G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Engine Service light is ON... Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Vic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Service light is ON... Help

I was supposed to get my coupe serviced at 15000 miles. But I did not get a chance to drop my car to the dealer this past weeks. I am going to do it next week since I'm not gonna be busy. Today I noticed that at 15300 miles, the Engine Service light is ON. I'm just worried about this. Is that indicator just want to remind me to get the car serviced or have something bad happened to my coupe?
Please give me some feedbacks on this guys. I'm very worried.. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:29 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Vic
I was supposed to get my coupe serviced at 15000 miles. But I did not get a chance to drop my car to the dealer this past weeks. I am going to do it next week since I'm not gonna be busy. Today I noticed that at 15300 miles, the Engine Service light is ON. I'm just worried about this. Is that indicator just want to remind me to get the car serviced or have something bad happened to my coupe?
Please give me some feedbacks on this guys. I'm very worried.. Thanks.
The check engine light won't remind you to get regular service. It came on because there is a problem somewhere with the system.
Get the dealer to scan the ECU and find out what's wrong and have them fix it.
C.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Vic
I actually just called infiniti road assistance. they told me that if the light is on steadily, then it's going to be find. It's just some sort of a reminder for me to get the car serviced. However, if the engine light is blinking, then there is something wrong with the engine.
Please clarify me on this...

Old 07-31-2005, 07:34 PM
thats true

Old 07-31-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't know if I would believe that or not. The G has absolutely NO reminder, hidden timer or anything like that to indicate that you need a service.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:08 PM
that light only come on when the ECU detected something is not working like normal.usually after you done some mod to the car.most of the time it will recalibrate ifself and the light gone away.if you haven't done anything to the car lately then you should take it in dealer to look at.
i don't it anything serious,otherwise you can't drive the car

Old 07-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by heeb
I don't know if I would believe that or not. The G has absolutely NO reminder, hidden timer or anything like that to indicate that you need a service.
Hmmm, my '03 nav tells me when it's time for service! And it's not hidden or anything.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Anytime I had my service soon light come on, first thing I did was unscrew the gas cap, and re-install it. Sometimes when they pump your fuel the attendant doesn't tighten the cap properly.

After a couple of miles, the light usually goes off........If that doesn't do it, I suggest following the others lead and take it in for a ecu reset.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Vic
I just reset the ECU by unhooking the battrey. Now the engine light is gone and there is a reminder from my navigation system saying that "changing oil and oil filter is due".
What do you think about this? It looks like that the engine sevice light that went off earlier was just a reminder to get the car serviced.. Any thoughts?

Old 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by GR8TG35
Anytime I had my service soon light come on, first thing I did was unscrew the gas cap, and re-install it. Sometimes when they pump your fuel the attendant doesn't tighten the cap properly.
damn! they still have people to do that where you live?

Old 08-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
^^^

mostly up north

Old 10-22-2009, 11:47 AM
My car took a nasty fall from a jack stand, thankfully no one was near it except me, and it didn't do any damage. So i cleared the driveway and started it up, and i'm staring at the cursed Service Engine soon light. Working on another project any way so i figue i'll un hook the battery and when i'm done see what happens, Get done, hook up battery, turn ignition, vrooom no "service engine soon" light. YAY!!!! Anyway based on what i've learned about obd2 computers and switches like that they'll never come on for just on incedent. it has to happen twice, THAT OR, Its programmed to know when its not running great, OR its programmed to tell you every time 3000 miles passes you need and oil change and at 20000 take it for basic maintenance. Stuff like that. I hate those service messages, used to have one in my old caraven but dodge and everyone said nothings wrong so i was stuck with the red light in the corner of my eye all time. Finnaly i said screw it and took the bulb out...

Old 10-22-2009, 12:52 PM
... deleting comment. Didn't realize the OP was in 2005

Last edited by System Shock; 10-22-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GR8TG35

After a couple of miles, the light usually goes off........If that doesn't do it, I suggest following the others lead and take it in for a ecu reset.
Wow i know im 4 years behind but im only 25 so when he posted that i was 21 and i've never in my life had any attendant pump my gas for me... I lived in Miami my whole life n recently moved to Broward but wow... people pump your gas for you when u go to a gas station? I'd like to move there!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I've never had anyone pump gas for me either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Engine Service light is ON... Help