other than being moddded it is most likely a drivers race (I know that there are various test results but for the most part you are taking the quickest test result from the Neon and comparing that with perhaps the slowest test result from the G).
I ask you to click on the following pages of test data. There you will also see that the G35 Sedan AT is faster than the 6MT coupe- now should we likewise accept that as gospel?
I don't endorse mag racing which seems to be what you are doing and thus, I do not consider 1 or 2 tenths of a second, as listed in magazines, enough to place one car in the "fast" category and another car in the "not so fast" category- they are both comparable) Are you saying that because of 2 tenths of a second, that the Neon can be raced and the G should not?
As regards not being able to beat an S2K- well I did and twice- yeah it is supposed to be faster but apparently, unless you demonstrate superior driving skills it is simply not going to be. Put a crappy driver (or even just an average driver- which is what most people are) in a G35 and put the same crappy/ average driver in an S2k and the G35 will win. Put a superior driver in both and the S2K should win. My point is not to say that the G is ultimately faster but to say that it is certainly plenty fast. I don't think that anyone is saying that the G can run with any car on the road, we don't subscribe to the idea that it is not fast which to be honest is completely subjective and not fact. If you don't think that it is fast then you're entitled to your opinion.

And yes you did totally trash the car- go back and look at your post.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 07-08-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Aznteazer
did hyun83 offer you a bj for backin him up?

so then mr.G35Stealth, can you tell me why ppl race their G's when it's not fast enuf to be raced with UNLESS you have a S200000000000. come on genius, figure that out for me.

if you dont think g35 is to be raced with, why even comment about other ppl racing their G's??
No, but yours wasn't bad at all .

And to answer your second question, I don't race in streets PERIOD. Kids do, not me. BTW people race their civics, does it mean that it's fast too .

Originally Posted by mc2
Honestly. What's the big deal anyway. Why does everyone get so upset when someone says the G35 is not that fast. It really isn't, and it's just fact.
I agree .

Last edited by G35Stealth; 07-08-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Man, same **** happened to me against an evo. I knew I didnt stand a chance but i wanted to see it for myself. Got spanked by 5 car lengths at least, going uphill!!!

Old 08-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by izmir41500
Modded supra, you had no chance.
Originally Posted by heeb
Damn, thanks for the heads up! I never would have thought the TT Supra could have taken our G's
lol that is my new signature for any site that I'm on.. quote of the year!

Old 08-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Relativity. "Fast" is relative to the application and the viewer. I used to think my Integra was fast... hahaha. Now I can't believe the fun I'm having with the G. I love the feeling of power on tap to pass at will - for me that's satisfying. I don't race and probably never will. But I'm currently satisified with the power, luxury and bling of the G. Of course I am - that's why I bought it. Everyone bought the G for their own reasons - if they're no longer feeling comfortable with the G, it may be time to look elsewhere. I'm sure if I had the bucks to move up to a Ferrari / Porsche / etc, I would look fondly back at the G like I'm looking at the Integra. It's all relative from where you view things. Enjoy your G's folks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got My Azz Handed To Me By A Supra