Just got spanked and then some...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Obsessive Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got spanked and then some...

Full Story
So I went out to dinner at fridays with a few friends, and as we were leaving some kid started to be like "yo f**k u" and all that (i guess he had gotten in a fight with my friend previously about something else). I tihnk nothing of it, and i get in my car and start driving to leave the mall and head back to my buddys house. One of the kids pretended to throw something at my car a few times, so i reved my engine at him. He said "YO LETS RACE." (he had a ~2002 Camero) I said no, and turned to leave. He got in his car and took a short cut to the mall exit and cut me off, then stayed next to me for a while. He kept askin me to race him and saying "bring the POS on, and your car sucks!". Finally i turned down a street with him, we drove all the way to the end (so we could race the other way, the road is very long, wide, and mostly straight. It is a 4 lane road divided by a very large median). We get to the end, turn around, line up to race. He says "go on 3 beeps." He honks his horn 3 times, and were off...

Now, I have only been driving the 6MT for 2 months now, so im not an expert.
He took me from a launch (he had aftermarket wheels/tires), i spun through most of first gear, and he was already a car length ahead of me. I was floored through first, second, third and he kept gaining ground on me. When i hit 90 mph he was at least 6 car lengths in front of me, so i just backed off rather than be stupid and risk hurting myself, my g, or someone else.

He stopped at a stop sign and was talking all this **** and told me my car was such a piece. I asked him what he had done aftermarket, and he told me just exhaust but wouldnt let me look under the hood. I didnt really believe him, but o well. He kept trash talking and I just said "ok, well I am going to keep my G35, you can keep your Camero, and well see who gets more chicks, starting with the one I have in my car right now compared to the 3 guys you have in your car, looks like fun. And not to mention my car is 50 times more attractive than yours". He started cussing some more, and I just drove off.

I really didnt want to race him, but enough was enough. I cant believe he dusted me though.

Cliff Notes:
Raced a ~2002 Camero, and he took me from the line all the way up to 90 mph where he was 6 car lengths ahead of me and i backed off. He had aftermarket exhaust/wheels/tires, and I think he had more but he denied it. I have a 6MT stock.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:51 PM
if you wouldn't have spun through most of 1st gear you might have had a better chance.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:55 PM
They do silly things like that down on the Cape Tsk - Tsk - Tsk.

Lou

Old 07-31-2005, 06:55 PM
I am sure he had a Z28 Camero right? I think that would have at least 305hp vs the G35 298hp. So I am sure he had somethings done to it.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks man, do you know if it was a Z-28 or an SS? Cause if it was the V6 then you need to practice your driving. However, if he had 3 people in the car and it was just you and your girl, you should have been able to keep up with him better than that, not 6 car lengths. But like you said, he might have more done to it since he didn't let you check under the hood.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:05 PM
v8 vs v6... not surprised...mass torque... but learn how to drive your stick and have him show you under his hood...

Old 07-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Obsessive Owner
Originally Posted by zcarboy
I am sure he had a Z28 Camero right? I think that would have at least 305hp vs the G35 298hp. So I am sure he had somethings done to it.
Ya it was the Z28.

He did'nt have the guys in his car for the race, he let the 3 of them go in his other friends truck and watch. So it was me n my girl in my car n jus him in his car.

I cant be that bad with the stick, I beat my friends WRX off the line twice in a row. He has been driving sitck for a year n a half now on the same car.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:25 PM
dont kid yourself... it would take alot to beat a ls1... lots of hp lots of tq... easy to get gains on those too with minor mods

Old 07-31-2005, 07:31 PM
THE BATMOBILE
i hate people like that...........

Old 07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Get a TTZ with a few mods n smoke that ***** =) besides, a muscle car vs. a luxury coupe is not quite fair game.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by MikeStarrG35
He kept trash talking and I just said "ok, well I am going to keep my G35, you can keep your Camero, and well see who gets more chicks, starting with the one I have in my car right now compared to the 3 guys you have in your car, looks like fun. And not to mention my car is 50 times more attractive than yours". He started cussing some more, and I just drove off.
LOL! Good one!

Anyway, not to put you down or anything, but it sounds like you need more experience shifting. I can't even tell you how many times I have taken cars that should have whooped my *** because they couldn't shift. I was messing with an EVO once, and you could tell he had no idea how to shift, how you could hear his engine come to a complete stop, the car slow down, the car jerk once he finally shifted, and then finally went on, so being that I had an auto and just slammed the gas pedal gave me a huge advantage. Don't forget that these 5 second times you see in the magazines are done under perfect conditions, the best times of several runs, with perfect shifts and professional drivers.

Camaros are fast cars. They can probably take a G stock, but 6 car lengths is a little much.

I don't condone streetracing, but I'm not going to lie and say I'll never have some fun on some open highways with other fast cars. If I do happen to "beat" another car, I'm never a jerk about it. Hopefully I can trust that G owners have more class than that if they do decide to race.

Last edited by heeb; 07-31-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Obsessive Owner
Ya, i guess a muscle car has the performance advantage on a luxury coupe, but o well, I LOVE my car, and it is plenty fast for me.

heeb:
Thanks. Ya I know I am bad at shifting, and I am not denying it. I could have misjudged the length, i was int raffic today and i counted 6 cars ahead of me, and it seemed like a very far distance, if i remember correctly when I compared it to the traffic, it looked closer to 4/5 car lengths.

It is hard to master the stick, especially since I dont really have anyone to ask qustions or drive with me and teach me, I am kind of learning as I go...hopefully i dont destroy the clutch!!

Old 07-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Z28 '02 does the 1/4 in 14 seconds. You need to drive your car better. From the sounds of it, he wasn't too bright and probably couldn't afford much even in terms of bolt-ons (look at the car he's rolling). Not to say enthusiasts wouldn't enjoy an inexpensive ls1 but it's his primary auto...or his dad's.

Too bad on losing to a rebar with your lady in your car. That made me cringe; ;/

Anyway, just get better with your car, roll with half a tank, and have fun!

Personally, I would've taken a turn or something when the guy went to his third honk.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Obsessive Owner
Originally Posted by whyjay91
Z28 '02 does the 1/4 in 14 seconds. You need to drive your car better. From the sounds of it, he wasn't too bright and probably couldn't afford much even in terms of bolt-ons (look at the car he's rolling). Not to say enthusiasts wouldn't enjoy an inexpensive ls1 but it's his primary auto...or his dad's.

Too bad on losing to a rebar with your lady in your car. That made me cringe; ;/

Anyway, just get better with your car, roll with half a tank, and have fun!

Personally, I would've taken a turn or something when the guy went to his third honk.
Before I bought the G i was considering a less expensive car and putting a lot of money into it, but I am much happier with the road I went down.

Losing with my girl wasn't that bad, she hated the kid, and she knows I'm still learning on the stick. She loves my car (although she claims to hate it sometimes since i pay so much attention to it) and she would rather me lose a race than try to catch up and end up hurting myself or my G. Besides, she knows how fast the G is

Old 07-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
rather than be stupid
Too late. You missed that opportunity when you caved and raced this di*k-weed.

Hopefully you didn't race with your girlfriend in the car - let's hope you were smart enough to leave her on the curb although from the sound of it you focked that away too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got spanked and then some...