G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New G35C questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G35C questions

Hi - I'm a new member looking to buy a new G35C soon.

Live in So. Calif and although I like manual trans, I will go with the 5AT since I sit in traffic every few days (don't want to smell or replace clutches every yr).
Need some feedback from you veterans for best bang for my buck; thanks in advance for your time:
1. Any diff or upgrades you know of with 06 G35C coming out in Oct ?
2. I'm thinking it's good time to buy a 05 now since good deals (at invoice) are possible now vs new 06 at MSRP and specific trim combo may take a while to find.
3. Would you buy the base model with 17" wheels/tires or go with the 18" upgrade for $650 from dealer ? Do those 17 tires last very long ?
4. Although the price seems good and you get 19s, I think the "sport tuned susp" isn't all that great. I read it's not any lower (just stiffer) and I can do better with aftermrkt susp mod adds myself.
5. So far, most all the dealer inventories have the "premium pkg". Not worth it IMHO but probably can get with at miniual cost.
6. Wish they still offered Caribbn or midnight blue, but I'm leaning towards lakeshore or athens blue with stone interior. Wheat int too light.
7. Is the 5AT reliable ? is it firm/crisp shift in "manual" mode til redline ?

Selling a 2000 TL (white diamond pearl) with Comptech mods (springs, headers, exhaust), Acura body kit, Wings West flush trunk rear spoiler, AEM intk and 94K miles (all hwy miles). 17" smoked gray Acura wheels and new tires. Very clean car, always garaged and asking $15K.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:57 PM
7 numbered points and only 3 are questions.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:06 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. speculation only: projector headlights, no known major changes yet or when the 06 is gonna be here. most likely end of the year
2. you should be able to get an 05 close to invoice, i got mine $1000 over in TX for a 6MT
3. stock tires never last that long, also depends on how you drive. if you get the 6mt you will be gettin the 19", if you get the auto i'd suggest the 18" just cuz they look better unless you'll be driving in snow then get the 17"
4. if you don't like the stock setup then get the 17" and go aftermarket for all the suspension stuff, the downside is that if you dont' know much about suspension things can go wrong. go with stock 19" with sport tuned suspension if you don't wanna bother with all that
5. non-premium pkg coupes are hard to find, you'd have to order one from the factory, in that case just wait for the 06 orders
6. i ordered athens blue with *edit, graphite* interior, it's gonna look great. lakeshore wasn't blue enough for me. both are hard to find
7. 5at is reliable, you will prolly need an ecu reflash to redline it, or drive it hard so it learns

Last edited by izmir41500; 07-27-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd get the 18's... still the best looking factory wheels ive seen on any Japanese car.

The 05's interiors are so much nicer than the 04's.... plus the 5AT's get
rev-matching on downshifts like a SequentialMT.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
I think the 19's own the 18's in style.

just my opinion

Old 07-26-2005, 10:55 PM
I Think The 19s Could Be Replaced By Aftermarket 19s For A Major Improvement...as Could The Sport Suspension. I Have Replaced All Of My Sport Package Upgrades Since I Got My Sedan. Huge Improvement Too! Makes Me Wish I Got A Standard Model Since I Replaced Everything That Sport Model Provided Anyway! But Please Wait For The 06 ...4 Wheal Stearing, Bluetooth, Dual Memory Seats, Higher Resale Value, Projectors. Its Well Worth The Extra Few Thousand To Wait. They Are Being Produced As We Speak(as Of Last Week I Believe!)...save Your Money By Opting For A Very Standard 06 Instead Of An Optioned Out 05.. I Think You Will Be More Happy!

Old 07-26-2005, 11:53 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by izmir41500
6. i ordered athens blue with stone interior, it's gonna look great. lakeshore wasn't blue enough for me. both are hard to find
Look at your brochure before it's too late, Athens blue doesn't come with stone interior. No idea what you ordered, but it only comes with wheat or graphite.

The ride with the sport-tuned suspension feels the same way as the Perf tire and wheel package to the average person. It is a little lower, but not stiffer. The 17" feel the smoothest and the tires will last the longest since they're not low profile. The 18" and 19" will last about the same. Your call, but the sport tuned package gives you lightweight wheels and viscous limited slip dif'l if you care about that. It's a great package if you're going to keep the car stock, if not don't waste your money.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:28 AM
WRAH
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Look at your brochure before it's too late, Athens blue doesn't come with stone interior. No idea what you ordered, but it only comes with wheat or graphite.

The ride with the sport-tuned suspension feels the same way as the Perf tire and wheel package to the average person. It is a little lower, but not stiffer. The 17" feel the smoothest and the tires will last the longest since they're not low profile. The 18" and 19" will last about the same. Your call, but the sport tuned package gives you lightweight wheels and viscous limited slip dif'l if you care about that. It's a great package if you're going to keep the car stock, if not don't waste your money.
ha ha that would suck!

Old 07-27-2005, 01:48 AM
I got the 18's because it simply looks much much better. Ofcourse I wanted a bigger rim but not with that kind of styling. I do like mesh rims but since the spokes curve inside, it looks smaller than it's size. Look, IT'S ALL ABOUT QUALITY(style), NOT QUANTITY(size).

Old 07-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by HOO-MAN?
I Think The 19s Could Be Replaced By Aftermarket 19s For A Major Improvement...as Could The Sport Suspension. I Have Replaced All Of My Sport Package Upgrades Since I Got My Sedan. Huge Improvement Too! Makes Me Wish I Got A Standard Model Since I Replaced Everything That Sport Model Provided Anyway! But Please Wait For The 06 ...4 Wheal Stearing, Bluetooth, Dual Memory Seats, Higher Resale Value, Projectors. Its Well Worth The Extra Few Thousand To Wait. They Are Being Produced As We Speak(as Of Last Week I Believe!)...save Your Money By Opting For A Very Standard 06 Instead Of An Optioned Out 05.. I Think You Will Be More Happy!
so it's for sure the 06 has those features? hmmm...maybe I should hold from buying an 05 G then

Old 07-27-2005, 05:43 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TopTech
7 numbered points and only 3 are questions.
so what. 3 questions and 0 responses in your post.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by lightforce18
I think the 19's own the 18's in style.

just my opinion

I agree. Another thing I like are the brakes. Not only do they have excellent performance for the street but they don't throw off much brake dust. This was really a nice surprise after owning an Audi TT. I could never keep the rims clean on my TT.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Thank you all for the feedback.

Now thinking about getting the tuned sport susp but asking the dealer to put 18s on instead. Been checking tirerack and places for replacement 19 tires in the future and the choices are slim (some don't even make 40 series 19 225/245 and need to go to 35 series - too low for me...). Lot of options for 18s though.
Really struggling with 5AT vs 6MT.... are the clutches holding up for those of you 6MT in ocassional bumper/bumper traffic and having 50+K miles ???

I heard you initially "train" the 5AT to shift high and agressive if you want. Can you do that and still keep it under 4000 for the breakin period ??

Tx

Old 07-27-2005, 11:12 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Actually choices are pretty limited for both 225/45/18 and 225/40/19. Do a search and you'll see that most people with 18" choose 245/40 as a replacement for the fronts. That's not "too low" because you're increasing tire width, therefore your sidewall increases too..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New G35C questions