G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G has Soft Glass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question G has Soft Glass

I just got my G about a month now. I used my wipers for the 1st time and got a scratch on the glass where it wiped. Is there a way to buff out a light scratch?

Old 07-19-2005, 08:58 PM
yea mine was cracked last week from free way driving,,,,

Old 07-19-2005, 09:20 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to know that also, it just happened on my other car. Anyone know if Meguiars scratch X would help?

Old 07-19-2005, 10:54 PM
I had a hairline scratch, as an arc on my windsheild because the wiper blade rubber piece somehow fell off.. As long as you can't fit your fingernail deep into the scratch, it CAN come out. Bring it to any glass repair shop that does auto/window glass repair and they will immediately tell you if it can come out or not. I brought it to my Infiniti dealer and they got it out for free under warranty for a defective wiper blade. Beat that.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:33 PM
I read somewhere that Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn (Le Cost Cutter) made Nissan switch to a thinner glass to save money. Saving a buck a car adds up over time!

Old 07-20-2005, 12:25 AM
I have been trying to start a thread exactly like this for a week, but somethings wrong with the forum and it won't let me...so let me post it here!!!!

"I have an 05, only 3K miles and noticed that my windshield wipers have caused light arc-like scratches on the lower part of my windshield...WTF!!!

My blades are in perfect condition, I would advise you guys to check yours out too!!!

Also, does your windshield SPRAY or BLOB out when you hit the switch for the windshield fluid?? Mine blobs out....kinda wierd?

I've heard about NISSAN paint, but cmon the glass too??? I have had the dirtiest cars in the world, and NONE despite of dust accumulation have done this...."

And I've talked to a few 03 people( none had it), did something become cheaper all of a sudden for 05?!?

Old 07-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by clinty
It only takes a grain of silica stuck in the blade to do damage.

You are speaking about the G right? No other car of mine (Honda, Toyota, Chevy or Ford) has ever done this despite have pounds of dust/sand etc...

Infiniti is weak and is loosing my interest fairly rapidly. One problem to another in 6 months. Ridiculous.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:45 PM
my friend was driving his 350z on the highway the other day and a rock hit is front window and cracked it right down the middle.
HORRIBLE glass, my Nissan maxima has been hit many times by rocks no cracks or chips at all.

Really not cool that a 40k car can have this problem.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:49 PM
yup our glass sux a$$, i hit like a pebble or a lady bug and now i have a big knick in my glass...not quite a crack but still its annoying as $hit....cheap ****'s...plastic interior...$hitty paint...$hitty glass...whats next!?!?!?!

Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
yup our glass sux a$$, i hit like a pebble or a lady bug and now i have a big knick in my glass...not quite a crack but still its annoying as $hit....cheap ****'s...plastic interior...$hitty paint...$hitty glass...whats next!?!?!?!

PD you forgot sound system and transmission.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I dont think most people buy the car for preformance/durability. I mean, alot of people like the performance of their cars and like them to ahve high performance, but i think most people like the G35 because of its looks.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by GonSpeed
I dont think most people buy the car for preformance/durability. I mean, alot of people like the performance of their cars and like them to ahve high performance, but i think most people like the G35 because of its looks.

Exactly. So explain why is my glass lookin like crap! This car is generally sold based on appearance since we are a small percent of the people who mod it. Inifniti should've cared a bit more about appearance (paint/plastic trim/glass) than performance (+ 18HP, dual mass flywheel, self adjusting clutch) woopty doo...we still get spanked by 03 and 04s...

Old 07-20-2005, 08:00 PM
I think you guys should visit an M3 Board and a Porsche Board. These cars cost $25K to $50K more than our G35s, and the problems they are having make G35 issues look trivial beyond belief. The engine reliability was so bad on '02 and '03 M3s that they were all recalled, and around 1 of 5 996s need to have their rear seals replaced. No big deal if you have a warranty, but a cool $1K if you don't. Some of these 996s need multiple RMS replacements and some others require engine replacements.

So scratches in windshield don't quite get me too upset. You see I owned an '02 M3 and my son owns an '02 996, and he has had his RMS replaced twice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G has Soft Glass