G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How to get a 6MT Coupe under MSRP without waiting.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get a 6MT Coupe under MSRP without waiting.

In case anyone is still shopping for their 6MT coupe, this is how I got a good deal on mine without waiting:

Requirements:

Be willing to drive a good distance to pick it up.
Be willing to spend a few hours on the Internet.

The Story:

As I am sure all of you did, I fell in love with this car the first time I saw it in the magazines. I knew this was going to be my first sports car so I had to have the exact specs that I wanted. Well as all of you probably know, finding a Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium w/ no Nav, in stock, was just about impossible. Until you leverage the power of the Internet.
I simply logged on to Infiniti's Website and went to this page:

http://www.infiniti.com/form/global/...er/0,,,00.html

Once there, you figure out the zip codes to all of the major metropolitan areas in the country (or the ones that you are willing to drive to) and search for the dealers within a 150mi radius. Then you fill out the little e-mail form instructing the dealer to get a hold of you (by e-mail only, you don’t want to give 50 car dealers your phone #) if they have the exact car you want in stock. After that, just sit back and wait for them to come to you.
I found three dealers with the exact coupe I wanted in stock. I called all three and told each one that the other was willing to give me $500 off sticker and I would buy from them if they would beat it. Of course I was lying my a$$ off but the guy in Birmingham Alabama (apparently not a popular location for these cars) was willing to go for it. He ended up giving me $650 off the car and waiving some ridiculous $350 dealer service fee. So I like to claim that I got the car for $1000 less than I should have paid.
The only downside (or upside, depending on how you look at it) was that I had to drive 700 miles to get it. I just rented a one way car, grabbed a buddy, and cruised down from Chicago to pick up my brand new ride!
So that’s my story, I hope this might help someone that doesn't feel like waiting the 4 months that these dealers claim that we have to wait. The trick is to e-mail the dealers in the not-so-heavily-populated areas; they are the ones who aren’t moving these cars so quickly.

G35Coupe B/B 6MT Aero/Premium

Old 06-21-2003, 01:20 AM
G SQUAD
Re: How to get a 6MT Coupe under MSRP without waiting.

And the 700 mile ride back in your car only cost how much in gas, tolls and the cost of miles?

My estimate puts it at roughly $400 with $.50/mile.

The upside is that you're halfway done with breaking it in with the best highway miles you can get. Have fun with it!

2003.5 - G35 6spd - Diamond Graphite/Graphite leather, prem, aero package/kit

Old 06-22-2003, 08:01 AM

I was quoted $1,000 off MSRP by this same dealer in B'ham (only 3 hours away), but then at the last minute, he invoked a $300 dealer service fee. So $1000 off, quickly became $700. Figure the cost to drive there and back and suddenly they did not seem so attractive.

Old 06-23-2003, 07:15 AM

i was willing to order since i wanted a 6mt, DG, roof but now other packages.

played small dealer against big, got 1000 off msrp. will be getting one of the first 04's

Old 06-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Zen

That’s very simple to explain. First off, you didn't list your options. Anyone here in California can get a G35 coupe for less than MSRP. Riverside Infiniti gives you $200 off MSRP. Why? Dealers can give you a discount equal to any options they put on at the dealership. Riverside Infiniti gives you $200 off MSRP, the exact same MSRP price as the mud flaps. They basically put on the mud flaps and give you the mud flaps for free. You got $650 off. The same price as the Aero kit. The dealer put the wing on to make the car easier to sell. Every dealer must sell the car at the sticker price when the car got off the truck. I know this because my girlfriend works at a dealer in SoCal. The GM was honest to her and said he had to sell the car at sticker but he could throw in some extras for free. I agree with Balzac, the $650 off is not worth my time on the telephone talking to dealers, or on the internet, and not worth my time driving and the cost of gas to and from the dealership.