G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

got rolled!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Armani350GT
Chech to see if the street has a sign that says " Radar Enforced ". If it doesn't argue with them. Usually in Cali, wherever they you a photo or radar, it says so.
Yes, and then say it wasn't your fault because your mommy told you not to be late getting in. That point in your reasoning will overwhelm the judge. He will clearly see that you are not at fault for driving 85 in a 45 mph zone. How could he?

People, young and old, need to be a bit more responsible for their actions . . . But we won't start that sort of retarded thinking/behavior until after this incident finds its end and resolve.

Oh, wtf . . . Just argue the fact that there was no sign posted, which stated you could not drive 40 miles over the posted limit. What was I thinking? That is your definitive line of reasonable defense.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
When some ahole runs over one of your family members, we'll just say they should have been looking out for an idiot driver.
Why are you attacking me? I am simply providing legal evidence that the cop's case was weakened the moment he lied about the posted speed limit. So what if he was "doing him a favor"? Is the cop going to tell that to the judge? I highly doubt it, and it is a loophole that calls his other figure (85 mph) into question. If one figure is clearly wrong, how do we know the other is not? We DON'T, and thus his case against our member has not been proven. In the country where I live, you are innocent until PROVEN GUILTY BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. This provides reasonable doubt in my mind, and quite possibly in the judge's mind as well. I suppose where you live, everyone just pays their tickets and never contests them, since it's the "honorable" thing to do. Oh, and then you have also been taught to wish death on the families of those who have the ***** to actually take their chances in court. How screwed up is that? Sure he needs to slow down, but are you really telling me you have NEVER exceeded the speed limit? Because if you go 46 in a 45, you are just as guilty of breaking the law! Is someone who steals a dollar less guilty than one who steals $40? How about going to the judge then, and confessing your wrongdoing, and then DEMANDING to pay your fine and take the points on your record, for to accept a lesser punishment (or possibly none at all) means dishonor on your name and potential death to your family...if any of the "holier than thou's" on this board catch wind of it!

Sure, street racing is bad (you hear that, original poster?), blah, blah, blah...but the moment you started your callous disregard for MY family simply because I dared to provide the offender with a legal loophole in the officer's defense, you looked like the biggest idiot who's yet posted.

Last edited by dentalstud; 07-31-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:01 PM
there is no loophole if he has a veriferied radar reading on the speed. I may have just been in error by putting down 65 mph zone. In which case they may charge you for going 85 in a 45 zone if you bring it up. In any case you were being very stupid going 85 in a 45 mph zone and you could have killed someone or even your self by going that fast not to mention Street Racing. Get a grip and grow up. Pay the ticket and thank God he didn't write you up for 85 in a 45mph zone or take you to jail and impound your car.

Old 07-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by dentalstud
Why are you attacking me? I am simply providing legal evidence that the cop's case was weakened the moment he lied about the posted speed limit. So what if he was "doing him a favor"? Is the cop going to tell that to the judge? I highly doubt it, and it is a loophole that calls his other figure (85 mph) into question. If one figure is clearly wrong, how do we know the other is not? We DON'T, and thus his case against our member has not been proven. In the country where I live, you are innocent until PROVEN GUILTY BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. This provides reasonable doubt in my mind, and quite possibly in the judge's mind as well. I suppose where you live, everyone just pays their tickets and never contests them, since it's the "honorable" thing to do. Oh, and then you have also been taught to wish death on the families of those who have the ***** to actually take their chances in court. How screwed up is that? Sure he needs to slow down, but are you really telling me you have NEVER exceeded the speed limit? Because if you go 46 in a 45, you are just as guilty of breaking the law! Is someone who steals a dollar less guilty than one who steals $40? How about going to the judge then, and confessing your wrongdoing, and then DEMANDING to pay your fine and take the points on your record, for to accept a lesser punishment (or possibly none at all) means dishonor on your name and potential death to your family...if any of the "holier than thou's" on this board catch wind of it!

Sure, street racing is bad (you hear that, original poster?), blah, blah, blah...but the moment you started your callous disregard for MY family simply because I dared to provide the offender with a legal loophole in the officer's defense, you looked like the biggest idiot who's yet posted.

Who is attacking you? I trust you have gotten the wrinkles out of your Hanes.

BTW . . . Loopholes, unfortunately afford for those of whom have committed a wrong a safe haven to escape their responsiblities. Loosers are always in search for, as you say, "Loopholes." Need I say more?

Take 2(two) Imodium AD's and call me in the morning.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:45 PM
damn i got attacked...i've spoken with many other people regaurding the ticket, and some are saying to plead not guilty and hope the cop doesnt show up to court and have it dismissed or i'll probably just plead guilty and follow up with traffic school..i just dont understand how the cop send me the letter in the mail stating that there was a rador when he didnt even put that down on the ticket, im just a little confused on how he can say that when he got back to his office...and for the others that are saying that iw as wreckless and could have killed others, i understand the situation and yes i was being an idiot, and i apologize for the wrongdoing, i mean since the ticket, i have been very catious of everything and not speeding and being more responsible.
i checkd the signs and they say 45 mph, but there is no 'radar enforced' written on the signs. i appreciat your advice dentalstud im gonna send u a pic of the ticket and other notice on pm when i get them scanned.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
You did what!? You did 85 in a 45mph zone, which was a few blocks from where you live. Pay the ticket and whatever else comes with it. Be thankful you did not kill someone.
+1 Can't agree more.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 07-31-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by nwrzG35
damn i got attacked...i've spoken with many other people regaurding the ticket, and some are saying to plead not guilty and hope the cop doesnt show up to court and have it dismissed or i'll probably just plead guilty and follow up with traffic school..i just dont understand how the cop send me the letter in the mail stating that there was a rador when he didnt even put that down on the ticket, im just a little confused on how he can say that when he got back to his office...and for the others that are saying that iw as wreckless and could have killed others, i understand the situation and yes i was being an idiot, and i apologize for the wrongdoing, i mean since the ticket, i have been very catious of everything and not speeding and being more responsible.
i checkd the signs and they say 45 mph, but there is no 'radar enforced' written on the signs. i appreciat your advice dentalstud im gonna send u a pic of the ticket and other notice on pm when i get them scanned.
Radar enforced doesn't mean squat. Cops use radar all over god's creation and there aren't any radar enforced signs posted.

He's human and will likely say he forgot to annotate radar on the ticket - most likely the judge will believe him.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:37 PM
in georgia it is state law that "speed detection devices in use" signs be posted whenever entering into a municipality... you can fight and win... just because you did the crime doesnt mean you are guilty. this may sound stupid but we live in a democracy and if they are gonna use law to convict you... you should use law to prove you innocence according to the law

Old 07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

just because you did the crime doesnt mean you are guilty
This is one of the most irresponsible statements I've ever read here, and I've read a lot of them...

A perfect example of what has focked up our society..

No one is guilty of anything and everything is somebody else's fault.

When I read $hit like this I understand why shows like "I Want To Be A Hilton" and "Who Wants To Bang My Mom" are on the air - so slack-jawed mouth breathers like this will have something to watch..

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 07-31-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by notaz
just because you did the crime doesnt mean you are guilty.
No, that's EXACTLY what it means.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by notaz
you can fight and win... just because you did the crime doesnt mean you are guilty.
This comment and others like it in kind are a sad reflection on our moral and ethical state on mind. Where and how are these attitudes spawned? Sad . . . Truly sad . . .

Old 07-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Wink Wait jus a minit here

just because you did the crime doesnt mean you are guilty
Lesee here, O.J. did it, not guilty...
Micky Jackson did it, not guilty...
Coby did it, not guilty...
You did it, but, you ain't got no money or high priced lawyers, YOU GUILTY!

And hay, the rest of you guys lay off. There is NO WAY you can convince me that you have NEVER done the same or similar as some point in your lifetime.

Me, I'm just lucky that I can drive 140 mph a mile from my house cause there are no houses ON my road.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:27 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
Be a man and pay the fine. Things could be A LOT worse.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:10 AM
man, the cop just did you a favor - pay the ticket. I mean, he should have written you for 85 in a 45, in which you go directly to jail, and do not collect $200. He instead, only wrote you for 20 over which will just be a fine and no points on your liscense if you get a traffic lawyer for $50 and have them go to court for you to get it reduced to a non-moving violation. If you start all this whining in court about how the speed limit was actually 45, and you were going 85 - the judge is not going to side with you.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Texasscout
And hay, the rest of you guys lay off. There is NO WAY you can convince me that you have NEVER done the same or similar as some point in your lifetime.
Sure I have, but the difference is when I get caught I thank the officer and pay my fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got rolled!