G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2nd speeding ticket in 4 months!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I belong to quite a number of car forums as I consider myself a car enthusiast. This is the only site that I continously encounter people getting speeding tickets on a weekly basic. At first I wonder if it was the car. Now I realize most of the G drivers are in the age range between 18-30.

Two observations: young guys + fast car = irresponsible driving. Speeding ticket + egging on from fellow forum members = more tickets.

I am not preaching here, you can take it or leave it. You need to slow down before you kill someone. Frankly, I don't give a hoot if you kill yourself. If you can't be responsible, don't drive at all.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for your help.To those vilifying me for driving at 80mph, haven't you guys never gone at that speed with your G???
I mean people with G's and Z's are blowing past me with 100-120 mph all the time. I get caught with 80mph and the cop feels since I have a loud exhaust, my speed is 100 mph.
And yes,I agree I shouldn't drive fast and I have gone a long way from the time I initially bought the car and was infatuated with its speed capabilities,recklessly doing 100-110 mph at times to now never exceeding 80 mph when having fun.
I guess the G is for looks only and have to start driving it like a 85 year old.Time to probably get a Cadillac or something.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:00 AM
He had no radar reading. He was just estimating my speed. The cop came from behing and the passport 8500 never even beep once.This radar hasn't helped me a single time and it is completely useless.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:29 AM
if he didn't tag you, don't blame the radar detector. you gotta know when and where you can speed. still play it safe. i think you can get off since there was no radar though.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:35 AM
D87
Originally Posted by Lokoto
Thank you all for your help.To those vilifying me for driving at 80mph, haven't you guys never gone at that speed with your G???
I mean people with G's and Z's are blowing past me with 100-120 mph all the time. I get caught with 80mph and the cop feels since I have a loud exhaust, my speed is 100 mph.
And yes,I agree I shouldn't drive fast and I have gone a long way from the time I initially bought the car and was infatuated with its speed capabilities,recklessly doing 100-110 mph at times to now never exceeding 80 mph when having fun.
I guess the G is for looks only and have to start driving it like a 85 year old.Time to probably get a Cadillac or something.
True, "cast the first stone"... But dude, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. "With great power comes great responsibility" - Uncle Ben from Spiderman comics... And if you got nailed twice in 4 months, maybe it's time to dial back **even more** than you already have (and it's good that you're aware of it). I really don't want to hear about an accident on the news involving an inept driver maimed by a speeding car or whatever.

Of course your mind set right now is probably "I'm just so pissed-off about this ****ty ticket so you guys giving me a stinkin' lecture about speeding can go **** yourselves" (honestly, I probably would think the same thing in your shoes) but try to think about it from the point of view that "Hey, what if something happened and I plowed into someone and killed him because of the speed?" If that actually happened, you'd be sitting at home knowing if you'd just slowed down none of it would have happened, and a ticket would be the last thing on your mind. There's a reason people get ticketed for going too fast - it's to save the lives of not just you (and usually not because of the person speeding, but the unsuspecting people who are going the limit and get blind-sighted because they never expect to encounter someone going faster than them), but others around you.

There's no hate here, nor villification, and I'm certainly not judging you - just some thoughts I have on this situation.

And finally, think about this: the slower you go, the less rock chips you'll have!

Old 07-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Thank you,D 87 for your encouragement. I will make serious adjustments in my driving attitude immediately.I will be paying higher insurance for the next 5 years which will be more than a "good" lesson and a daily reminder of what happened the other day.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:26 AM
D87
Thank you,D 87 for your encouragement. I will make serious adjustments in my driving attitude immediately.I will be paying higher insurance for the next 5 years which will be more than a "good" lesson and a daily reminder of what happened the other day.

Now THAT'S the right attitude to have!

I have heard that you can challenge the ticket, call to re-schedule the day before or on the day of the hearing, then do it again the date of the next hearing (I've heard you can do it twice, but do show up on the third (final) time). The reasoning is that the cop shows and finds out you re-scheduled and wasted his time, he may or may not show the next time, but then of course you re-schedules AGAIN and he's wasted his time again. The logic is that he just doesn't want to waste any time and you show up the final time and he's not there to be a witness and the judge will see that he doesn't care enough to show and dismiss the case.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by D87
Now THAT'S the right attitude to have!

I have heard that you can challenge the ticket, call to re-schedule the day before or on the day of the hearing, then do it again the date of the next hearing (I've heard you can do it twice, but do show up on the third (final) time). The reasoning is that the cop shows and finds out you re-scheduled and wasted his time, he may or may not show the next time, but then of course you re-schedules AGAIN and he's wasted his time again. The logic is that he just doesn't want to waste any time and you show up the final time and he's not there to be a witness and the judge will see that he doesn't care enough to show and dismiss the case.
And after that . . . SLOOOOOOW down a bit, eh? Good luck!

Old 07-18-2005, 12:38 AM
What should I do?.
Take the bus before you kill a family of 4 in a mini van

Old 07-18-2005, 12:46 AM
D87
Originally Posted by G35Vision
Take the bus before you kill a family of 4 in a mini van
Yeah, read his last post guys, I think he got it so it's time for everyone to just chill and back off...

Everyone go and *enjoy* a smooth ride.