G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

For the Computer Geeks: Carputer v2.0 project. Few pics/video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice setup!! I was wondering is it possible to set up a cam from the back when you reverse? like the ones equipped in suv?

Old 08-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by S-Tuned
so hot, love that one screen with infiniti logo in middle
+10000000

Old 08-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik97
^^^^ woah bro chill out man. god_of_cpu is the one that has created this product and is on the boards and know him personally. I can assure you he's spent hundreds of hours researching the product. You can't fit a motor back there, there's just not enough room. Trust me, we've all asked him the same question. With that said, maybe you want to see the thread I created this morning. I paid about half the price of stock NAV (although I did have some parts laying around too) and I can do mp3's/gps/nav/wifi/dvd/reverse camera and lots of other stuff with my touchscreen.

Check out the video in my post to see it in action:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62636

Hey Pratik97, did you fabricate the lcd housing and the mechanism needed to put it back in the console? How hard was it to take the dash and everything out?

Doesn't anybody know where I can buy the actual factory lcd screen w/o navi?

Old 08-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Victor5688
Nice setup!! I was wondering is it possible to set up a cam from the back when you reverse? like the ones equipped in suv?
Victor, thats going in anyday now. I'm going to wire it to my reverse lights and use the other composite input to the Xenarc touchscreen. Basically you'll fire up the car, put it in reverse and on comes the camera. It'll be a sweet setup when I finally find some time to put it in!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by S-Tuned
so hot, love that one screen with infiniti logo in middle
If you can't see the video, just hit the stop and let it stream all the way through and then it'll show.

That front-end is called Frodoplayer and I actually made a custom image with that logo and put it there in the middle. Glad you like the way it turned out

Old 08-03-2005, 11:17 PM
THE BATMOBILE
very nice

Old 08-04-2005, 01:56 AM
YOUR DADDY
WOW.. that looks REAL hot.. If i bring a shuttle over can you do that to mine.. . i'l tattoo u or bring beer or my girl or sumin

Last edited by JoeP; 08-04-2005 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:59 AM
YOUR DADDY
haha just saw the video.. Pimpin all over the world

Old 08-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Haha, that is so pimp...

Old 08-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Some of the things on the computer its self is not my cup of tea but I do have to say that it is done very well and looks pretty damn cool for the most part.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:31 AM
That there is really nice! makes me wan't to do that instead of upgrading my HU. I wonder How I would interface that to my stereo installation.? Can I do the same thing with the new Mac Mini? because I would want to place the CPU in the upper glove box in my car. I would really want to play with it in person tho to bad. to many question I have about that. it would be cool if I could interface the CPU with my car to tell me realtime Diagnostics like A/F mixture/ Boost / EGT and such through maybe and OBD II or something does anyone know if it's possible to do that?

Old 08-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Rudeboy
That there is really nice! makes me wan't to do that instead of upgrading my HU. I wonder How I would interface that to my stereo installation.? Can I do the same thing with the new Mac Mini? because I would want to place the CPU in the upper glove box in my car. I would really want to play with it in person tho to bad. to many question I have about that. it would be cool if I could interface the CPU with my car to tell me realtime Diagnostics like A/F mixture/ Boost / EGT and such through maybe and OBD II or something does anyone know if it's possible to do that?
Actually yes you can do exactly that. OBDII is very popular amongst carputers. I personally didnt want to get that far into it and for me, mp3's/dvd/gps/nav is a wonderful thing!

You interface this with your stereo with a PAC-AAI unit. It uses your SAT button on your Bose system. As you can see in the video it looks like im listening to Satellite but its really my carputer.

JoeP, you got any questions hit me up. Im not down with the ink but the beer and a girl, sure why not

Old 08-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Wink Simply amazing....

Great job pratik. Very well done.
1) Did you do everything all by yourself? Are there any shops which do such stuff? I live in Chicago and how / where can I find such shops?

Did you build the CPU all by yourself? I am a computer geek too and am very good at building PC's.

2) Can the PC be placed in the center armrest, so that it will be easier for loading DVD's?

3) How much did the whole setup cost you, hardware + wiring + software, etc..? I am willing to spend upto $1000 - $1500 for such a cool setup. It would be great if you add the reverse camera too.

4) I have 7yr / 100K warranty and will all these Mods void the warranty?

Please point me to online or other resources where I can find information on building such a setup for my car.

5) This might be a stupid question, What is the meaning of "carputers" ?

Thanks,

Old 08-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Hello Pratik,

Have you try to turn on your computer during a hot day while your car is parked outside for a while? What kind of cooling solution for your computer?

I know the celeron doesn't generate that much heat but if a car is park outside in the sun for a while, the temp could rise up really high and your computer not able to boot up.

BTW, very nice setup! You should do a write up on how you connect everything

Old 08-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by bigbadbns
Hello Pratik,

Have you try to turn on your computer during a hot day while your car is parked outside for a while? What kind of cooling solution for your computer?

I know the celeron doesn't generate that much heat but if a car is park outside in the sun for a while, the temp could rise up really high and your computer not able to boot up.

BTW, very nice setup! You should do a write up on how you connect everything
Funny you ask. I just went out for lunch and it was a bomby 103 when I sat in the car. Carputer booted up just fine. With my power supply (Opus) if it gets too hot, it will automatically shut down regardless but honestly I haven't had any problems just yet. I'm actually worried about cold starts in the winter when its around 0 degrees. Wonder how it will respond then! Gotta love the DC weather.

G35DreamCar, I will get to all your answers a bit later. Just swamped right now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For the Computer Geeks: Carputer v2.0 project. Few pics/video