G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Portland, G35's, and Girls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portland, G35's, and Girls

Hey all,

So i got my 05 G35 coupe last week. I got the 5at Serengeti Sand with all options but the nav. I am LOVING it. So as i'm driving around town i will see a g35 coupe and wave and EVERY time now its been a gal! AND most of them are in thier late 30's early 40's! I guess the gals out here have really good taste...but i sure hope this isnt becoming the high end Miata with only girls driving them.

Then again my wife loves this car as much as i do. Maybe it just appeals to everyone =)

What have y'all seen in your area? Maybe its just coincidence.

On a side note i put in a K&N filter and tinted the windows 38%(oregon legal limit) it looks GREAT on serengeti sand. Its a pretty light tint so it doesnt push the look into the sport car area if you know what i mean. Have i said how much im loving my car? I have never had this many compliments on a car ever. In the frist 3 days i had 4 people pull up to me just to tell me they liked my car. I've had some nice high end cars before and have never had this reaction! ok so back to my question....Other then the K&N filter what is a semi-inexpensive mod that is easy to install? Cold air intake?

Thanks for letting me ramble =)
-DZ

Last edited by PDX_g35; 07-12-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PDX_g35
Hey all,

So i got my 05 G35 coupe last week. I got the 5at Serengeti Sand with all options but the nav. I am LOVING it. So as i'm driving around town i will see a g35 coupe and wave and EVERY time now its been a gal! AND most of them are in thier late 30's early 40's! I guess the gals out here have really good taste...but i sure hope this isnt becoming the high end Miata with only girls driving them.

Then again my wife loves this car as much as i do. Maybe it just appeals to everyone =)

What have y'all seen in your area? Maybe its just coincidence.

On a side note i put in a K&N filter and tinted the windows 38%(oregon legal limit) it looks GREAT on serengeti sand. Its a pretty light tint so it doesnt push the look into the sport car area if you know what i mean. Have i said how much im loving my car? I have never had this many compliments on a car ever. In the frist 3 days i had 4 people pull up to me just to tell me they liked my car. I've had some nice high end cars before and have never had this reaction! ok so back to my question....Other then the K&N filter what is a semi-inexpensive mod that is easy to install? Cold air intake?

Thanks for letting me ramble =)
-DZ
That's too funny... I live in the area too, and I actually have never seen any women driving any G's yet. They've all been guys... And every time I give them the thumbs up or wave, they ignore me

Tho, one guy kept flashing me from a distance... I was like, WTF... Until I got closer, and realised it was another G

Oh, and the legal OR limit is 35%, not 38%. (Not that it would matter)... I'm running 30%... Shhhhh

Old 07-12-2005, 08:03 PM
I get a load off random compliments in my stock G as well. The car really is just beautiful to people. Aggressive yet refined looking, like the Z's classier, more mature brother

I really don't see too many Gs in the Detroit area (It's still Domestic dominated) but the ones I do are usually driven by people that look to be in their late 20s - 40s. Older for the Sedans. It's about the same male/female.

As far as easy mods, I'd look into a Z tube. It costs $75 new, and takes about 5 mins to install. I just ordered mine, and from what I hear on these boards its a great simple first upgrade.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by PoliPino
I get a load off random compliments in my stock G as well. The car really is just beautiful to people. Aggressive yet refined looking, like the Z's classier, more mature brother

I really don't see too many Gs in the Detroit area (It's still Domestic dominated) but the ones I do are usually driven by people that look to be in their late 20s - 40s. Older for the Sedans. It's about the same male/female.

As far as easy mods, I'd look into a Z tube. It costs $75 new, and takes about 5 mins to install. I just ordered mine, and from what I hear on these boards its a great simple first upgrade.
Nice! i will look into that. Do you have to get those off the net usually or are they somehting that local part stores get? anyone know?

Old 07-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by avs007
That's too funny... I live in the area too, and I actually have never seen any women driving any G's yet. They've all been guys... And every time I give them the thumbs up or wave, they ignore me

Tho, one guy kept flashing me from a distance... I was like, WTF... Until I got closer, and realised it was another G

Oh, and the legal OR limit is 35%, not 38%. (Not that it would matter)... I'm running 30%... Shhhhh
LOL

Well i guess it's just been a coincidence =) Maybe we will pass some day =)

I always wave!

Old 07-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by PDX_g35
Nice! i will look into that. Do you have to get those off the net usually or are they somehting that local part stores get? anyone know?
It's the stock intake tube that the 350Z uses, so you could get it at any Nissan dealership. I ordered off the net because the Nissan dealer by me wanted a lot more than I could find online.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by PoliPino
It's the stock intake tube that the 350Z uses, so you could get it at any Nissan dealership. I ordered off the net because the Nissan dealer by me wanted a lot more than I could find online.
Nice...i will have to ask around. thanks!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats on your SS coupe

Old 07-13-2005, 04:38 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
.....Congrats on the new Serengetti Sand Coupe. Enjoy.
C.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:49 AM
Heh, I'm actually over in Bend, OR. I've seen maybe 4-5 other G's in the area (no dealership), and none of them have waved once...guess there's no real chance of getting a club together

Old 07-13-2005, 08:18 AM
that's funny cuz here in NYC all I see driving these things are dudes... and they're probably wishing more girls drove Gs... lol

Old 07-13-2005, 08:35 AM
about 50 - 50