G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Remote start. anyone have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2005 | 03:41 AM
Inspector_yoo...is it a 5at or a 6mt?

Old 07-25-2005 | 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by inspector_yoo
"The hardest part of an aftermarket installation is hooking the door locks/factory disarm up. The remote start part is fairly simple, and straight forward. In fact, you can find all your wires INSIDE the car - hood pin is at the bcm and tach is at the ecu. However, to properly remote start the car you will need to disarm the factory security system first, meaning you will have to run two wires in to the drivers door. The only way to do this is to drill out the factory harnesses that run in the doors. The main drawback to this is that your BCM is right underneath the drivers side door harness where you will have to drill. Once you break the watertight seal you will void all sorts of warranties! If your BCM gets wet and quits working you will pretty much be screwed. I haven't heard of any BCM problems, but I do know that several people damaged their ECU by drilling holes above it.

The only other tricky thing is that the G35 has two separate starter wires that need to be energized. This can be done by using a relay, no big deal, but its different then most other cars."

Thanks for the information. Sounds pretty scary. I don't want to void any warranty, or damage anything. I already feel bad for cutting into the car.
ive had a bcm unit problem.. the place that installed mine drilled a pretty small hole.. but they drilled a huge *** hole for my audio wire and when it was raining one day, all the water went to the bcm unit shorting it out. This caused my windshield wipers to go off and I couldn't do anything to shut them. I took it to the dealer and they showed me that the bcm unit was wet and that it was about 400 to get a new one. So I left my car there to talk to the audio guys and of course, they didnt pay for shlt. I went back to the dealer to pick up my car and for some reason, the problem went away. My windshield wiper has been working fine ever since.

Old 07-25-2005 | 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by inspector_yoo
"The hardest part of an aftermarket installation is hooking the door locks/factory disarm up. The remote start part is fairly simple, and straight forward. In fact, you can find all your wires INSIDE the car - hood pin is at the bcm and tach is at the ecu. However, to properly remote start the car you will need to disarm the factory security system first, meaning you will have to run two wires in to the drivers door. The only way to do this is to drill out the factory harnesses that run in the doors. The main drawback to this is that your BCM is right underneath the drivers side door harness where you will have to drill. Once you break the watertight seal you will void all sorts of warranties! If your BCM gets wet and quits working you will pretty much be screwed. I haven't heard of any BCM problems, but I do know that several people damaged their ECU by drilling holes above it.

The only other tricky thing is that the G35 has two separate starter wires that need to be energized. This can be done by using a relay, no big deal, but its different then most other cars."

Thanks for the information. Sounds pretty scary. I don't want to void any warranty, or damage anything. I already feel bad for cutting into the car.
What do you mean about drilling out on the driver's side door?

Old 07-25-2005 | 03:56 PM
Banned
In order to tap the factory disarm wire you need to run wires in to the drivers door. The drivers door harness has a waterproof connector on the door, and on the body of the car. The only way to get wires through it is to drill holes.

I have never tried to start the G35 without disarming the security system first, so you might not have to tap this wire, but I have a strong feeling that you do, as you have to on almost every car.

Old 07-29-2005 | 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by smellyg35
is there a way to add remote start on to the stock alarm? with out buying a whole new alarm?
I have this if your interested. It works using your OEM remote. Also have a few bypasses. The remote start module is Autocommand and the bypasses are Autocommand & DEI. I have 2 of everything I think, and everything is new, never used.

Last edited by SLVRG35; 10-24-2005 at 01:39 AM.