G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

just layed down my first honda whooping!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just layed down my first honda whooping!

Hey all,

Today I am driving home from Sarasota, FL down RT 41, when I get to one of the many stop lights. I was first in line as I usually try to be because all these old ppl down here don't understand the concept of a green light when two kids (my age 20) pull up next to me in their kitted out Honda. They had rims and stickers everywhere of every performance company you could think; as I refer to them the "Fast and the Furious" type. Anyway they both look over at me and start revving their engine like tough guys and slighty pooping the clutch to roll forward and backwards. Normally I don't think twice about this type of people and just let them think they are real cool and bad*ss lol, but today was different because i have had my new G for a very short time and have resisted temptaion too often.

So, I decide to see what my car has got, the light turns green and they are off as am I. I was absolutly amazed at the responsiveness of this car, I have driven it hard before but not like this yet. We, had about what I would guess was a quarter mile until the next light and in third gear my just performed the way i hoped it would. In the begining we both hooked up and got quick starts, but before I knew it I had about 3 car lenghts on them. We get to the next light and the kid just rolled down his window and said I normally beat most ppl I race(so obviously from his demeanor he does it quite often) he asked me what i had done to it for mods and I told him nothing yet because I just got it. His exact words were "much respect."

Anyway thats my little story I hope you guys enjoy because I know I did but I am going to have to try my hardest not to make a habit of this because I am 20 years old and my insurance is already too high lol.
Take care all!

Old 07-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Nice kill. What kinda Honda was it though?

I guess you're not too worried about the break-in period

Old 07-21-2005, 04:10 PM
nice!

Represented us well i see =)

Old 07-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Just don't "poop" the clutch too much during break-in...

Old 07-21-2005, 04:12 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by pratik97
Nice kill. What kinda Honda was it though?

I guess you're not too worried about the break-in period

Old 07-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
fckkk the break in period.. lol drive it the way its ment to be driven and do your oil changes..

Old 07-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Yah, what is ...pooping the clutch ....? Interesting.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:29 PM
My car is broken in, the last week and a half i have driven 1250 miles and i think we all know i meant popping the clutch, next time I'll run a spell check lol. It was a civic by he way.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Clinty I hear from many people you are one incredible driver, maybe one day you can teach me all your secrets lol.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05screamer
My car is broken in, the last week and a half i have driven 1250 miles and i think we all know i meant popping the clutch, next time I'll run a spell check lol. It was a civic by he way.

I wouldn't be proud of the fact that you can beat a civic...I wouldn't have wasted the gas...Instead of saying "nice kill", Imma say WE would've killed you if you lost

Old 07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
I wouldn't be proud of the fact that you can beat a civic...I wouldn't have wasted the gas...Instead of saying "nice kill", Imma say WE would've killed you if you lost
what the hell he only beat a civic by 3 cars? BAD BAD BAD

Old 07-21-2005, 04:38 PM
I feel you on this one man - when i was driving my old Honda, i would have LOVED IT if a guy in a brand new G35 Coupe pulled next to me and gave me a "Show"........so now, whenever a lil ricer pulls next to me, i gladly show them how cool my car is and why they should stay in school and get a good job!!! lol

Funny thing is, now i pull next to 911's and AMG's and do the same thing...heh heh

Old 07-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
LOL apparently you havent seen what people are doing to civics! If that kid put time and money into his civic (and the stickers lead you to believe that) then it could easily smoke a G.

So this civic wasnt decked out as well as it could be. But it sounds like it was keeping up with a G which is pretty nice!

sheesh let the guy have his moment...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just layed down my first honda whooping!