G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer put on 70 miles..should I complain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to let you know. There are some pretty young kids 17-19 kids working for my Dublin Infiniti.

When I was going to 1st my the coupe, they told me how they would race them.

An old friend of mine back in H.S. used to steal corvettes from his fathers dealership and toy with the local police.
Sometimes they were other peoples cars!

Don't think something like this is out of the question!

Old 07-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Yea no kidding, 70 miles is a little heavy. I would at least let them know that your not happy with them.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Sumlime311
Yea no kidding, 70 miles is a little heavy. I would at least let them know that your not happy with them.
Life is too short to worry about something as 70 miles. My G35 had over 150 miles put on it by a dealer here in s.a. due to tranny issues. It pissed me off, but it took a long time for them to see the problem.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Life is too short to worry about something as 70 miles. My G35 had over 150 miles put on it by a dealer here in s.a. due to tranny issues. It pissed me off, but it took a long time for them to see the problem.
But a tranny I can see that. A mirror no.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:49 PM
when cerritos infiniti wanted to road test it for a difficult problem, the service manager called me first and asked if they could put 35-40 miles on it. said yes, of course, but when i got it back the drivers seat bolster was creased. must have been a fat-a$s tech. the crease eventually smoothed out.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by WRAH
But a tranny I can see that. A mirror no.
Even the tick in the tranny in FIRST gear should not have taken 70 miles.

When people say "life is too short to get mad" i think thats an easy way out for someone that avoids conflict. These people took a joyride with your 30-40k car and thats BS. I would not let it go unpunished otherwise the cuplrit will contiunue to do it.

AT least have them give you a LOGICAL explanation of where the miles came from!

-DZ

Old 07-28-2005, 02:38 PM
"life is too short to get mad"
This is Russ.. Life is too short for him to own a car more than 6 months. He isnt very attached to his cars.

I would definately demand an explaination. I go to extraordinary lengths to make sure I dont get rock chips (even with CB) or knock my car out of alignment on a pothole. So, I'm not comfortable with them using it as their car for a day. Or worse, as the parts car doing errands all day. But if they had a good explaination, I would be reasonable.

Old 07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
That'd be the last time I took my car there, explanation or not. And they'd be forking over a full tank of gas too. 70 miles is insane. These are all TSB's they don't need to "prove" them.

Old 07-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
70 miles is just downright ridiculous. I'd be furious. But then again. Last time a dealership 'test drove' a car of mine, it was my Honda Prelude that they wrecked to the tune of $5500. And they hadn't even fixed the TSB'd issue!

Don't put up with that ****! Hang 'em high!

Old 07-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
OMG I just saw that you're on Staten Island. Where the hell could they have possibly driven it for 70 MILES? That must've been a helluva lot of stop-and-go driving. I bet you someone took it home overnight.

ARRHGHGHH I'm getting jazzed just thinking about someone pulling this crap! This is Infiniti for G's sake! Not KIA or DAEWOO.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by TimW
This is Russ.. Life is too short for him to own a car more than 6 months. He isnt very attached to his cars.

I would definately demand an explaination. I go to extraordinary lengths to make sure I dont get rock chips (even with CB) or knock my car out of alignment on a pothole. So, I'm not comfortable with them using it as their car for a day. Or worse, as the parts car doing errands all day. But if they had a good explaination, I would be reasonable.
I am always attached to cars.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Gangster Member
WRAH, do me a favor take that Cartmen Hitler Icon off, i have a reason not like it as the holocaust is a close thing to me, it be the same thing if i got a Cartman wearing a Ku Klux Klan outfit.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by TheGest
WRAH, do me a favor take that Cartmen Hitler Icon off, i have a reason not like it as the holocaust is a close thing to me, it be the same thing if i got a Cartman wearing a Ku Klux Klan outfit.
quoting you from another thread:

Originally Posted by TheGest
unfair waaahhhh life isnt fair, thats what happens when....

Old 07-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks fellas

I thought I was being rediculous, but I'm glad I got your support. I called the Service Manager and he not only denied this happening but even the possiblity. Also stated that 70 miles is too much and after looking into my file, said that his best mechanic was working on my car and that no way in hell he was gone for 2 hours at any time. Mgr seemed very cool, and assured me that he watches them and that he doesn't even like them taking lunches so he's sure the tech wasn't out that long. When I mentioned maybe the guys that washed it, he also said they wouldn't have time to spend 2 hrs on one car. I don't know.
I give them a benefit of the doubt this time, consider this as a lesson learned, and from now on check my mileage before I leave the car and before I drive off.
On a side note, I'm from S.I. but the dealer is in NJ where I bought my car and there are a lot of highways around there.
Thanks guys and watch out.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by PDX_g35
quoting you from another thread:
what is that icon of cartman in a hitler outfit have to do with me sayin life is unfair about some guy saying some it isnt fair to him he is not gettin compensating, i gave him advice and even pmed him askin him if he needs a lawer and what state he lives in, which i think is more than what you did for the guy, i dont know if you got a problem with me, but i personally dont like any icons of hitler in a way, as some people would not like icons of ku klux klan members, i asked for him to take it off in a nice way, your point in quoting me made no sense

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer put on 70 miles..should I complain?